New Truck!

It has many smart innovations, power tailgate, the integrated tailgate step, etc.. Ford did it right

He also rides a beautiful red S1000R.

The Fx4(offroad package) and Platinum package have all the options the Raptor does, without the obvious exceptions like the engine(which differs from the standard 3.5) and suspension.
The power lock, slow drop tailgate, panoramic roof, cooled front seats are all available on other models.
The F-150 can be had with more options and configurations than any other vehicle as well.
I saw three 2017 fx4's optioned like I'm looking for in the last 2 weeks...one in Houstan, 2 in Washington state, lol.
Figures. Basically the truck Arch bought, only in black, without the Platinum package(which adds chrome and brushed aluminum trim). Finding an fx4 in black with power steps vs fixed boards is hard too.
I've been seriously looking for several months now, as This is the big priority in front of another bike. And as much as they cost, I will keep searching until I find the exact right one. I don't want brand new, they cost and depriciate too much for me. As well as property taxes and insurance are awful.
I've found out in the past that a 2 year old, low mileage vehicle is the way to go for me.
Costs and prices have settled pretty well by then.
And...since my dad sold his '18 5.0, I've been trying to talk him into a Raptor(you know, so I can borrow it, lol), but I don't see him spending $60-$80k on any vehicle, ever...not that I could blame him.

One will present itself to you...they only made a few million...

Here in the salt belt, the retractable steps are useless as the motors crap out all the time. I can't recall how many I've seen rolling down the hiway with one up and one down or the front down and the back up...

When my older son comes to visit, his high-lights are driving my truck and wishing he could drive my Busa.

The Fx4(offroad package) and Platinum package have all the options the Raptor does, without the obvious exceptions like the engine(which differs from the standard 3.5) and suspension.
The power lock, slow drop tailgate, panoramic roof, cooled front seats are all available on other models.
The F-150 can be had with more options and configurations than any other vehicle as well.
I saw three 2017 fx4's optioned like I'm looking for in the last 2 weeks...one in Houstan, 2 in Washington state, lol.
Figures. Basically the truck Arch bought, only in black, without the Platinum package(which adds chrome and brushed aluminum trim). Finding an fx4 in black with power steps vs fixed boards is hard too.
I've been seriously looking for several months now, as This is the big priority in front of another bike. And as much as they cost, I will keep searching until I find the exact right one. I don't want brand new, they cost and depriciate too much for me. As well as property taxes and insurance are awful.
I've found out in the past that a 2 year old, low mileage vehicle is the way to go for me.
Costs and prices have settled pretty well by then.
And...since my dad sold his '18 5.0, I've been trying to talk him into a Raptor(you know, so I can borrow it, lol), but I don't see him spending $60-$80k on any vehicle, ever...not that I could blame him.
I had a 2010 Raptor the first year they came out. It still had the 5.8L.

One will present itself to you...they only made a few million...

Here in the salt belt, the retractable steps are useless as the motors crap out all the time. I can't recall how many I've seen rolling down the hiway with one up and one down or the front down and the back up...

When my older son comes to visit, his high-lights are driving my truck and wishing he could drive my Busa.

I've seen Alot of the power steps stuck down, knowing that their electric motor likely died. But, never stopped to think about salt being the cause, and that makes sense.
I avoid vehicles with history in the rust belt states. But now it's lookout for all the southern states too, as much flooding as we've had in the last couple years.
But, as you said, the right one will show up at the right time. I don't rush decisions. And as much as the org is tired of hearing about "my next bike", this is why, the next truck has to come first, lol.

I've seen Alot of the power steps stuck down, knowing that their electric motor likely died. But, never stopped to think about salt being the cause, and that makes sense.
I avoid vehicles with history in the rust belt states. But now it's lookout for all the southern states too, as much flooding as we've had in the last couple years.
But, as you said, the right one will show up at the right time. I don't rush decisions. And as much as the org is tired of hearing about "my next bike", this is why, the next truck has to come first, lol.

Yep, priorities, priorities......if I were on the hunt for a 4 wheeled vehicle, a bike purchase would be second to that.

I personally will never buy used again but that is my preference. I always bought used before and usually got lucky though.

my truck also has a lifetime powertrain warranty. when the sales man said that I laughed and said ok right. he said no chit, lifetime. prove you changed the oil and they fix it. that crazy

Yep, priorities, priorities......if I were on the hunt for a 4 wheeled vehicle, a bike purchase would be second to that.

I personally will never buy used again but that is my preference. I always bought used before and usually got lucky though.

I would like new, but given new prices, depreciation, and the fact that my local Ford dealer has a nice, shiny, super fancy F-150 for $82k!!!! Yet the Raptor next to it stickers for $73k! Makes no sense to me.
And, that I can get the Raptor with 5k-10k miles for $58k to $60k is just crazy.
2017 fx4's that I'm looking at are high 30's, to low 40's with mileage in the teens.
So nearing half price, but with the remainder of factory warranty.
There was one 2 hrs from me, but it sold the day after it was advertised. The rest, as said, far away.
So, the search goes on.
That, or, I'm one good lottery ticket from a Raptor

I would like new, but given new prices, depreciation, and the fact that my local Ford dealer has a nice, shiny, super fancy F-150 for $82k!!!! Yet the Raptor next to it stickers for $73k! Makes no sense to me.
And, that I can get the Raptor with 5k-10k miles for $58k to $60k is just crazy.
2017 fx4's that I'm looking at are high 30's, to low 40's with mileage in the teens.
So nearing half price, but with the remainder of factory warranty.
There was one 2 hrs from me, but it sold the day after it was advertised. The rest, as said, far away.
So, the search goes on.
That, or, I'm one good lottery ticket from a Raptor

Best time to buy new is between Christmas and New Years...they want to move the last year models and usually offer great discounts. My ram was listed for $63K and with all the discounts I paid much less...(can't recall how much but it was significant). With 0% interest and 0 down, it was cheaper than the used Ram I was originally looking at.

Those are crazy prices, they must have 24 carat gold trim or something...

we have 3 Raptors in our office. they tell me the Raptor 3.5 is significantly more work done to it than the platinum. not just bolt ons. there is an awesome blue 2019 I was drooling over but they wanted$75 k with almost no incentives. that's crazy.

besides a Raptor is really an F150 for guys who need a couple more inches. lol!

Back