New Truck!

3 of them have the 3.5, and one bought an '18 F-150 Platinum diesel a couple weeks ago. She says the diesel is getting around 20mpg everywhere, and mid 20's highway.
So very similiar to 3.5 mpg.
As for 15-16 mpg with a lift and big tires...that is Really Good. The lift hurts the mpg more than the weight of the bigger tires too. I had an 01 4Runner years ago that I put 1" spacers on the front, and +2" springs in the rear, so it sat level. Mpg instantly dropped from 17 to 14, and I have experienced this in many vehicles, a few of mine and many of my friends trucks.
So getting 19 to 23-24+ mpg with a full size truck is really impressive, especially with so much power, even more than the 5.0, actually 100 lb' of torque more, and without the racket. I love the sound of a V8, and I'm a Ford man, but like a quiet vehicle as a daily driver. As expected, the V6 makes no noise at all, where as the 5.0 growls everywhere it goes, and it sounds great, just gets old fast to me if it's not a hotrod :beerchug:
I know about those lifts. I had land cruiser coils on the rear and 1in spacers on the front on my 96 runner and agree with you. Also agree that, while the 5.0 is fun around town, my mustang drives me crazy on road trips to NY. From my research, guys are reporting 22mpg on highway with 33s on the f-250, so I would like to go that route and have the bigger truck. Not saying I wouldn’t buy an F-150 though, I guess I will see what I end up with whenever I pull the trigger. I do like the idea of being able to park in my garage and the f-150 is the only one that will fit, if I leave it at stock height.

we have 3 Raptors in our office. they tell me the Raptor 3.5 is significantly more work done to it than the platinum. not just bolt ons. there is an awesome blue 2019 I was drooling over but they wanted$75 k with almost no incentives. that's crazy.

besides a Raptor is really an F150 for guys who need a couple more inches. lol!
My 14 F-350 Platinum had more inches of height than my Raptor. The Raptor has Fox shocks and a wider suspension for off roading. Also more travel. Also locking front and rear diffs.

Good color, easy to clean at least. I had 3 F-150s in a row before I went to a Ram. I figure there isn't much difference between all the trucks these days. I went Ram simply because they gave me the best deal.

You got a killer deal so that would be a tie breaker for me as well....

Nice truck.
Diff is that Dodge has it figured out to every bed rusts out at 7-8yrs right when buyers have paid them off. Not by chance as the old dodges still are not rusted today saw one last week! I owned a custom hot rod Dodge few years back traded it in after a year (horrific in snow) then saw it 2yrs later in work parking lot walked right past it no idea. Three days later I looked again cause it seemed familure; I recognized it only due to a custom antenna I ordered for it. It went from show stopper to run down in 3yrs.

Diff is that Dodge has it figured out to every bed rusts out at 7-8yrs right when buyers have paid them off. Not by chance as the old dodges still are not rusted today saw one last week! I owned a custom hot rod Dodge few years back traded it in after a year (horrific in snow) then saw it 2yrs later in work parking lot walked right past it no idea. Three days later I looked again cause it seemed familure; I recognized it only due to a custom antenna I ordered for it. It went from show stopper to run down in 3yrs.

Sadly that could have been any vehicle from any manufacturer especially if the owner doesn't look after it. Living in the salt belt, even aluminum is susceptible to corrosion.

I know from experience how awful it feels to see your pride and joy being run into the ground by someone who could care less about it.

So far my Ram has been good-is it perfect? I don't think there is anything perfect out there.

Back