New Truck!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Got a demo 2018 F-150 platinum. New warranty, loaded and over $23k off because I designed the dealership. It is amazing and my first truck so I'm basically a newbie as far as handling all that mass. Not a car guy at all, don't know why. But I immediately fell in love with this vehicle. Plan was the truck and a trailer sort of like c10. But the 10 year anniversary project ate a big chunk of the trailer money, wife is stable at the moment, lol!

Been planning this for years and saving them the dealer called and said I got your truck. I had already committed to the Busa build so had to give up the trailer.
20190405_171903.jpg

P
20190405_171903.jpg

re
20190405_171853.jpg

tty happy though.

I've been looking at the same trucks for a few months now. But the fx4 package only, minus the platinum package(no shine).
Regardless, have you seen the factory Ford ramps? I want those. $600, store in bed over each wheel well, slide/extend to double in length, and slide on to the tailgate from the side so they can't come off as you ride up.
They can be any spacing apart too.
Looks like just what you need in place of a trailer.

I've been looking at the same trucks for a few months now. But the fx4 package only, minus the platinum package(no shine).
Regardless, have you seen the factory Ford ramps? I want those. $600, store in bed over each wheel well, slide/extend to double in length, and slide on to the tailgate from the side so they can't come off as you ride up.
They can be any spacing apart too.
Looks like just what you need in place of a trailer.
I'll look at them. Honestly I think my wife is a little relieved because she loves a hotel. So maybe I can just get a bike trailer used and be done with it.

Only a 5.5 ft bed anyway.

A couple coworkers of mine have these too, with the 3.5, and the gas mileage is ridiculous, 19mpg at the worst, and 23-25 highway...on a 6500 lb truck. Amazing tech.
385hp...470 lb ft of torque...at 2500rpm! Diesel territory right there!

Same 3.5 I had and loved it. Never felt short on power. I like the idea of those ramps, but then u cant put a Roll n Lock or equivelant on it. Best thing I did to that truck was the Roll n Lock btw.
Troy

Same 3.5 I had and loved it. Never felt short on power. I like the idea of those ramps, but then u cant put a Roll n Lock or equivelant on it. Best thing I did to that truck was the Roll n Lock btw.
Troy

The rolltops are nice, but it depends what you want to use the bed for.
A friend of mine has a rolltop on his Silverado. It works great, but the box the top rolls into is over a foot square, so it takes up alot of room.
Those ramps fit with a tri-fold, flush mount, hard bed cover, and those covers lift off when needed.
I've been truck shopping for a while now too, and this looks like the easiest way to haul a 4wheeler or bike. :beerchug:

Back