New Truck Time

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Well I figure its time to sell the 98 Chevy Short Wide Single cab and get me a Crew Cab Truck.

Check this out. I went to a local Dealership today and looked at there used trucks, There was a 2005 Black Z-71 Crew Cab truck there that was about as nice as you can get. I looked at the sticker and it showed 3,200 Miles yes 3,200. So I find me a salesman to verify mileage, Yep 3,200 miles. The truck is Brand New, Has never been sold or tagged, Been in the same lot for 4 yrs.

And here is why. 2005, 3,200 miles, $30,000

Turns out it is a Custom Truck they put so much money in the couldnt sell it for what they put in it, When it was new in 05 he said it was listed for somewhere between 40 to 50.

So I look at it and tell the guy, its an 05. 4 yrs old, He says no its new, New thats 4 yrs old. I offered $20,000 When the manager came back with my offer sheet, His offer was $30,129, He actually added a fee onto the price. I went and found him and told him to enjoy the truck for another 4 yrs.

It's new as long as they have it, once someone buys it, it's four years old :whistle:

Sounds like they didn't want to sell it very bad.

Saw on the news that a Dodge dealer in FL is selling trucks "Buy one get one free" Might make a trip south:whistle:

If it's got 3200 miles that is at best demo but it's not new.
Oh and four years old please!???

If it's got 3200 miles that is at best demo but it's not new.
Oh and four years old please!???

One thing I did tell them was it may be brand new to you but as soon as it leaves this lot its 4 yrs old

Have some fun with this one. Call them everyday and say, "Ready to take $20K?"

Or better yet, screw em and buy elsewhere. They don't deserve your business.

KBB (which is notoriously high) says it is only worth 23,500 dealer retail! and that is loaded to the gills with crap check it out. 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pickup - Suggested Retail Value - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

Private party value (your value when you drive it off the lot and it is a four year old truck) says it is only worth 21,300. This doesn't even take into account public opinion value which if it was this last summer it would haev had a hardtime selling at 12. If you really like the truck tell him to show you on kbb how it is worth more than 23,000 and still offer 20. Good luck the 05 Z71 is an awesome truck. P.S. check ebay they are a dime a dozen.

I know where there is a 2006 Silverado LT1, 2500 HD 4WD CREW, Mileage: 40,751 with the Duramax that can be had for in the $23k range. It was Chad's tow truck before he passed away earlier this year.

When gas was at it's highest, I made a reasonable offer to a local dealer on a used truck they had on the lot. Their counter offer was higher than the price marked on the truck, which was already overpriced based on the online pricing guides, let alone the current market conditions were at a time where people were getting rid of truacks left and rigt. Some of these crooks don't have a clue.

Glad I am not in need of a vehicle right now. Where's that wood? Wood desk, so I'm okay. :laugh:

Back