Best things to buy for improved braking

I wouldn't recommend buying brake pads off ebay. They may say EBC on the package and still be Chinese knockoffs. Go visit Pashnit, you are guaranteed to get the real McCoy.

Ya i was more looking for some pics of them and ebay is what came up 1st. Were those the right thing?

Don't agree with your friend. Don't get EBC either, stock is better. Do SS lines and some good race pads first. Then think about a new master. Then look into calipers and rotors, in that order.

Your post is a bit confusing and I'm not sure what your point is. I am certainly not in agreement with you if you are referring to carbon race pads for street use. Carbon race pads on a street ride is a real recipe for shoving the front tire back through the radiator.

Carbon race pads are designed to work under intense heat generated by continuous use normally only found on a road race track. If you have experience with race pads you are aware of their poor effectiveness when cold. When you pull out of your driveway and reach 60 mph in 2nd gear and suddenly apply the brakes you have none. Squeeze as hard as you like with your brembo brakes and nothing happens. Continue the squeeze and you can feel them slowly come on as they build heat until they eventually stand you on your nose. In the meantime you have covered the length of a football field, maybe more.

This is why we get a warm up lap before the race to warm up the brakes as well as the tires. Once a carbon pad is hot, you cannot have a better pad under heat! Problem is, you cannot keep them hot on the street.

My advise would be to avoid race pads for street use.

With the master cylinder question it can get quite pricey when dealing with Brembo. I read up and found that certain years of the R6 and R1's came with Brembo MC stock. So I found a used Brembo MC off an 09 R6 for cheap. Bolted right up and I ran a Speigler Billet reservoir. After that my brakes would bite so hard I switched it up to a shorty lever cause all I needed is 2 fingers to stop

I'm looking into doing this mod to mine, do you have a part number for the spiegler reservoir? and do you by chance have any installed pics? also do you have any clearance issues when turning to full lock?

Well, I ordered the EBC Extreme Pro Brakes. Thanks Justin! I received the braided front lines. Thanks Six! Now, me being the way I am. I wonder should I just do the rear brakes too. " i just like everything the same" any benefits? waste of money? or a good thing.

The rear brake will lock the wheel effortlessly with a ss line.
An Extreme Pro isn't available for the rear, and I'm unsure if any ceramic or carbon pad is.
Either way, with any upgraded pad the rear will lock even easier.
I ride alot of standup wheelies, when trieing to ride very slow ones the rear brake helps. With the ss line I had on my gen2 it made the rear brake too responsive for that(I had to get used to how twitchy it was). It did make it much easier to start a drift though.
For normal riding, with minimal rear brake it's not an issue...unless you're unexperienced in proper braking.
It's so easy to lock the rear up that it could get you in trouble if you don't know how to handle it.
The ss rear line does look better than stock though:laugh: the one I had was free during a sale when I bought the front lines, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.
Stock or ss rear line is fine, they just feel and respond differently. I wouldn't be concerned that any bike did or didn't have either. It's a personal preference.

I'm looking into doing this mod to mine, do you have a part number for the spiegler reservoir? and do you by chance have any installed pics? also do you have any clearance issues when turning to full lock?

No clearance issues @ all, don't have a part# for the reservoir. You can find them on several sites. Just use google... I have pics of the install on my garage page

With the master cylinder question it can get quite pricey when dealing with Brembo. I read up and found that certain years of the R6 and R1's came with Brembo MC stock. So I found a used Brembo MC off an 09 R6 for cheap. Bolted right up and I ran a Speigler Billet reservoir. After that my brakes would bite so hard I switched it up to a shorty lever cause all I needed is 2 fingers to stop

Nevermind my previous post...search button is my friend:)

Back