Braking!!!

Lucky34

Registered
I was just bored and started thinking... What's the most effective braking upgrade you can get? Second? Third? etc... And also, which brands...

I'm thinking out of everything that could affect braking, this is the order:
1 - Steel Braided Brake Lines
2 - Brake Pads
3 - Wave Rotors
4 - Lighter Wheels - CF ? (less weight, faster you stop, right?)

What do you guys think? what would be the upgrade that improves braking the most? The Lines, pads, or rotors? And which are the best brands out there for each?

Braided brake lines and pads would be the best bang for the buck. EBC HH pads and HEL lines is what I have and would recomend. I have wave rotors and Marchesini wheels and didn't really feel too much of an improvement in braking. I did however feel a HUGE increase in handling. I think I would get the Brembo billet 19x20 master cylinder before the rotors if I had to do it again.

Check with Charles at Street N Track he has a group buy going on, great deal and very effective upgrade.

Brake lines then pads. Wave rotors will not add anything unless your racing. They're for heat (AS IN  
firedevil.gif
 HOT) reduction during heavy braking (as in Racing) ! Even the inventor stated that on the street you would see NO difference. But
wink.gif
they do look  
SHOCKED.gif
 GOOOOOOOD !

anyone know if there's any difference between brands of lines? Galfer vs. HEL for example? Or is it really the same thing?

Get some HH pads to start off with. Then change out the lines. Rotors are a nice upgraded, but more for looks for street riding in my opinion. Lighter wheels will help you brake better, as less weight to stop = faster stopping, anyhow break out your credit card, or better yet apply for a new one just for your future upgrades. Once you start, you can't stop.

beerchug.gif

Back