I wanna do brake upgrades: Help me Busa Techs!!

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
Okay guys.
Brake upgrades.
I'm thinking:

Wave Rotors, Pads, and Braided line set-up.

Whats good?

"Please help us Obi-Won Kenobi..... Your our only hope!"

EBC brake pads, Galfer lines. Not too sure on the wave rotors, but the first two are a definite plus.

Just be careful after you put in the braided lines and ceramic pads....a little too much squeeze on the front can yield undesired results.

Brembo has a upgrade kit....it comes with a Master cylinder, Calipers, Rotors, and Brake lines. This is for the front brakes....$1200 and it comes with all the necessary brackets and hardware....it does not come with brake pads
rock.gif

What kind of riding do you plan on doing? If mainly street riding, just invest in a set of HH pads with stainless steel lines.

EBC brake pads, Galfer lines. Not too sure on the wave rotors, but the first two are a definite plus.

Just be careful after you put in the braided lines and ceramic pads....a little too much squeeze on the front can yield undesired results.
+1. Did this to mine for some extra stopping power. Check out <a href="http://www.cyclebrakes.com/index.html">Cycle Brakes<a> for some good prices. They may even beat your discount!
biggrin.gif

I suggest you go for the following -

Wave rotors - EBC
Steel braided liners - HEL
Brake pads - EBC HH

You can also go for the Brembo upgrade it! But keep in mind that some alterations will be required to mount those radial calipers to the busa....

Thats what I'm talking about.
Thanks for the input. Can't beat experience.
Going to be mostly street riding with an occasional track day here and there splashed in for good measure.

I run stainless lines and OEM pads. OEM pads are harder so they aren't as touchy. Stainless lines greatly reduce fading. I too am a street only rider and I have NEVER warped a set of rotors. BTW be sure to step your brake fluid to DOT4.

I know I'm kind of a newbie here but I'm definantly no newbie to modding street bikes so fwiw?....

First one must understand good braking technic...in the old days?..dudes laid a full hand across the lever leading down to the cable operated front drum brakes..and still needed more...these days?....we cam get all the STOPPING POWER we want...and if your pads/lines are real good...to the point that 'you think' they're almost two good?...and you start dewscibinbg them as "Too Touchy"...that just means it's time to start covering the front with one finger instead of two...and...contrary to some thinking displayed here I.... "a good thing"....as...

More braking power means you can shed the speed quicker...meaning you can carry you speed deeper into the curves with confidence knowing that with the pressure of just one finger you can stand the bike on it's nose if ya hafta..and still control it with extremely LINEAR CONTROL...even if that means dropping a finger and covering the brake with one instead of two fingers but in my world there's no such thing as brakes that are "Too Touchy"....as the truth of the matter is it's a good thing and the rider just needs to hone his feel and technic.

That said?...I think as long as your oem rotors are in good shape that wave rotors should be reserved for those competing in CCS and/or WERA events as the typical street rider would be hard pressed to extract or realize any true performance benefits and the money could be put to good use else wheres....so imho Dual SS front Brake-Lines and some good sintered HH pads by EBC or Ferodo will give any street level rider all the power and benefit he may need for general street use...and...hold up better and longer tan aftermarket wave rotors.

L8R, Bill.

cool.gif

I have a question on brakes... I am definitely going up to steel lines and such, but what is the bonus of wave rotors over regular vented rotors?

If you are buying wave rotors for less rotating mass, that is a LOT of money that would be better spent towards aftermarket, lighter rims, which is where you will see the most improvement in less rotating mass. Yes, going with BOTH would net you even more, but I am not convinced the price is warranted for the rotors, personally.

Stock rotors are fine, even for heat dissipation, unless you are serious about going to the track...then you need to worry about it. 99% of the time, on the street, it is not really an issue. Most street riders, even on a spirited jaunt through some twisties don't get them anywhere near to a point where it is an issue. Again, track is a whole other animal.

Most important brake upgrades would be SS lines and aftermarket, good pads, properly bled lines, and properly adjusted levers.
biggrin.gif

Have all three and never looked back..... Why wouldn't you get the full meal deal?
Kind of like buying a turbo and only turning the boost up enough to get 205 H.P.
What's the point......?
smile.gif

First - the Busa comes with the same breaks as the GSXR 750 - more breaking power for more weight makes sense.

I put Galfer Wave rotors, Galfer pads that they reccomended for the wave rotors and Galfer SS lines and it stops much better than the stock set up!

Kent

Guys.
I am going to be doing a track day a month. I am not satisfied with the stopping ability of the current set-up. Yeah - its good.... but It could be better. I am not doing it to shed pounds. Its to know that I am gaining more control with better equipment. It is not money wasted if you utilize the equipment.
That said I believe I know which way I am going to go now.
Thanks for the input guys.

Back