Brake & Clutch master cylinder....

Yo Dave, what make the PVM calipers any better than the stock calipers ?

And if anyone can answer this question please do for the orignator (deldewey) of this thread (sorry for the thread jack).

will the existing Busa brake & Clutch master cylinders fit my Brother in Laws Gixer 1100, and work OK, if so he can have them for a Christmas present.[/Quote]

(Rhythm @ Nov. 07 2006,08:28) Yo Dave, what make the PVM calipers any better than the stock calipers ?

And if anyone can answer this question please do for the orignator (deldewey) of this thread (sorry for the thread jack).

will the existing Busa brake & Clutch master cylinders fit my Brother in Laws Gixer 1100, and work OK, if so he can have them for a Christmas present.
[/Quote]
I see no reason they wouldnt fit. I replaced mine with aftermarket ones, so the Busa ones should work fine.

Rhythm, the AP calipers are 1 piecs monoblock, and they wont flex at all. Plus they have larger tubes inside and flow more fluid, so 1 finger stops are simple.

(clrwtrbusa @ Nov. 07 2006,08:36)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 07 2006,08:28) Yo Dave, what make the PVM calipers any better than the stock calipers ?

will the existing Busa brake & Clutch master cylinders fit my Brother in Laws Gixer 1100, and work OK, if so he can have them for a Christmas present.
I see no reason they wouldnt fit. I replaced mine with aftermarket ones, so the Busa ones should work fine.

Rhythm, the AP calipers are 1 piecs monoblock, and they wont flex at all. Plus they have larger tubes inside and flow more fluid, so 1 finger stops are simple.[/Quote]
For how much they cost, it should stop on a dime and give you change!!

Thanks D

I will take that is a YES they will  
beerchug.gif
 Rhythym (sorry for the thread jack) no problem mate  
super.gif

(deldewey @ Nov. 07 2006,10:07) Get a grown up to show you how to pull the lever, you fairy.........

Is this the way you talk to an old man in the states, where is your respect, Jerry  
jump9.gif

How did you get such strong hands  
tounge.gif
[/Quote]
I am an old man....
I got the Kung-Fu grip from years of practice...............braking!

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 07 2006,09:01)
(deldewey @ Nov. 07 2006,10:07) Get a grown up to show you how to pull the lever, you fairy.........

Is this the way you talk to an old man in the states, where is your respect, Jerry  
jump9.gif

How did you get such strong hands  
tounge.gif
I am an old man....
I got the Kung-Fu grip from years of practice...............braking![/Quote]
OMG..... you didn't say Kung Fu Grip.  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Your age is really showing now.  
tounge.gif

Remember the Red and Blue rock'em sock'em robots with the head that would pop up on knock out ?

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

(Rhythm @ Nov. 07 2006,10:01) Stock or modified, inquiring minds would like to know?  
wink.gif
 And dont hold back on letting us know if your not running a stock system.
Stock. All I have done is switch in the rotors from a 03 Gixxer 6, the carriers are black. One of my rotors was bent from the wreck, I didn't want to go the one front rotor route, so I switched them.

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 07 2006,09:21)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 07 2006,10:01) Stock or modified, inquiring minds would like to know?  
wink.gif
 And dont hold back on letting us know if your not running a stock system.
Stock. All I have done is switch in the rotors from a 03 Gixxer 6, the carriers are black. One of my rotors was bent from the wreck, I didn't want to go the one front rotor route, so I switched them.
And you're getting two finger action just from doing that only. Ok Magilla Gorilla.
tounge.gif

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 07 2006,09:16)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 07 2006,11:07) 2Chae  !  
laugh.gif
What's my daughter got to do with this? Her and her sisters Aquanette and Frolishus ain't done nothin to you......
crazy.gif
You got me on that one,B.
wink.gif

Guys, I'm serious (except about the daughters....LOL), I have always braked with one or two fingers. It's just the way I learned to ride. Very little fluid is actually moved, if your brakes are bled well, you should be able to lock the front up with a couple of fingers.

OK mate, I believe but I am still going to upgrade, now after 12 hours at work going for a beer
beerchug.gif

(deldewey @ Nov. 07 2006,09:flamethrowing:) OK mate, I believe but I am still going to upgrade, now after 12 hours at work going for a beer  
beerchug.gif
U might need somthing with more bite than a beer after 12 hrs or workd.
wink.gif

Not sure, but if you were to put a lighter front rim on it would reduce rotating. Making it easier to stop.
I put ABM's and Carbone Lorraine pads on. I two finger brake always.

Back