clutch master cylinder

I tried a zx14, Nissin one, and it was way too big. Plus it was a 19mm bore. Just didn't work that well. I think it was a late model, 16+ maybe..

AH but with my UBER soft primary clutch springs.....maybe less of a issue
That funny...

I've never really noticed this whole hard "clutch pull" lever thingy.
My basket has 1, maybe 2 extra plates,I think some stronger springs...never noticed any diff from stock.
Rubb.

Something wrong with your stock one? I rebuilt mine with the OEM rebuild kit. $30 works great.

my clutch has sucked for years. lever slightly spongey,
replaced slave 3 times, master once
bike keeps losing fluid, and always, seems to want a leever pump or two to feel better
and fluid seems to keep disappearing
altho I can not seem to find a leak

@202mphbusa

i guess my english is not so well to understand the little differences in what you (and all others) write.

my general recommendation for the gen1 - clutch is:
1. a 15/17 (semi) radial clutch pump (e.g. from the 749/999 ducati + eventually other reservoir etc.)
2. brand new slave - best the one from model ´04 - ´07 / art.-no. 23160-06B11 (it has a dia of 36 mm instead of the older ones with 38 mm)
info : the gen2´s slave has already the 36 dia
3. steel braided hose

with that you get the best handleable clutch you ever felt / used.

no doubt - it moves to a 1 finger & super good doseable clutch.

___________________________________________________________________________________

and if you want to protect (at gen 1 and 2)
a. the seal of the clutch push rod in the crankcase´s wall and
b. the slave´s internal seal (the piston stay clean as new)
against all dirt from chain etc.
try to get a "protector" like shown in following 2 pics

its "looks"

20200524_135739.jpg

mounted

asbs_montiert.jpg

nowhere available in us or elsewhere?

ask me via pers. msg. if perhaps i could send a bigger number (for instance 20 pcs?) in one single package to keep the shipping costs (per part) bearable.
"net" price per set (protector incl. 2 new, longer, allen screws and nuts) = 35.00 €

i guess my english is not so well to understand the little differences in what you (and all others) write.
I think you write in English quite well, Berlin. Sometimes it takes just a little bit of extra thought but that's not a problem. I greatly appreciate that you take the time to write in English for us. You have a lot of excellent info.

I worked in a clothing store in college. I remeber a guy from Germany came in and he didn't speak a word of English. It was a lot of fun doing charades to figure out what he wanted. He left a happy customer...at least I hope so. He looked happy and he got some pants that fit him.

I think you write in English quite well, Berlin. Sometimes it takes just a little bit of extra thought but that's not a problem. I greatly appreciate that you take the time to write in English for us. You have a lot of excellent info.

I worked in a clothing store in college. I remeber a guy from Germany came in and he didn't speak a word of English. It was a lot of fun doing charades to figure out what he wanted. He left a happy customer...at least I hope so. He looked happy and he got some pants that fit him.
Sorry Dude I am totally going to steal the idea and make one for myself. first draft cnc Program written
I have to get a clutch slave and cover to mock it up and test fit on my second motor so I do not have to have my bike apart while I make it :-)

Sorry Dude I am totally going to steal the idea and make one for myself. first draft cnc Program written
I have to get a clutch slave and cover to mock it up and test fit on my second motor so I do not have to have my bike apart while I make it :-)
If you made a few of them, I'll bet people on here would be interested in this as well...

:grim: thread resurrection time!
My stock 2003 clutch MC is loudly creaking with every pull...same sound as rubbing two glass marbles together. Should I rebuild or upgrade?
I see several threads about using Brembo RCS 16 or parts from a Ducati, but both seem to need some level of fabrication to work...

:grim: thread resurrection time!
My stock 2003 clutch MC is loudly creaking with every pull...same sound as rubbing two glass marbles together. Should I rebuild or upgrade?
I see several threads about using Brembo RCS 16 or parts from a Ducati, but both seem to need some level of fabrication to work...

The RCS16 is a wicked upgrade.. So much better feeling. But, yes you need to make up or source some way of getting a engagement switch to work with the MC/Lever

Back