New brake lines and pads, waste of time $$

If you couldn't do a stoppie on stock brakes, I'm going to say YOU can't ride. ???

I also feel like braided lines are hyped up for marketing reasons. Light application and non-track usage will show little to null difference over stock performance.

its not easy to bring the ass end of a busa with stock pads my 1000 all day long with stock pads.

what crappy pads did you install again????:whistle:

there are 35 differant threads of people liking vesrah pads, and motomummy, "a site sponcer" sells these and the braided lines.I thought I would buy both at the same place. Since these are s**t, what do all you experts suggest.

I'm running EBC HH pads. Those, along with braided lines, made a HUGE difference in braking for me.

Busa's come stock with HH pads.

No kidding.

cheers
ken

mnnn...... popcorn....

So if it comes with HH pad, and you guys suggest EBC HH pad, I assume the EBC makes HH pad better than what come on it?

I have put SS lines on many bikes and the two that were most noticeable in improvement were the Hayabusa and BKing. I just cannot believe that massive improvement wasn't immediately noticed.

IMG00047-20100304-0903.jpg

I have put SS lines on many bikes and the two that were most noticeable in improvement were the Hayabusa and BKing. I just cannot believe that massive improvement wasn't immediately noticed.

Stock for stock, the Bkings brakes are much stronger then the Busa. The Bkings setup is what should of come with the Busa.

ok all thats why we have opinions, one can say it makes no difference the other will say big difference, it will depend on the ridding style, if he is not as agressive as someone he will never need or notice the new brakes

Anyone thinking of changing out there pads and adding steel braided lines, dont waste your time, There was no noticable change in braking. I installed spiegler lines and vesrah pads. Not that the brakes suck or anything, its just my old zx14 had super brakes, maybe I need to go to a radial master cylinder.

"I still injoyed working on her all day"

Can disagree more.. think there must be something wrong with the compund youve gone for?

Mine were a MASSIVE improvement

Jza

In my opinion you are all correct. If u tour ride it's not at all easy to tell the difference. But hard riding will really nail it. My advice is do the mod and know that the brakes will work much better for when you may really need them. Better safe than sorry. Just my 2cents!

My bike goes in tomorrow for this very mod. EBC HH sintered pads and braided lines.

And, yes, the B-King has much better brakes than the Bus....why?

Just stupid, Mr. Suzuki....just stupid!

???

My bike goes in tomorrow for this very mod. EBC HH sintered pads and braided lines.

???

Just BE CAREFUL about grabbing a handful, it could put you on your azz really quick. Kinda like the throttle, that stronger it is the better you had be with controlling it...

???

A little bit like the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

If you own both then you should know your B-King has upgraded high performance brakes. It's a new model that Mr. Stupid Suzuki put together for guys like you who are superb riders and has the ability to spank the big girls arse whether it's on the brakes or throttle.

If you schooled yourself before the purchase of your busa, you should also know the brakes on your Gen I busa had no special design. The brakes are directly off the current 750 at the time. Sufficient for the the year 1999 but not great. These brakes were unchanged for nearly a decade.

If you are fortunate enough to own the Gen II then you very well know there is an improvement in the brakes. While not a huge improvement as with your B-King, Mr. Stupid Suzuki upgraded this new generation with calipers and pads directly off the latest GSXR1000. Improvement, yes! Yet not reaching the level of your high performance ABS brakes on your B-King (Designed for the skilled rider like you). Personally, I don't like the ABS brakes for performance riding. Plus, they add considerable weight to the bike!

And yes, Mr. Stupid Suzuki chose to give your stock Busa a softer feel than your B-King for a reason. It gives the novice rider a much better chance of developing his braking skills without a crash. :beerchug:

wow, this makes for very interesting reading. One thing I get from reading this is that everyone has their OWN PERSONAL understanding of "FEEL" and "PERFORMANCE" when it comes to braking.

One thing Im fairly sure of, is that if you give 10 people the exact same setup............ they will all have differing opinions of the feel and performance based on their own knowledge, skills, history, and previous brake setups and current needs.

No-one here is right (except those quoting basic phyics about fluid dynamics). Brake performance is subjective, and based on personal experience. I really like reading both good and bad opinions of wether its worth upgrading the lines (I think its considered an "upgrade" for a reason). It has shown me that we all ride differently and in different conditions, so it makes sense to me that we should all be different in what we think about how changes affect the bike.

If you have been considering changes to your brake components then make your own mind up based on your needs and how the brakes feel to YOU. you are the only one who really knows, and the only one that it really matters to.

If you are happy with your current brakes, then awesome, enjoy them. If you arent, bummer, but change the setup and make them better for you.

At the end of the day its YOU who knows whats best for YOU

Peace out

A little bit like the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

If you are fortunate enough to own the Gen II then you very well know there is an improvement in the brakes. While not a huge improvement as with your B-King, Mr. Stupid Suzuki upgraded this new generation with calipers and pads directly off the latest GSXR1000. Improvement, yes! Yet not reaching the level of your high performance ABS brakes on your B-King (Designed for the skilled rider like you). Personally, I don't like the ABS brakes for performance riding. Plus, they add considerable weight to the bike!

And yes, Mr. Stupid Suzuki chose to give your stock Busa a softer feel than your B-King for a reason. It gives the novice rider a much better chance of developing his braking skills without a crash. :beerchug:

Well, that's an interesting perspective....

Novice riders? On a Busa?

So you are telling me that Suzuki decided to give the King better brakes than the Bus on purpose? Because better riders would be buying the King?

eh?

Why couldn't Suzuki just transfer the King brakes to the Bus on the 2010 model?

This is clearly some Hammamatsu master plan of which I am unaware.

This post did such a great job for Cycle Brakes! I have, on the way, front and rear Orange Galfer lines and HH Sintered pads. Thanks for pushing me over the edge:thumbsup:

novice riders... on Busa's every day. It's a safer bike to start on than a liter bike... IN MY OPINION. I ride my buddy's 09 GixxerK and it's a chore to keep the front end down. And as someone posted earlier in this thread, that K will stoppie very easy!! Not sure why people get flack for picking a Busa as a first bike?!?! But, since we're on the topic of brakes... I'm glad I ran across this thread.. as my K9 is torn apart and I may as well put brakes front and rear.

novice riders... on Busa's every day. It's a safer bike to start on than a liter bike... IN MY OPINION. I ride my buddy's 09 GixxerK and it's a chore to keep the front end down. And as someone posted earlier in this thread, that K will stoppie very easy!! Not sure why people get flack for picking a Busa as a first bike?!?! But, since we're on the topic of brakes... I'm glad I ran across this thread.. as my K9 is torn apart and I may as well put brakes front and rear.

A chore to keep the front end down, eh....

Stoppie very easy....

Yes, keep away from those Gixxers....nasty.

A Busa is clearly much safer.

Back