New brake lines and pads

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday 00BusaTX and I (mostly him) replaced my front brake lines with Goodridge braided lines and pads with EBC HH pads.

My only complaint about the busa was how bad the brakes sucked compared to what was on my FZ1. It's amazing the difference the changes made (along with getting the air out of the lines that was in there from the factory). I took her around the block for a quick test ride and the difference was significant. We are supposed to have some crappy weather for the next couple of days, but I hope to get them bedded in this weekend.

beerchug.gif
Congrats. That is on my list of mods to do. Be sure and give a review after you get more time to bed in the pads.
gotpm.gif

The part that was a real eye opener for me was how much air was in the brake lines. We could not get the mityvac to start a vacuum because of all the air.

I took the bike out for the first real run today and DAYUM. The difference with the new brake lines, pads and properly bled brake system is HUGE. I still need to get them properly bedded but I already feel 100% more confident in the bikes ability to stop.

Definetely a worthwhile upgrade.

Next upgrade: HID

I almost dropped mine the first time out with the HH pads. They bite much harder and need a lot less pressure to stop. Wonderful upgrade!

I gotta do the lines. Already have the pads. Even pads alone was an eye opener!

I got my stuff from VMAN1300 at the Spring Bash.  It was just over $150 for the front and rear pads plus the front brake lines (there was also some shipping in there).

Back