New Brake lines?

FastBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I have read a lot of topics on brake lines and I do understand that a brake line that expands looses power to the brakes just when you need it. But so much is written about it, it sounds like the Busa's brakes are no good. Last year I hit a car after it ran a stop sign. In the 50 feet or so in trying to stop like crazy I locked the rear up and left 30 feet of rubber on the road (police report) also I had to loosen the death grip I had on the front brakes twices because the rear came up! And I am in no way a lite wieght (230lbs) and my tail was pushed all the way back against the hump. So why do these brake lines need to be better?

Brake lines are just one upgrade....
They will give you better feel for whats going on over stock. Plus, all the things you've already mentioned.

Additionally, some of us perfer to use as little finger strength as possible while applying maximum braking power.  When you're agressively cornering, you don't like to have to squeeze the crap out of the brake lever, you'd rather 1 or 2 finger it.  Allows you to be smoother and keep from clinching(be loose).

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137793173 -->

Steel braided lines might not help too much in an absolute panic, but they can help with feel in more normal use.

Besides, most Busa's come stock with a little air in the lines, and a thorough bleeding will help.

And they look great
blush.gif

Main thing is the stock lines will allow the lever to come back to the grip if pulled hard . Very good brakes but if you ride hard and they start to fade , braided lines will give you more lever travel so to speak ... Also helps with other similar problems such as lever travel with worn pads , air in the line etc ...

Nothing sucks worse than the end of the backstraight at Barber with brake fade
smile.gif
 You'll enjoy the extra lever travel if that ever happens .

<!--EDIT|rydfree
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137804208 -->

wave rotors help don't they?
NO, they cool better but only when used hard and alot
hot.gif
as on a race track. On the street, the producers of the wave rotors say you will see NO DIFFERNCE in braking  
beerchug.gif

Steel Lines or Kelvar Lines give better feel and you lose all that mussie feel that rubber lines give
idea.gif

galfer
speigler

lot of others... those are a couple of the top contenders.

Lines- maybe find someone that will let you ride a bike with braided lines, you'll understand then.  Hard to put in words, but easy to understand once you use a set.

I had waves by 'Braking" on last bike.  I didn't care for brake feel with them.  Yes they pulsed when clamped on.  Look cool as hell, but down on performance vs. stock IMO.
I may put a set of 'Galfer' on the Bus.  Better quality I've heard.  They also seem to have more rotor mass vs. the Brakings.

<!--EDIT|hbr-06busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137817841 -->

Bike_Trip_002.jpg

1. less input for the same output.
2. better control.
3. less fade over the years?
Thanks all sound like good advice to me.
cool.gif

I've used these for some time now and they're great.

http://galferusa.com/

Custom fit and colors, vinyl covered braided SS over teflon tubes (lines) make for a much better feel when braking from casual slow downs to hard braking.

wave rotors help don't they?
NO, they cool better but only when used hard and alot
hot.gif
as on a race track. On the street, the producers of the wave rotors say you will see NO DIFFERNCE in braking  
beerchug.gif

Steel Lines or Kelvar Lines give better feel and you lose all that mussie feel that rubber lines give
idea.gif
ok.. you just saved me $600 in wave rotors. I was about to order tonight. I have the braided lines already, including braided clutch line.

Glad I could help !  
beerchug.gif
By the way, I saw the Interview about the Wave Rotors on Speed TV (at some race track - I forget which one) that the Producer of the Waves said he is asked that question all the time about performance on the street. He discribed the wave braking principals and heat properties. Then added, he ALWAYS tell street riders that they will not notice any difference on the street, they just look better (his opinion not mine) !  
tounge.gif

Back