New brake lines and pads, waste of time $$

Those of us with brains know that good brakes don't mean the ones that will lock the wheel at the drop of a lever. Good brakes are the ones with control, consistency and most of all feel. This is not hype, is well proven fact.

I'm sorry your brake job didn't meet your expectation teryx but you are flat unformed about good brakes. What's more important is that inexperienced guys will read this forum and think maybe the brake upgrades are just hype and they should get those chrome mirrors instead.

As Busa's go there are a few mods that are mandatory:

1. Stainless Steel brake lines
2. Better pads at the front
3. HID lights if you night ride (or day ride most say)
4. An air horn (IMHO)
5. Exhaust (not really mandatory, but just look at those stock cannons)

4. An air horn (IMHO)

Mandatory huh? Wow, I've been riding all this time with standard brakes, lights, and horn with absolutely no problem whatsoever. Thank goodness I was lucky enough to read this otherwise I'd never have known!

Sorry it took me so long to carry out your orders, but the mods will be done asap.

You definately forgot the most important step during installation. BLEED THE AIR OUT OF THE NEW LINES!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the exact same setup spiegler lines and vesrah pads i can now do a stoppie on the busa it made a night and day difference maybe u just cant ride.

If you couldn't do a stoppie on stock brakes, I'm going to say YOU can't ride. ???

I also feel like braided lines are hyped up for marketing reasons. Light application and non-track usage will show little to null difference over stock performance.

Those of us with brains know that good brakes don't mean the ones that will lock the wheel at the drop of a lever. Good brakes are the ones with control, consistency and most of all feel. This is not hype, is well proven fact.

I'm sorry your brake job didn't meet your expectation teryx but you are flat unformed about good brakes. What's more important is that inexperienced guys will read this forum and think maybe the brake upgrades are just hype and they should get those chrome mirrors instead.

4. An air horn (IMHO)

I think you have to pay for advertising space on this forum :rofl:

You need to ride an old bike, you're just spoiled. Put 20k miles behind a sealed beam headlight and kz style brakes lol. The busa is a great machine in factory form, there is not "Mandatory" modifications unless you're drag racing then you'll want to modify the clutch hub.

Good brakes are brakes that perform consistently. That means resistence to fade and heat. Most will never push their factory brakes hard enough on the street to notice this. Unless you're pushing your bike on a track, stainless lines and a radial master are just a waste of money. They're just as blingy as "chrome mirrors" imo.

Ahh, one gentelmen with a brain in his head. The rest of you have fun bashing me with your,"percieved" braking prowess from spending your hard earned cash.

Ahh, one gentleman (without a brain in his head?)
who needs to learn to differentiate between two different topics.
A. Is there any improvement in the use of the product,
(or at least why can't I notice any when others do?)
...and B. The comparison with a different unrelated bike.

Amongst my bikes I have a Mk1 Busa with "better" braided lines,
pads and fluid. It still cant outbrake a stock rubber lined B-King
but its sure as hell better than the poor factory issue, then again
perhaps some of us can tell the difference....:whistle:

I think you have to pay for advertising space on this forum :rofl:

You need to ride an old bike, you're just spoiled. Put 20k miles behind a sealed beam headlight and kz style brakes lol. The busa is a great machine in factory form, there is not "Mandatory" modifications unless you're drag racing then you'll want to modify the clutch hub.

Good brakes are brakes that perform consistently. That means resistence to fade and heat. Most will never push their factory brakes hard enough on the street to notice this. Unless you're pushing your bike on a track, stainless lines and a radial master are just a waste of money. They're just as blingy as "chrome mirrors" imo.

if ur just a cruiser that likes to just put put around then the bike is perfect as it is.. but if u ride hard and actually use the busa muscle then the must do mod i would say only thing that is mandatory is to change the brake lines and Powercommander

if ur just a cruiser that likes to just put put around then the bike is perfect as it is.. but if u ride hard and actually use the busa muscle then the must do mod i would say only thing that is mandatory is to change the brake lines and Powercommander

Oh PLEASE!

This bike is better than anyone on this forum, and if you're using all of its muscle on the street, well, all I can say is I hope you rest in peace! I'll stick to anticipating dangerous situations and avoiding them before they happen. It's enabled me to stay riding for over 35 years and, even at 52, I can assure you I do NOT "just put put around."

All you blokes who want to spend a lot of money "upgrading" an already close to perfect bike have at it. It's your money and your bike. But this man changed to braided lines and thought it was a waste of time and money and shared his opinion with us. And because he bruised a few egos who disagree with him he's told he doesn't know how to bleed a line and/or he doesn't know how to ride?

Sheesh!

Braking is a learned skill. It takes practice, lots of practice and usually some coaching in order to master the art of braking. No different than cornering. Lack of braking skills is a common denominator in many, many crashes.

Suzuki intentionally made your busa brakes less agressive in order to be more user friendly and less apt to get the rider into trouble. Suzuki has wisely left the decision of upgrading to the rider. Most would be better served without upgrading the brakes. If you are not well schooled on braking, agressive brakes are not your friend.

Aggressive brakes and touring tires, a real road rash recipe!

Braking is a learned skill. It takes practice, lots of practice and usually some coaching in order to master the art of braking. No different than cornering. Lack of braking skills is a common denominator in many, many crashes.

Suzuki intentionally made your busa brakes less agressive in order to be more user friendly and less apt to get the rider into trouble. Suzuki has wisely left the decision of upgrading to the rider. Most would be better served without upgrading the brakes. If you are not well schooled on braking, agressive brakes are not your friend.

Aggressive brakes and touring tires, a real road rash recipe!
Oh God...yet ANOTHER geezer who just "put puts around."

What the bloody hell do you know?

You can't have brakes that grab too hard. EVERYONE knows that! If you can't upend your bike on its nose using two fingers on the lever at 80mph, well, it's MANDATORY you replace your lines and pads.

You can't have brakes that grab too hard. EVERYONE knows that! If you can't upend your bike on its nose using two fingers on the lever at 80mph, well, it's MANDATORY you replace your lines and pads.

You my friend, have a lot to learn!

EBC HH Pads have impressed me no mater what I ride,
I get pissed when I can not find the HH pads for my KLR...
They are that good..... Hands down the best pads....
Mike

Well looks like you are too set in your old man ways to realize that upgrading the brakes does make a difference. Rubber flexes, braided lines dont. Its not about egos its about fact.

And as for a near perfect bike. The bike may be near perfect for you, but not for many others.

Suzuki intentionally made your busa brakes less agressive in order to be more user friendly and less apt to get the rider into trouble.
What a load of utter bollocks. - Suzuki made the world's fastest bike, and then deliberately put under-powered brakes on it, so that riders "wouldn't get themselves into trouble"?
You voted for Obama, didn't you?

teryx, i would consider the EBC HH sintered pads for a noticeable grip in the front. i have used them both on the gen1 and 2 with very good feedback versus stock pads.

Ahh, one gentelmen with a brain in his head. The rest of you have fun bashing me with your,"percieved" braking prowess from spending your hard earned cash.

Well I'll put it this way. I drag race my 08 and slowing down from a 140+ mph run is ALOT quicker and safer than with stock pads rotors and rubber lines. Last winter I spent the $$ for Galfer wave rotors,stainles lines and Galfer pads. With stock brakes I always had to use the last turn off and now with the Galfer brakes I can slow down quickly enough to use the first turn off.
To further my point me and the bike wiegh 900 pounds and if I can notice a difference in braking performance then just about anyone else should too.
For me it IS worth the $$....

What a load of utter bollocks. - Suzuki made the world's fastest bike, and then deliberately put under-powered brakes on it, so that riders "wouldn't get themselves into trouble"?
You voted for Obama, didn't you?

:rofl: :popcorn:

Back