Brake pads for -08

R1000

Registered
Which brand and type of brake pads provides the best bite and feel on a Busa -08? Anyone tested aftermarket pads and can report significant improvements?

I've replaced the lines and master brake cylinder, but will also change to other pads if this will impove the stock wooden brakes.

I'm using Carbone Lorraine.

They're an upgrade, for certain.

Highly recommended.

I know a lot of people are using the EBC, but different brands and different compounds perform, well, differently.

One thing to learn about is whether the replacement pads are sintered (what percent metal is used in the pad, or if they're completely organic).

Good luck with your decision... :beerchug:

I think if you do a search you will find several people have upgraded the brakes. I used Galfer HH pads lines and wave rotors and the bike is way better than stock.

I've now ordered both brands, i.e. the EBC HH and Brembo SA pads, so I'll notice any significant difference between them later. I have two sets of wheels complete with brake disks and pads for each set.

That much better then stock? Haven't changed mine yet! I have carbon lorraines on the 1000 and love em!

Back