New brake lines and pads, waste of time $$

teryx

Registered
Anyone thinking of changing out there pads and adding steel braided lines, dont waste your time, There was no noticable change in braking. I installed spiegler lines and vesrah pads. Not that the brakes suck or anything, its just my old zx14 had super brakes, maybe I need to go to a radial master cylinder.

"I still injoyed working on her all day"

wow, this has gotta be the first time ive ever heard of someone sayin that upgrading from stock rubber lines to stainless steel is "a waste of time". ???

I can't comment on the braided lines but the EBC pads I have on, definately not a waste of money.I've heard good stuff about radial master cyclinders.

Anyone thinking of changing out there pads and adding steel braided lines, dont waste your time, There was no noticable change in braking. I installed spiegler lines and vesrah pads. Not that the brakes suck or anything, its just my old zx14 had super brakes, maybe I need to go to a radial master cylinder.

Did you smoke something when you rode after putting stainless lines on? They help braking alot... Pads moreso depending on what material pad you get but SS lines make a definite noticeable difference...

I did notice a difference with my Steel Braided lines but I also put on New EBC pads at the same time so who's to say which it was. More than likely both.

i have the exact same setup spiegler lines and vesrah pads i can now do a stoppie on the busa it made a night and day difference maybe u just cant ride.

Me too.

It as a whole new Busa when I went to braided lines. Day & night difference. :thumbsup:

Anyone thinking of changing out there pads and adding steel braided lines, dont waste your time, There was no noticable change in braking.

^^ The last time I read/heard a statement that wrong, it was coming out of Jimmy Carter's mouth.

He said noticable difference. That's relative. So what he is saying is that he has no feeling in his right hand and he probably means he can't feel anything......:rofl:

Seriously, if you didn't feel a difference with the S.S. lines you either shouldn't be on a bike or possibly you didn't bleed the lines properly and they are mushy. Bleed the lines again because you have a problem somewhere.......

^^ The last time I read/heard a statement that wrong, it was coming out of Jimmy Carter's mouth.

Well put. :laugh:

I had Galfer lines and EBC HH pads on my last Busa, and they made a huge difference. Something's wrong with you're setup.

I think hes hitting spice really hard before it becomes illegal jan 24th....

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

I've added steel braided teflon lines, Brembo pads and a Brembo radial master cylinder. The performance of the brakes is now completely different from stock, MUCH better bite and feeling. The braided lines are not the key to better (read more powerful) brakes, you need to have the right pads and a better brake pump.

The real "noticible" feel you will have is the 10-12 feet less stopping distance from 60 mph. The feel will be weather or not you smash into the car you were attempting to avoid. I guess on that basis, aftermarket lines and pads would be less "noticeable" because you would make it home that day.

Anyone thinking of changing out there pads and adding steel braided lines, dont waste your time, There was no noticable change in braking.

I'll file this along with.....

"Radiator Guards are a waste of money"

"modern bikes are too powerful to be used on the road"

"long arm's and fat tyres dont ruin the handling"

"my bike handles better now i've lowered it"

"Mk1 Busa brakes are fine"

"B-King pillion seat's aren't too bad"

"you cant ride fast/for long on a naked bike"

.....and a thousand other Gem's I often see posted......:rofl:

Keep them coming Boys....:thumbsup:

Yeah, no way will you get the stopping power/feelof a 14 with just lines and pads on a busa.

Yeah, no way will you get the stopping power/feelof a 14 with just lines and pads on a busa.

Ahh, one gentelmen with a brain in his head. The rest of you have fun bashing me with your,"percieved" braking prowess from spending your hard earned cash.

Your ZX14 came from the factroy with pretty damn good brakes. Far better than the busa. I'm not surprised you are disappointed.

However, if you noticed no difference with steel lines and HH pads on you busa, you most likely did a poor job of bleeding the system.

Ahh, one gentelmen with a brain in his head. The rest of you have fun bashing me with your,"percieved" braking prowess from spending your hard earned cash.

You're original post stated that upgrading the brakes on a Busa would be a waste. I don't think we're saying that lines and pads would make them as good as the 14, but it's certainly not a waste. Maybe you should get another 14.

Hold on... we dont have a brain because you say upgrading lines and pads on the busa is a waste of money? ??? :lol:

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Back