Radial master cylinders or not?

btucker

Registered
...so I've done braided lines, new fluided pumped up solid, HH EBCs and now have good front brake...but it still takes alot more lever pressure than pretty well anything I've had before. I could be spoiled from my racing bikes brakes, but I'm thinking a radial Master Cylinder is next. What say the braking experts?

B.

a good radial m/c will make a huge difference. I kind of feel this should be the first step vs the last. :thumbsup:

Yes do it! Best brake mod I have done to my busa. If you do it you may have to get longer ss brake lines. I went +2 on the standard dual busa setup. I sold my old ss lines but got another brand new ss brake line set (galfer) that need to sell. Either way nice upgrade. Will need to wire into the stock brake lamp switch wiring. Cut part of lower tripple clamp to make room fir the master cylinder body. I also trimmed down the master cylinder body too. Then you need fluid cup and special brembo hose and clamps. That didnt come with the master cylinder. But again once done....wow!

cool, didn't think of the lines need to be longer, could be why everbody offers the cylinders with a set of new lines.???

Yes do it! Best brake mod I have done to my busa. If you do it you may have to get longer ss brake lines. I went +2 on the standard dual busa setup. I sold my old ss lines but got another brand new ss brake line set (galfer) that need to sell. Either way nice upgrade. Will need to wire into the stock brake lamp switch wiring. Cut part of lower tripple clamp to make room fir the master cylinder body. I also trimmed down the master cylinder body too. Then you need fluid cup and special brembo hose and clamps. That didnt come with the master cylinder. But again once done....wow!

yes, even after you've upgraded pads, calipers, rotors, lines, and fluid the change to a radial m/c will make a noticable improvement. :thumbsup: I sometimes wonder if I would have started with swapping the m/c first if I would have needed to do the rest. Granted the m/c I use has an adjustable ration so I can really dial things in for myself.
so it makes a marked improvement? I don't want to do it if it just barely improves performance. Sounds like its a big improvement.

Last edited:
Hell, maybe thats what I need to do, cuz I've got EBC HH pads, Contour-lite rotors, SS galfers, and I have a MYSTERY lever. Sometimes I have a great lever, and most times it's marginal at best. Don't get me wrong, the bike stops great, I just shouldn't HAVE to have my Pazzo's pushed all the way out to 6 to get lever feel.

...so I've done braided lines, new fluided pumped up solid, HH EBCs and now have good front brake...but it still takes alot more lever pressure than pretty well anything I've had before. I could be spoiled from my racing bikes brakes, but I'm thinking a radial Master Cylinder is next. What say the braking experts?
B.

A radial pump can only apply hydrualic pressure, as the stock unit, so it shouldn't be a big issue. I have superb brakes and a Brembo radial pump. This is great in combination with the red Brembo pads. The cold brake performance was not good enough IMO with EBC HH's even though they were used with the radial pump. The Brembo pads was what tightened it all toghether to feel and work like good breaks on a lighter sportbike. Try the Brembo pads, they are addictive guaranteed.

well that's interesting, its true all my good experience with HH EBCs is on a blazing hot set of brake on the race track. Maybe I need pads that heat quicker because most times I'll grab brake on the street with a cold set of pads. Hmm.
???
A radial pump can only apply hydrualic pressure, as the stock unit, so it shouldn't be a big issue. I have superb brakes and a Brembo radial pump. This is great in combination with the red Brembo pads. The cold brake performance was not good enough IMO with EBC HH's even though they were used with the radial pump. The Brembo pads was what tightened it all toghether to feel and work like good breaks on a lighter sportbike. Try the Brembo pads, they are addictive guaranteed.

Yepp, the EBC's are good for track since they work very well when hot. But on the street it is more important to have superior bite when the brakes are cold, for obvious reasons. BTW, the stock pads are not real good (or bad) in any situation. I'm surprised though Suzuki have chosen pads that are noticeable woody. Perhaps it is to minimize the risk for wheel lock if people panic-brakes when friction is low.

I've had a couple of Mk1 Hayabusa's.
Various pad's, braided lines, quality fluid, all in good condition.

Jumped onto a new B-King with its radial master cylinder and calipers and WOW!!!!!!
even with stock rubber hoses its waaaay better than either of my Busa's were.

I havent tried it, but the one recomended to me was the Brembo 19 RCS.

EDIT: just realised this is in the Mk2 section.
So they dont have radial master cylinders as stock then ?

Last edited:
No all gen 2 busa are like gen 1 busa master cylinders. My brembo 19 rcs really added better feel and power that wasnt there! It feels better then my 09 1k... Both bikes have the same llines and the same pads.... Only difference is the cylinder. Nissin on the 09 1k and brembo on the busa. Now my busa has stopping power very similiar to my 1k! I am a happy braker now on the busa!

Last edited:
Was talking about this last night.

One theory was that the Mk2 Bus could get away with a master cylinder off the shelf
current stock part as it fitted the bike / clip-on bars and helped the budget.
This wasnt really suitable for the B-Kings flatter bar's, ( my Busa master cylinders are at
the wrong angle on Renthals) hense it got a different "radial" master cylinder.

Don't know if that right or wrong but it works well for experienced riders.

On a bit of a side topic, by far the largest number of B-King "off's" seem to be from
locking up / over braking the front end. Seem's REALY good brakes dont suit everyone ?
I dont think there's anything wrong with them, they just need getting used to.

So a B-King has a radial master stock?

I've had a couple of Mk1 Hayabusa's.
Various pad's, braided lines, quality fluid, all in good condition.

Jumped onto a new B-King with its radial master cylinder and calipers and WOW!!!!!!
even with stock rubber hoses its waaaay better than either of my Busa's were.

Back