Wheres that Popcorn bowl ken...???

Sorry....sorry....sorry....

I'm slipping.

:beerchug: :laugh::thumbsup:

cheers
ken

2irukv5jpg.gif

Wow! I am gone for a while and wow!

For me the SS lines were a 3 on my 1 to 10 scale.
Then the pad change was like a 2 maybe a 3 on my 1 to 10 scale.
Both improved feel and more power to the front brakes then I had stock.
However it was still lacking some for me in power to slow her down from 140 mph+!
So, if you want the most noticeable in braking, go to a radial master cylinder... either be it from BREMBO... or a stock 2009 gsxr 1000 radial master cylinder. It was a 8 on my 1 to 10 scale. More power throughout the pull and much smoother when applying the brakes!

This post did such a great job for Cycle Brakes! I have, on the way, front and rear Orange Galfer lines and HH Sintered pads. Thanks for pushing me over the edge:thumbsup:

This thread is pushing me that way too :whistle: What colored lines do you guys think would be best for the stock white '09. Just plain ol' black? :laugh:
Now Warbird has me thinking about getting a gsx 1k's master cylinder... hmmm decisions decisions... Just curious, do you have something to help bleed the brakes or are you going to do it the old fashioned way?

Anyone thinking of changing out there pads and adding steel braided lines, dont waste your time, There was no noticable change in braking. I installed spiegler lines and vesrah pads. Not that the brakes suck or anything, its just my old zx14 had super brakes, maybe I need to go to a radial master cylinder.

"I still injoyed working on her all day"

I sure don't agree with you when you say that the ZX-14 has super brakes. I just sold mine because of a vibration problem that I could never get rid of. I bought new rotors but after 3000miles, the vibrations came back. So now the 14 is gone and a 08 Busa with 0miles on it sits in my garage. It's my fourth Hayabusa and I never had a brake issue with one of them.

It was my first...and last Kawasaki.

By the way, I would never try to get more power with front brakes....somebody cuts you off, you end up locking the wheel and going down. I just ride my bike on the street, stock brakes work just fine. But hey, that's me.

I sure don't agree with you when you say that the ZX-14 has super brakes. I just sold mine because of a vibration problem that I could never get rid of. I bought new rotors but after 3000miles, the vibrations came back. So now the 14 is gone and a 08 Busa with 0miles on it sits in my garage. It's my fourth Hayabusa and I never had a brake issue with one of them.

It was my first...and last Kawasaki.

By the way, I would never try to get more power with front brakes....somebody cuts you off, you end up locking the wheel and going down. I just ride my bike on the street, stock brakes work just fine. But hey, that's me.

Hence, I own a busa now, I do like it more than the zx14, I know with the right driver, they are pretty much the same speed, but the busa just feels more,"animal like" if that is the correct wording, prolly just the ass meter, but its my ass.

This thread is pushing me that way too :whistle: What colored lines do you guys think would be best for the stock white '09. Just plain ol' black? :laugh:
Now Warbird has me thinking about getting a gsx 1k's master cylinder... hmmm decisions decisions... Just curious, do you have something to help bleed the brakes or are you going to do it the old fashioned way?

I went with Clear lines on my white 09', I had CF look ones on my 1K and they faded. Probably cause I live in the Sunshine state.:whistle:
Yes, to the assistance of a small vacuum bleeder pump!!!

I believe on a bike with a few thousand miles behind it, it is crucial to give the new pads a bit of time to wear in properly, before evaluating performance of new lines etc.

I believe on a bike with a few thousand miles behind it, it is crucial to give the new pads a bit of time to wear in properly, before evaluating performance of new lines etc.

Now THAT may be the only bit of advice on this thread worth reading!

From what I heard.... yes the 09 gsxr master cylinder will work. A member on here posted that he did this mod. versus the Brembo radial master cylinder mod. I do not remeber the members name. I went brembo after GixxerHP showed me his bike and let me operate the brakes.... Very smooth feel! I have a 09 Gsxr 1k too and the brembo is slightly nicer in feel!

From what I heard.... yes the 09 gsxr master cylinder will work. A member on here posted that he did this mod. versus the Brembo radial master cylinder mod. I do not remeber the members name. I went brembo after GixxerHP showed me his bike and let me operate the brakes.... Very smooth feel! I have a 09 Gsxr 1k too and the brembo is slightly nicer in feel!

Thanks man!

Just BE CAREFUL about grabbing a handful, it could put you on your azz really quick. Kinda like the throttle, that stronger it is the better you had be with controlling it...

good efficient braking is to allow the contact patch of the tire to inrease the area / footprint by a factor of 10.
good pads and stock lines allow for the bedding of the tire. and hance no off's.

i know several mates on busa the have ended up on the floor with a quick handful , front tire not bedded in, down they go.

stock lines avoid this to a degree, as should be gentle but then progressive hard squeeze will haul your busa pretty damn quick.

that's my 2 penneth. ( i run stock lines but with bendix race pads a nice combination)

Back