Question Rear Brake Rotor

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Damn it ever since i switched to the EBC HH pads my rotor Is turning a goldish purple color which i figure is from heat i dunno maybe its time to upgrade the lines To Braided and get a glafer rotor and hope it helps. Suggestions or comments on why this is happening? Thanks.

Two things..

1) Get rid of the HH pads. Dirty, noisy and just not that great IMO.

2) Insure you (or someone else) did not install the rear spring clip in backwards. If mounted wrong the pad never lifts off the rotor. Sounds to me like the rotor is getting way to hot.

r8

I've ran 2 sets of EBC HH and have never had that problem. But like R8 said, they are dirty and noisy

Does the rear wheel spin freely when the bike is on a stand, it's in neutral and the rear brake is not applied?

cheers
ken

Put the bike on a rear stand, if the rear wheel spins freely there is no problem with the HH pads or the caliper, if not, remove the caliper and check it out.

I've run HH pads on my 06 busa for 28000 miles with no problems at all.

I put the 3rd set on today.

yah i think im gonna try and find a used rotor i mean mine isnt that bad but id rather get something in decent shape or new and try other pads just to see what happends. some galfer or something.

give me a few like 20 mins. im gonna take a pic have to drive to my shop where i keep the bike. brb

man those are georgeous.. what did they run about 800 for the set?
I got a great deal from a board sponsor. I was asked "not" to divulge the price he gave me.

It's been several years and I have kept that promise.
winkold.gif

Leave the back stock. Run these on front. Oh, warranty states Carbon Lorraine Pads only. Enough said.

r8

Back