Rear brake question

(black954 @ Apr. 11 2007,05:35) I believe the R1 has a 2 piston rear caliper vs. the busa's 1 piston. Also, the R1 has roughly 100 less pounds to stop. And, R1's have a Brembo rear master cylinder. All this equals much better braking than the busas unchanged brake technology from 1999.
Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks black, What do galfer rotors have over stock?

After riding 700 miles in the rain yesterday I learned how to use my rear brake more than ever!! The fronts were TOO touchy to even try to use with HH pads in the pouring rain.

I have the EBC pads ss lines and Galfer roter. But I also have Vortex rear sets which seemed to help in the rear brakes. It seemed to change the trrough on the peddle. One of the salesman at the dealership rode my bike and the rear breaks is the first thing he ask about on my bike, that they are so much better then stock.

(Tango1300 @ Apr. 11 2007,12:31) After riding 700 miles in the rain yesterday I learned how to use my rear brake more than ever!!  The fronts were TOO touchy to even try to use with HH pads in the pouring rain.
+1 The 'Busa is one of those bikes that the front brakes are as dangerous as the throttle!

Back