I am going with one front brake rotor...

busabrother

Registered
Which brake pads to get and who sells the cheapest SS Brake lines. I assume i only need one front line and one rear. I hear EBC HH's are the best for the busa. All opinion welcome. Thanks in advance

Which brake pads to get and who sells the cheapest SS Brake lines.  I assume i only need one front line and one rear.  I hear EBC HH's are the best for the busa.  All opinion welcome.  Thanks in advance
just simple math here bro....but yer about to cut yer braking force in half . That sit ok with you ?

If yer just a fuggin' poser like me....you should be ok .

If you ride hard n fast , I personally wouldn't bother.

The Bus is a heavy thang.....friendly warning....

from da Rub . oya, when you rush home from the shop all excited to install yer single line up front , hopefully you wont have forgotten to pick up a shorter banjo bolt for yer master . Most kits will come with a bolt that will be too long for a single line application.

Maybe i'll just stick with switching to stainless steel lines and keeping both rotors becasue I generally use only my front brakes. I need all I can get. Because I don't pose. I RIDE BABY
laugh.gif

Maybe i'll just stick with switching to stainless steel lines and keeping both rotors becasue I generally use only my front brakes.  I need all I can get.  Because I don't pose.  I RIDE BABY  
laugh.gif
atta boy....

only the fronts....me too....

the backs are great for settling her down(trail brakin')

But in a pinch....the backs 'll make ya skid, da fronts... are the shid.

hee hee hee....I just made that up....I think I like it.

ya...I like it .      bigtime.

hav a shmoove one....RSD.

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "spellin' error..."|1077407297 -->

Why go with one rotor? To show off the chrome baby!
laugh.gif
Show off the chrome. Like this one. If you were to look at it from the other side it would look very clean etc. But the way i ride i need all the brake i can get. I am just going to go with the SS braided

trikbusa2.jpg

HH are the best, I ahve them on my 12 with one rotor and it stops better now then it did stock with both rotors. That is a nice looking Busa.

I just put the ebc hh,s on mine today, and I can,t beleive the differance, but I have to agree with RSD keep both roter,s!

I can skid my front tire with 1 brake rotor. If the tire ain't movin, how much more brake do you need?
You can use the stock brake line and reroute it to the other side, use the 1 short banjo bolt that is already on the bike.:42:
No need to buy anything.
If you don't like it, put it back on.
idea.gif

DSC01836.JPG

I was told that I was crazy to take off one of my brakes. Yes, you loose 50% of your front braking power only if you intend to go Mach 1 all the time...I don't and she stops just fine. Here is a pic with Wave Rotor.

Busa4.JPG

Ever consider the concept that one brake rotor wasn't designed to take all the shearing force that two calipers were meant to handle? You may be able to skid the front tire but your brake assembley and fork leg mount may not be able to take it. If all you do is show then cool! Anything else, better have two! IMO

One more thought, you are also no longer distributing  the loading on the front forks equally when braking, I wonder how this will also affect the stress on the fork legs, triple trees and bearings, upper and lower?
rock.gif

I'll bet it's not good.
wink.gif

the backs are great for settling her down(trail brakin')
Trail braking is continuing to use the brakes after you have entered a corner/turn. The ideal is that all braking is done before the bike begins to turn, thus all of the tire traction can be used for cornering grip, and not lost to braking. When you stay on the brakes through the turn, not completing braking before the turn is initiated, that is trail braking - and can be done with either brake, though is probably a lot safer with the rear. Applying the brakes mid corner is not trail braking either - it is only the CONTINUED braking into a corner that is trail braking.

By settleing her down, I assume you are talking of reducing front end dive on hard braking. This is a good thing if you are very aggressive on the brakes, as a little bit of rear brake before the application of the front can prevent significant dive leaving the bike better balanced for a corner.

HEY...why not just remove BOTH rotors, loose all that frontend weight.....
Imagine the wheelies you could do then!

Back