Rear Busa brakes

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Is there a better rear brake slave cylinder or some thing i can pirate from a bigger bike to improve my Busa's rear brakes?
I've got EBC HH pads and Galfer SS lines and it aint cutting it. I'm looking for 600/literbike rear brake stopping power, or is it just the sheer extra weight of the Busa that's gonna make whatever brakes i put on there feel like ass?

Tired of having no rear brake feel.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130090130 -->

i am happy with just the pad change ? made a huge difference?

<!--EDIT|johnstein
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130091390 -->

My '03 would lock the wheel if I pressed hard enough...
rock.gif
I rarely EVER use the rear brake though. Occasionally, but rarely I'll use it to *ever so slightly* scrub a little speed and stabilize the bike in a decreasing radius turn with the bike leaned. I'll also occasionally tap it just enough to show my ridin' bro a brake light when I'm compression braking and he's comin' up fast and maybe hasn't realized that I'm slowing faster than he thinks...

I use it along with slight throttle for extremely low speed maneuvers as well, but none of that stuff requires more than what stock rear brakes could do on the busa or any other bike I've had except the 636. It took a real effort to lock the rear wheel on the 636. When I was pushing things to learn that bike I thought something was wrong with the rear brake, but confirmed that it was working as designed by talking to a few other 636 riders about it. Kawi simply made it weak. Even with a braided line it would be hard to lock the 636's rear brake unintentionally.

Are you maybe relying too heavily on the rear brake for normal stopping and speed scrubbing for corners? I'm just askin', man. Since I have no idea how you ride I have no other way of knowing. It's just unusual to hear anyone say they want more rear brake. Usually the racers are doing things to lighten the clamping force of the rear to keep from locking it. I've read that the perfect rear brake would come just short of locking if you STOOD on the lever with the bike straight up. My busa was much stronger than that stock.
rock.gif

rock.gif

I'm with bullet on this one. Your stock rear brake should work more than adequately. The fronts need some work though.

+3 Paul ... I think that I use the front 90% for my stopping and the rear maybe 10% ... in any case changing the rear pads and adding steel braided lines should make a huge difference.

Yup to what everyone said. My rear brake usage is probably 95/5 and that 5% is only if I'm sitting on an upgrade waiting for a long light. I did put EBC pads and Galfer line on the rear though.

I use the same amount of braking 95/5, but IMO it feels like there's nothing there in the rear. Maybe my rear rotor might be alittle glazed after 13K miles. I think it's time for a waverotor upgrade.

I use the same amount of braking 95/5, but IMO it feels like there's nothing there in the rear. Maybe my rear rotor might be alittle glazed after 13K miles. I think it's time for a waverotor upgrade.
Shoot me a email, will hook you up with everything you need. did your rear brake always feel that way or did you just now notice it? is anything leaking back there?

Back