Anyone ride a zx14 need non biased assesment.

No stock damper on zx but it has a great radial brake and better dash IMO - the Busa is set up better for agressive carving with the zx you lean forward a little less - not quite as aggressive or connected riding position, maybe translates to better comfort the longer you ride.

The clutch is a bit more forgiving but not necessarily better... I really liked the 2008 zx midnight blue paint job! One very sharp stock bike!

My personal opinoin is that $300 extra a year is new stuff that could go on the busa. But then again its up to you, if your gana go for big hp mods say busa if not going for mods pick the one you look best on
Posted via Mobile Device

I say if you want more power. put a turbo on you busa.. You will never be able to replace your busa.. ya the ZX might be cool for a few weeks or months but all busa owners have that special place in there hearts for there Hayabusa's. the choice is your own. me Ide miss having my busa.. everytime ide see one riding the other way ill be missing mine. ide say i use to have one.. and in a few years ide be mad at myself for getting rid of it..
Good luck to you and the choice you have to make :beerchug:

all I will say is if your asking a bunch of people you really dont know on a web site you have your answer do not do it thats in your head. you just want to see if your passing a good deal up and I dont blame you. if you want a faster bike by about 1/2 second if you were racing a professional and you were 1 yourself then the money you would of put into the zx14 on tax and whatever else put it into the busa you have a terrific machine and the aftermarket world loves the busa and makes just about anything you can think of for it, but as you stated its not about speed so I would stay where your at. Just me 2 cent's

I own both. An 07 14 and a 09 Busa. IMHO the 14 is a better overall street bike. Stronger brakes, ergos, and motor is smooth as silk.

Well, finally something I can have some real input on. I have a 2008 Hayabusa with the PCV, Autotune, and Two brothers dual slip-ons. I have a sport touring windscreen and helibars. I have a custom seat that drops my seating area 1.5" inches or so they say. I have aftermarket levers.

My buddy has a 2008 ZX14 with the same mods as mine. He has the risers and a sport touring windscreen also. Muzzy Exhaust, PCV, and Autotune, plus aftermarket air filter.

We have traded bikes several times back to back on various rides. I wouldn't say I have the greatest experience, but have some real seat time.

The ZX14 setup that way is definitely more comfortable to ride. I like how the clutch and the shifter is so smooth and effortless. The throttle just feels so much more smooth in my hand, very light and easy to spin the throttle in hand. His sport touring windscreen is taller and blocks much more wind. His headlights are far superior to the Busa in all aspects. He has much better night traveling lights. However, the ZX14 is hard to turn and couldn't get out of the way of itself and that can make you nervous is fast corners. The suspension is more Cadillac like or sport touring. The digital LCD dash is fantastic and shows MPG and all kinds of trip stuff. His brakes are 10 times better than mine, well not that much, but far superior. I might have to go with a brembo upgrade to get close. I changed rotors and put EBC pads in versus stock and barely noticed anything. If you grab a handful of the ZX14 chompers and you better hang on tight. I had to learn to not pull as hard. So much easier to change the oil and install frame sliders on the 14. That scores major points with me there; you don't have to open any of the fairings for most easy maintenance.

The Busa feels like it has much more bottom end and turns far better, plus the suspension is stiffer and a allows for a more sport car like feel. I like how the fairings stick out further on the Busa and blocks more wind. I prefer the peg location on the busa and feels more secure when hammering down on the throttle. Looks are a tough call, but I love the Orange busa, but I sure do love the 2009 Orange ZX14, but his is the flat black/burgundy with sparkly homo flames. That is probably my least favorite part. I also like the rear seat cowling on the busa and his has some plastic cover and it gets scratched easy.

The two are both nice bikes, but I am glad I went with the busa, but considering selling another bike of mine (600RR) to buy a 2009 ZX14 in Orange/Black. Why not just have both, right?

We have raced several times and it is pretty close, but I am lighter by weight and tend to pull out a little bit by 160.

Kevin

Last edited:
Its your choice man I have rode my friends 14 several times it does feel better and seems faster but in the end I thinI will stick with the Busa :laugh:

Thanks for all the replys
offered him 4500 & my 98 Bandit 1200 & I think he is going to take it.

If he does will wait till spring to sell the busa

have both 06 zx and 03 busa.yes the 14s faster.the stock clutch is way better on the 14,you really need the clutch mod to launch the busa.the 14 has the smoothest running inline 4 i have every driven and the brakes are some of the best in the business.was a little scared of the busas brakes when i first drove.had to pull way harder and still didnt stop as well.comfort is preferance.taller riders like the 14 and smaller riders like the busa.the best thing you can do to the14 is remove the secondary flies.thats the way the bike should have come.and once you get the suspension right and the right set of tires it handles really well.its a newer design should be better,kinda like the gen 2 vs gen1,not alot better but better just the same.

Thanks for all the replys
offered him 4500 & my 98 Bandit 1200 & I think he is going to take it.

If he does will wait till spring to sell the busa

Good for you man, congrats! There's nothing wrong with the 14. Between your Busa and that 14, I would take the 14. When it was time for me to get a bike it came down between a 09 Busa and 14. I chose the Busa. As others have said, it's all about personal choice and what you like.

Ive put around 600mi on my friends Zx14, it was mine for 3 days, I bought it so we wouldnt lose the deal while he sold his zx10, anyway, on day 3 when he showed with the cash, i didnt wanna let it go. IMO a zx14 is a better bike than a Gen1 Busa PLEASE DONT BAN ME!!!

Other than the looks, its just better, great power, smooth handles very well for it size. The banana seat is more comfortable than it appears, tho for 2 up riding, the passenger will slide into you. The brakes were the biggest difference, great stopping power.

Well he said that if he does not get his price my the weekend it's mine.
But here in NJ we are down in the 30's in the morning so it's a buyers market.

Deep down I kind of hope he sells it so I dont have to spend the cash.

Well he said that if he does not get his price my the weekend it's mine.
But here in NJ we are down in the 30's in the morning so it's a buyers market.

Deep down I kind of hope he sells it so I dont have to spend the cash.

Is in the hands of the bike gods now....

As a 06 14 owner these zx14 threads are becoming classics and about as common as what tires or oil do you use.....oh yeah whats a TRE!

The Busa is legendary
The ZX14 is a footnote
The Busa is beautiful
The ZX14 is fugly with spider eyes and george forman grills glued to the sides
The Busa is a modders dream
The ZX14 isn't

Unless you are a pro the performance specs are meaningless so you might as well focus on the comfort factor if you are doing long days in the saddle.

BTW, that salesman that talked a complete noob into a ZX14 needs to be fired or at least have his azz kicked.:moon:

I guess I am asking if the 14 is worth selling my busa for.
Pro's of the 14 that I see
1) its new
2) I think looks more modern then my busa
3) love the color

cons
1) insurance is 600 year vs the 300 the busa costs me.
2) I have to sell the busa (pita factor)
3) I have to go to stupid dmv & pay sales tax
4) My busa already has a pipe & bar risers 14 is all stock
I own an 04 busa and an 06 14 and have owned both since new. The 14 is worlds ahead of the gen1 busa in almost every aspect. Don't let some of the pro busa guys fool you, the 14 will run away from a gen1 busa in the acceleration department. There's a BIG difference that you will MOST definately feel seat of the pants. Stock for stock my 14 made my 04 busa feel slow. And just wait till you mod it lol. When I pulled my flies and piped/pc'd mine it became a monster. Thats just how technology rolls :laugh: And the 14 brakes unbelievably better, and feels lighter sitting on it, as well as rolling. Plus it turns quicker as well. My busa is a little more stable and planted in the corners tho :thumbsup: And the 14 is wayyy more comfy for tall guys. You'd be VERY pleased with the upgrade to the 08 14. It would be a thrilling change of ride coming off your busa. But then so would a gen2 busa.........just not quite as comfy :laugh:

Last edited:
my favorite color for the 14......:beerchug:

2009_3_NinjaZX14_Orange.jpg

Back