Whooped an 08 zx14

djcapita

Registered
with my basically stock 99 busa. He has the limited zx14 black and red totally stock. Mine has a 4-2-1 yosh trs, airbox mod, yosh box tune, and 1 down front sprocket. we ran em from like 80-85mph in third. at 150 I had 3 bikes on him, and basically topped out I had about five. Mine must do at least 185 cause he couldn't catch me on top end. I'm pretty sure I would have kept walkin on him. Anyone else had the same outcome with a zx14? Made me feel good about not oweing a penny on mine and him just spending 12k on his.

When I'm out lurking,........I never see one. I'm sure that day will come,.....and I'll report my confrontation as well. Ride safe,......enjoy that Busa!!
thumb_up.gif

Bet that was fun! You know, maybe we should invite a few of them for a ride someday, somewhere...
race.gif
noemsayin?
ThumbsUp.gif

I dont see any bikes when I am out riding, unless its with my oRg family, never can figure that one out.

with my basically stock 99 busa. He has the limited zx14 black and red totally stock. Mine has a 4-2-1 yosh trs, airbox mod, yosh box tune, and 1 down front sprocket. we ran em from like 80-85mph in third. at 150 I had 3 bikes on him, and basically topped out I had about five. Mine must do at least 185 cause he couldn't catch me on top end. I'm pretty sure I would have kept walkin on him. Anyone else had the same outcome with a zx14? Made me feel good about not oweing a penny on mine and him just spending 12k on his.
VERY NICE MAN.......putem up and shootem down
deadhorse.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

Did you stop and BS with him.. Just so you could rub it in that yours is paid off and 11 years old and still whooped him.

LOL.. Dam To much coffee.
I've used that excuse, too! (never with math, though)
=======================================
Anyway, I find ZX-14 owners must be enormously afraid of us. I wave and acknowledge the few of them I see, but they act like they don't see me (or the 10 other bikes/riders I'm with). I think deep down they feel inferior because they know the 'busa is a far better bike.

hello.gif

LOL.. Dam To much coffee.
I've used that excuse, too!  (never with math, though)
=======================================
Anyway, I find ZX-14 owners must be enormously afraid of us.  I wave and acknowledge the few of them I see, but they act like they don't see me (or the 10 other bikes/riders I'm with).  I think deep down they feel inferior because they know the 'busa is a far better bike.

hello.gif
I agree but why do they buy them anyway?
winkold.gif

Ok.. I've ridden both a ZX-14 as well as my 2005 Busa. I must say given the same mods, the 14 will beat you. It's just a more powerful faster bike. When I hear stories of Gen1 owners beating 14 riders, I can only attribute the win to a tentative 14 owner. Period.

Just my 2 cents on this subject.

Ok.. I've ridden both a ZX-14 as well as my 2005 Busa. I must say given the same mods, the 14 will beat you. It's just a more powerful faster bike. When I hear stories of Gen1 owners beating 14 riders, I can only attribute the win to a tentative 14 owner. Period.

true

I don't know about that. He's the one that dropped gears first. He was wanting to show the ol Busa up. I was expecting to get beat by a little. To my surprise and satisfaction that is not what happened. And by the time he gets an exhaust, PC3 and all the goodies, I should have an RCC stage 1 slapped on her. When I talk to him again we will see what he has to say about the beat down.

Back