Zx14

I would give my opinion on a ZX-14 ride if the stealerships around here weren't such d**kheads about letting people ride one! I was haunting the local shop for 3 months, and when the y finally got one in and I stopped by to ask for a test ride, the guy hits me with "O, there wont be any test rides. You have to buy 1st." (?
rock.gif
??WTF!!!)
I came back with "You really expect someone to buy this bike, that no-one knows anything about, without ever riding one first?" i mean, c'mon!?  Then the jerk got personal "Well, its the biggest motor eve put in a sportbike, and its faster and more powerful than a Busa..." I cut him off right there "Hold it! I got a Busa sitn outside RIGHT NOW-if you have ANYBODY in this shop that thinks they can beat me in the 1/4mi, or flatout-I got the slip to my bike, we can race right now, this afternoon, WHATEVER. I wanna race one of these 14s for pinkslips. THEN you can sit here and tell me what you HEARD from some watered-down magazine that has a ton of Kawasaki ads in it about the Busa getn beat by a 14."

The guy pretty much shut up at that point. "Well, I cant just give the bike to someone here to ride..."  I wrote my name and phone # on the back of one of the a**hole's business cards, and handed it to him. "If ANYONE comes in here and buys one of these and wants to lose their bike-tell'em to call me and I'll take their slow-azz POS." Then  I went to the parking lot, fired up the KING, and left'em with a nice cloud of smoke.

a buddy of mine is seriously considering buying a new ZX-14 next year...probably cuz I SMOKED his butt on his '00 ZX-12R
biggrin.gif
 But if he does, I'll be posting up pics n vids of me, as I Layeth The Smacketh Down on his candy Azz...AGAIN!!
LMFAO - Oh man, this post made my day. I needed a good read, damnnn BigD...Hats off to ya bro !

beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

laugh.gif

I would give my opinion on a ZX-14 ride if the stealerships around here weren't such d**kheads about letting people ride one! I was haunting the local shop for 3 months, and when the y finally got one in and I stopped by to ask for a test ride, the guy hits me with "O, there wont be any test rides. You have to buy 1st." (?
rock.gif
??WTF!!!)
I came back with "You really expect someone to buy this bike, that no-one knows anything about, without ever riding one first?" i mean, c'mon!?  Then the jerk got personal "Well, its the biggest motor eve put in a sportbike, and its faster and more powerful than a Busa..." I cut him off right there "Hold it! I got a Busa sitn outside RIGHT NOW-if you have ANYBODY in this shop that thinks they can beat me in the 1/4mi, or flatout-I got the slip to my bike, we can race right now, this afternoon, WHATEVER. I wanna race one of these 14s for pinkslips. THEN you can sit here and tell me what you HEARD from some watered-down magazine that has a ton of Kawasaki ads in it about the Busa getn beat by a 14."

The guy pretty much shut up at that point. "Well, I cant just give the bike to someone here to ride..."  I wrote my name and phone # on the back of one of the a**hole's business cards, and handed it to him. "If ANYONE comes in here and buys one of these and wants to lose their bike-tell'em to call me and I'll take their slow-azz POS." Then  I went to the parking lot, fired up the KING, and left'em with a nice cloud of smoke.

a buddy of mine is seriously considering buying a new ZX-14 next year...probably cuz I SMOKED his butt on his '00 ZX-12R
biggrin.gif
 But if he does, I'll be posting up pics n vids of me, as I Layeth The Smacketh Down on his candy Azz...AGAIN!!
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that cracked me up!!! wished i could of been there to see it......
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Glad you guys have the same feelings as we do.............You dont just ride a busa...you bond with it.

Would like to say,and having owning two Busas,both top notch bikes.And now a 14(my First Kawisucky:).My honest opinon I like the 14 better.Not saying its a better bike,But I like it better for me,when I ride both bike Back to Back.Power is a moot point,becousr they are both so stupid fast.Looks Well all in the eye of the Beholder.I know the busas lines are are really clean.Just thought I would chime in,so much hate for the fourteen ride what you got and be happy.Cheers....

glad I gave you fellas a good chuckle-I really seriously wanted to ride one to see for myself what the hype was all about, but EVERY experience I have had with kawai dealers and even bike owners, has been so negative that I will stop at nothing now to slam home the point that they all W-R-O-N-G!!! I researchd the pi55 outa bike mags and did searches to find THE most powerful bike that was available when I went shopping in '05 for my bike, and already mapped out some power mods that would put me even further out in front; ahead of the "stock" versions of my particular bike.
If any goof on the streets here in Milw will ever agree to a race here, Im down. I wana run heads-up with a real street-bike, and if the rider is better-o well at least I'll have some footage of me trying to take down the wanna-be bike built by kawasaki that wishes it had the same giant following that stays faithful to the king on the throne-the Busa.
IT IS STILL THE FASTEST BIKE EVER BUILT!!!
and I'll keep sreaming that at every jerk who wants to try an prove otherwise.

Stock ZX-14 beats the stock Hayabusa. Don't know why'd you think otherwise. A tuned Hayabusa like yours would beat a ZX...but modifications are in a different class. Peace.

Stock ZX-14 beats the stock Hayabusa.  Don't know why'd you think otherwise.  A tuned Hayabusa like yours would beat a ZX...but modifications are in a different class.  Peace.
beats it where??? FYI every test we have been presented with so far indicates that with SAME rider on both bikes, only tenths of second difference in 1/4mi. times...if the Kaw makes SOOOO much more hp, AND weighs less...shouldnt it blow the Busa out of the water?

yes my bike is tuned-but I've only had it 2 years, and ridden maybe 10k on it-Im a good rider, but I know a few who are better...and they can hang with me on freeway rides with Litre bikes till about 140-150mph...then the muscle starts to take over. Point im making here is riders can negate a .5 sec difference with ease on a lesser bike, if they are more skilled than the other guy on the "supposedly" more powerful machine.
(but yes-my mods do put my bike in a diff. class-the I WILL SPANK EVERY KAWASKI I CAN class)

If you go out n buy yourself a '99 busa....thats a SEVEN YEAR OLD BIKE-you can get on any road in the US of A, and just straight run outa sight on a ZX-14...so much for advancements in technology
tounge.gif

I truly hope, at some point, Kawasaki DOES make a bike with that much more power, that outperforms all the others out here...but when all they do is move the "Bar" an inch up the pole?
rock.gif
that dont mean shid 2 me.

Boy BigDiesel, it's too bad there aren't more experts like you. After riding a Busa for 2 years, you talk like you know everything about motorcycles. It's better to be humble to start out with than to get humbled when you least expect it
wink.gif

Boy BigDiesel, it's too bad there aren't more experts like you. After riding a Busa for 2 years, you talk like you know everything about motorcycles. It's better to be humble to start out with than to get humbled when you least expect it
wink.gif
lets not break up the fun with all this realism crap.

raising the bar by 1 inch is about 1 - 2 tenths with equal riders...

It's like you expected it to come out and run in the 8's or something before you'd take notice.

personally... i'm glad I never worried about that whole fastest quickest crap when I bought.. and haven't since.

Look at some articles. Stock verses stock, there is a difference and it gets larger over the course of the test. 0-60 mph times are close, 0-100 mph times a spreading out and 0-180 mph times are quite a distance. Not to mention 1/4 mile times are not so close and the trap speeds are apart by over 5mph. I love the Hayabusa, I'm not knocking it, but I can admit when it gets beat, stock. Peace.

Look at some articles.  Stock verses stock, there is a difference and it gets larger over the course of the test.  0-60 mph times are close, 0-100 mph times a spreading out and 0-180 mph times are quite a distance.  Not to mention 1/4 mile times are not so close and the trap speeds are apart by over 5mph.  I love the Hayabusa, I'm not knocking it, but I can admit when it gets beat, stock.  Peace.
What? Exactly where are these numbers and what are they?

wink.gif
never claimed to be an "expert" brah-I dont get a paycheck from anybody for givn my opinion on bikes.

n after 2 years (and over 10k miles) on my busa-i know quite a bit about Hayabusas-learned alot of it from this very site which is why i joined up this year.

Im not a d**k man, seems thats the way you're taking my statements-i'd suggest you consult a few members who been here a while n let them keep u from eating that last sentence.

I have read every article i can get my hands on dude-n nothing out there tells me the ZX-14 is THE NEW KING as all these pumped-up titles keep suggesting...its just irritating that Kawi uses so much hype to sell their products. Look at comparisons of the new litre-bikes...all within a few tenths in lap times on tracks, 1/4 mi runs, braking etc...the Busa/ZX-14 contest is the same, but folks keep trying to tell me "Oh, i just saw there's this new bike out that will SQUASH your bike, blah blah blah, verbal diarrea, blah..." because they just blindly BELIEVE everything that is written. I tried to go about conducting my own 'test' of the two brands but??!! The a**hole salesman was so full of himself and his crappy bikes that I couldnt even roll one out into the parking lot! and i did visit another store hoping for a better response, but again "No riding unless you buy it" shid...so please excuse me for voicing my opinion and experiences with Kawasaki dealers and their bikes in my neck on the woods. Maybe I should move to Winnithepooh, or wherever you're from.

I don't think the smack shack is open. BigDiesel voiced his opinion and I voiced mine. The way he was talking, he can beat any 14 without ever racing one. Stock for stock, same rider, the 14's faster. Piped and geared 14, piped and geared Busa, 2 good riders - the 14's faster. Why can't some people accept that? I'm not questioning BigDiesel's riding ability, either. He might be one heck of a good rider. But, as is true in life, anyone can be beaten. Just because a dealership won't let you ride a 14, that doesn't mean the 14 is a lousy bike. Don't condemn the bike because of the dealership.
Well, it's getting late. It's back to winnithepooh land for me.
Goodnight boys
cool.gif

I don't think the smack shack is open. BigDiesel voiced his opinion and I voiced mine. The way he was talking, he can beat any 14 without ever racing one. Stock for stock, same rider, the 14's faster.
That depends on which article you believe.

CLICK ME!!!
Mind you, that came from a 14 board.

Also, Cycle World derestricted both bikes. The 14 ran 188.3 while the Busa ran 188.9. The 14 might be quicker on some roll-on tests and some 1/4 mile runs, but there is a difference between being quicker (acceleration) and being faster (top-speed).

Fact is, both bikes are restricted. Anyone who buys either bike and removes the restriction is obviously looking for more speed. That is when pipes, cams, stacks, NoS, turboes, borings, porting & polishing, etc. come into play. At that point, every comparison done in any magazine can be thrown out of the window. Because at that point it becomes "is THIS 14 faster the THAT Busa".

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156045152 -->

I'm not questioning BigDiesel's riding ability, either. He might be one heck of a good rider. Just because a dealership won't let you ride a 14, that doesn't mean the 14 is a lousy bike. Don't condemn the bike because of the dealership.
Well, it's getting late. It's back to winnithepooh land for me.
Goodnight boys
cool.gif
oh bother! you misstook me again!
the only reason I hate 14s is because their Kawasakis- not the scummy dealerships. I expected such an experience would ensue. And the 14 is a lousy bike-for what I keep hearing its supposed to be. That thing only does one thing slightly better than a Busa-and that is accelerate (but it has been noted that there is a "flatspot" in the accel.-so still not really 'better' to some) and then only to a point. I would love to run heads-up with a de-restr. 14 and go flat-out, and really see what kind of power that big plastic piece of crap can porduce. Problem is the only way I ever see that happening for me is if my friend sells his 12R to get the 14...and he doesnt look like he wants to sell-and he RODE the 14 already too.

k, Im off to winnithepoohland with Kat18...and apparently mokaw too...guess he wanted to move here to be cool like us
face7.gif

.... and to think I was gonna let you ride my bike.... dizzam! hehe!!!
wink.gif
cool.gif

Back