Whooped an 08 zx14

LOL, It's just an ego thang. Love readin' these threads though, like tic tac toe ain't know one ever gonna win.
guns.gif

As for me, I wouldn't buy the ZX 14 even if it did out perform the Busa significantly. It dosen't appeal to me cosmeticly.

I was looking for smaller bikes, saw the Busa and changed my mind. The ZX 14 was there too but, I didn't even bother throwin' a leg over it. First, is the George Foreman Grills on the sides, second is the color schemes. But that's just my eye. No doubt there's a Kawa guy out there that thinks the same of the Busa.

Bottom line is, it's great to have the choice.
beerchug.gif

One of the attractions towards the Hayabusa for many is the reputation and respect that comes with just the name. No other bike will ever be able to top that!!!

One of the attractions towards the Hayabusa for many is the reputation and respect that comes with just the name. No other bike will ever be able to top that!!!
This, unfortunately, is true. If it were strictly just about the ride and the joy of riding instead of wanting the king of the hill bike than it wouldnt matter what any one rode.

These bikes are more similar than different but it would suck if everyone had the same bike.

Noticed how that controversy has died down now? There aren't as many trolls on the board with crazy Kaw stories about ZX-14's beating Busas anymore either. The 08 Haybusa came out and the ZX riders were like wait til the 08 Zx-14 comes out it's going to own the 08 Busa....Well ? What happened?
Well what happened is i'm still kicking the crap out of them .. The 08 busa is no faster than the 06 07 zx14 and that has been proven over and over at the drag strip by pro riders ..Yes and the Busa trolls have stopped coming to the zx14s sites because they have nothing for the zx14 ...Fact is members  that had zx14 and traded them for 08 busa have said > They can't go any faster on there new Busa mod for mod Vs the zx14 ..
 As for the 08 zx14 it is down on HP over the 06 07 zx14 in stock form but with a pipe and P/C it is just as fast as the older model ...If you look in AMA Prostrar Super sport class  the zx14 is faster than the busa . The zx14 out of the box is just a better drag bike ( easier to ride ) The 08 busas in Super Sport class are running 9.20 to 9.30s while the zx14s are running 9.0s to 9.10s .. So go ahead and sell yourself the dream that your Busa is faster than the zx14 ... Fact is they are so close it's all rider  just like the liter bikes ..
Now if we could just get those pesky ZX-14 trolls out of the Busa forum, all would be great !!!

ThumbsUp.gif
Funny calling me a troll when i have been a member longer than you ..
lol1.gif

ThumbsUp.gif
FUNNY........in your first post you said the 08 busa was still getting beat by the more powerfull zx14, in this post you just totally back tracked with PROOF!!!
rofl.gif
face7.gif
.......... uh what bike went faster @ maxton..BUSA.... uh what bike made more hp @ brocks dyno(you know the SAME dyno your 14 was on) thats right BUSA!!!!! So now how are you still "kiicking the crap out of them"?
corner2.png
deadhorse.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

with my basically stock 99 busa. He has the limited zx14 black and red totally stock. Mine has a 4-2-1 yosh trs, airbox mod, yosh box tune, and 1 down front sprocket. we ran em from like 80-85mph in third. at 150 I had 3 bikes on him, and basically topped out I had about five. Mine must do at least 185 cause he couldn't catch me on top end. I'm pretty sure I would have kept walkin on him. Anyone else had the same outcome with a zx14? Made me feel good about not oweing a penny on mine and him just spending 12k on his.
I own both bikes so I have a similair encounter every time I ride
winkold.gif
laugh.gif
My bikes are both modded the same, and I've owned them both from new and stock. The 14 was noticeably quicker than the busa stock for stock, and with the same mods the 14 is alot quicker than the busa now. 14's seem to respond VERY well to mods. I could see a well modded, geared, healthy running first gen busa give a stock 08 14 a good run
winkold.gif
But if the 14 has any mods watch out.....they REALLY come alive with basic bolt-ons. Especially the 06-07s
wowold.gif
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

with my basically stock 99 busa. He has the limited zx14 black and red totally stock. Mine has a 4-2-1 yosh trs, airbox mod, yosh box tune, and 1 down front sprocket. we ran em from like 80-85mph in third. at 150 I had 3 bikes on him, and basically topped out I had about five. Mine must do at least 185 cause he couldn't catch me on top end. I'm pretty sure I would have kept walkin on him. Anyone else had the same outcome with a zx14? Made me feel good about not oweing a penny on mine and him just spending 12k on his.
I know you are excited about such a victory but if you indeed are on a stock 99 busa you will have dificulty spankin a ZX12. The ZX14 will give the 08 busa all it wants. Put a decent rider on the 14 and I'm afraid you'll get your bum spanked like a little school girl.

I'm no fan of the 14 but they are blazing fast!

Noticed how that controversy has died down now? There aren't as many trolls on the board with crazy Kaw stories about ZX-14's beating Busas anymore either. The 08 Haybusa came out and the ZX riders were like wait til the 08 Zx-14 comes out it's going to own the 08 Busa....Well ? What happened?
Well what happened is i'm still kicking the crap out of them .. The 08 busa is no faster than the 06 07 zx14 and that has been proven over and over at the drag strip by pro riders ..Yes and the Busa trolls have stopped coming to the zx14s sites because they have nothing for the zx14 ...Fact is members  that had zx14 and traded them for 08 busa have said > They can't go any faster on there new Busa mod for mod Vs the zx14 ..
 As for the 08 zx14 it is down on HP over the 06 07 zx14 in stock form but with a pipe and P/C it is just as fast as the older model ...If you look in AMA Prostrar Super sport class  the zx14 is faster than the busa . The zx14 out of the box is just a better drag bike ( easier to ride ) The 08 busas in Super Sport class are running 9.20 to 9.30s while the zx14s are running 9.0s to 9.10s .. So go ahead and sell yourself the dream that your Busa is faster than the zx14 ... Fact is they are so close it's all rider  just like the liter bikes ..
Now if we could just get those pesky ZX-14 trolls out of the Busa forum, all would be great !!!

ThumbsUp.gif
Funny calling me a troll when i have been a member longer than you ..
lol1.gif

ThumbsUp.gif
FUNNY........in your first post you said the 08 busa was still getting beat by the more powerfull zx14, in this post you just totally back tracked with PROOF!!!
rofl.gif

face7.gif
.......... uh what bike went faster @ maxton..BUSA.... uh what bike made more hp @ brocks dyno(you know the SAME dyno your 14 was on) thats right  BUSA!!!!! So now how are you still "kiicking the crap out of them"?
corner2.png

deadhorse.gif
If you read it I said I was kicking the crap out of the 08 busas on MY zx14 . The bikes are close in power so it comes down to  >>> rider skills .. I give the edge to the zx14 in drag racing because the clutch is way more user friendy than the busa even if the Busa has the clutch mod done ..Brocks zx14 and his 08 Busa were riden at Maxton by pros that hold just about every record in the book ..The zx14  went 200 in 06  and the 08 busa went 201 on 08 ..If both bikes had run at the same time and same rider the outcome may have been different.. Wind, Temp, weight and rider skills all come into play ..
As for brocks dyno numbers the 06 zx14 was done in 06 in the summer ..The 08 busa was done 08 in the winter , so just like the Maxton they were done at different times with different Temps and Humdity ... If done the same day the outcome may have been different ..

ThumbsUp.gif

I know you are excited about such a victory but if you indeed are on a stock 99 busa you will have dificulty spankin a ZX12. The ZX14 will give the 08 busa all it wants. Put a decent rider on the 14 and I'm afraid you'll get your bum spanked like a little school girl.

I'm no fan of the 14 but they are blazing fast!
Yeah who knows, maybe he only dropped to fourth when I went to third. But if your wanting to race me you better give her everything you got. I could have even went to second at that speed. You have to love that about these beasts. On my R6 shes gutless under 10500. 10 lbs of boost will take care of all my xz-14 encounters. Coming to busa near me!

Ok.. I've ridden both a ZX-14 as well as my 2005 Busa. I must say given the same mods, the 14 will beat you. It's just a more powerful faster bike. When I hear stories of Gen1 owners beating 14 riders, I can only attribute the win to a tentative 14 owner. Period.

Just my 2 cents on this subject.
Yeah but the bottom line is a win is a win.

People will argue all day which is a faster bike.

My personal opinion is both bikes are powerful bikes, I think they are somewhat equal in power.

But comparing the Busa to the 14, I think at speeds below 160 (Just a guess) the rider is more important.

However, after 160 I think the deteriming factor switches from the riders ability and starts to lean towards the design of the bike.

Even if the 14 is more powerfull, it isnt THAT much more powerfull. What is important at speeds above 160 is the aerodynamics.

The faster you go, the more aerodynamics becomes important. The less aerodynamic a vehicle is the more power it takes to push it at the same speeds as a more aerodynamic vehicle.

I believe this is where the busa will almost always walk away from a 14 given same mods and same rider. at 180 miles per hour the 14 would require more of a power advantage over the busa than it can produce.

Just my thoughts, they might not be accurate but they are my thoughts just the same
smile.gif
The aerodynamics are not much of factor ... Just look at what Brock did at Maxton mile with the 08 busa and the 06 zx14 ... 2006 zx14 went 200 and the 08 Busa went 201 .. That shows you how very close in power and aerodynamics really are ..Both bikes made within 3 HP of each other on Brocks own Dyno .. What can not be factored in on the Dyno is the Ram air, while the 08 Busa posted a bit more HP on the dyno it doesn't have a good ram air system ..The zx14 on the other hand has a very good ram air system and pick ups a few more HP at High MPH over the Busa . In the end they both end up making about the same HP as shown at Maxton Mile ..
Come on, Kawasaki got their RAM Air system from Suzuki, everyone knows that. Don't fight so much that you get sloppy in your argument, you were doing pretty good up until this point.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
1300hemibusa @ Aug. 02 2008 said:
1493077[/ATTACH] PM]
Ok.. I've ridden both a ZX-14 as well as my 2005 Busa. I must say given the same mods, the 14 will beat you. It's just a more powerful faster bike. When I hear stories of Gen1 owners beating 14 riders, I can only attribute the win to a tentative 14 owner. Period.

Just my 2 cents on this subject.
Yeah but the bottom line is a win is a win.

People will argue all day which is a faster bike.

My personal opinion is both bikes are powerful bikes, I think they are somewhat equal in power.

But comparing the Busa to the 14, I think at speeds below 160 (Just a guess) the rider is more important.

However, after 160 I think the deteriming factor switches from the riders ability and starts to lean towards the design of the bike.

Even if the 14 is more powerfull, it isnt THAT much more powerfull. What is important at speeds above 160 is the aerodynamics.

The faster you go, the more aerodynamics becomes important. The less aerodynamic a vehicle is the more power it takes to push it at the same speeds as a more aerodynamic vehicle.

I believe this is where the busa will almost always walk away from a 14 given same mods and same rider. at 180 miles per hour the 14 would require more of a power advantage over the busa than it can produce.

Just my thoughts, they might not be accurate but they are my thoughts just the same
smile.gif
The aerodynamics are not much of factor ... Just look at what Brock did at Maxton mile with the 08 busa and the 06 zx14 ... 2006 zx14 went 200 and the 08 Busa went 201 .. That shows you how very close in power and aerodynamics really are ..Both bikes made within 3 HP of each other on Brocks own Dyno .. What can not be factored in on the Dyno is the Ram air, while the 08 Busa posted a bit more HP on the dyno it doesn't have a good ram air system ..The zx14 on the other hand has a very good ram air system and pick ups a few more HP at High MPH over the Busa . In the end they both end up making about the same HP as shown at Maxton Mile ..
Come on, Kawasaki got their RAM Air system from Suzuki, everyone knows that. Don't fight so much that you get sloppy in your argument, you were doing pretty good up until this point.
Ram Air First appeared on Kawasaki's ZX-11 model in 1992 ... So who copied who..

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Internet racing and internet horsepower wars ... silly isn't it. Put your money where your mouth is and challenge someone at the track with same / similar mods ... film it and post it up ...

Both bikes are great performers and I would love to have either one. Fact is the Busa is the living legend and the other ... well, a great performing challenger that deserves some respect. Busa is still King though.

Ride safe and take it to the track ...

"AND" the better you boys and girls are riding....the better the machine looks to everyone else...YES
rock.gif
??.......... Now get out there, ride AWESOME and "represent" da' O-R-G....and if you get into a street-fight....ride well, keep it TIGHT, and if you win....take it in stride, and if you lose, take it in grace.....just finish the race and make it home safe (My gawd, I sound like Capn')...know-what-I-mean
rock.gif
?...well actually the Spud would just like to see the machine home safe......
super.gif
That goes for the ZX pilots too.....
coolold.gif

rock.gif

I'm no fan of the 14 but they are blazing fast![/quote]
COME ON MAN.......a zx12r you are pussing it now!!!!!!
all_coholic.gif
 I owned a 2001 zx12r so take it from someone that knows, our whole group here had busas and 12's......and every weekend was spent street racing or at the track......AND LETS JUST SAY(ME INCLUDED)THERE WAS ALWAYS ALOT OF PISSED OFF KAW BOYS
deadhorse.gif
. I have aways been a die hard kawi fan, I LOVED MY ZX12R, but the fact is with the clutch problems, almost impossible to work on do to frame design(same as your almighty zx14r), the busa always kicked our ass mod for mod! NOW as far as the 14r(any year) vrs "08" BUSA  
rofl.gif
NO WAY CAN IT HANG......sorry to burst your bubble, as mine was when they releast that UGLY UGLY MOTOCYCLE, as mentioned earlier i love kawi, and was
please.gif
when i first heard of the 14 being released they wouldn't turn it into a touring bike, but they did just that, and as much as i still tried to love it.......THERES NO WAY I CAN GET PAST THE LOOKS
face7.gif
........not to mention for a factory intended  drag bike, its A PAIN IN THE AZZ TO WORK ON/MODS do to that shitty FRAME design!!!!
My riding buddy owns and rides a 06 zx14r, geared one down in the front, two bro's 4-2-2(no pc3 though) vrs my "BONE" STOCK 08 BUSA: 1/4mile i beatem damn near every time by a 1/2-1 bike lengh(granted im prob a "little" better drag racer than he is but not much)......from a 3rd gear roll on, he jumps me from the get go about a bike n ahalf by the time 150-170mph rolls around, im ahead by half a bike!!!!!!! EACH TO THERE OWN, BUT THE 2008 HAYABUSA IS THE ULTIMATE HYPER BIKE OUT it just does everything a little better!!!! maybe not by a land slide but regardless it does. I know what all you kawi boys are going through as i didnt want to believe it either, untill i through a leg over the busa.....its like that old sayings goes "IF YOU CANT BEATEM? JOINEM!".......just my
2cents.gif

Back