Zx14

i don' wanna anyway dewd-its TOO S-L-O-W!!!!!
tounge.gif

I'm not questioning BigDiesel's riding ability, either. He might be one heck of a good rider.  Just because a dealership won't let you ride a 14, that doesn't mean the 14 is a lousy bike. Don't condemn the bike because of the dealership.
Well, it's getting late. It's back to winnithepooh land for me.
Goodnight boys
cool.gif
oh bother! you misstook me again!
the only reason I hate 14s is because their Kawasakis- not the scummy dealerships. I expected such an experience would ensue. And the 14 is a lousy bike-for what I keep hearing its supposed to be. That thing only does one thing slightly better than a Busa-and that is accelerate (but it has been noted that there is a "flatspot" in the accel.-so still not really 'better' to some) and then only to a point. I would love to run heads-up with a de-restr. 14 and go flat-out, and really see what kind of power that big plastic piece of crap can porduce. Problem is the only way I ever see that happening for me is if my friend sells his 12R to get the 14...and he doesnt look like he wants to sell-and he RODE the 14 already too.

k, Im off to winnithepoohland with Kat18...and apparently mokaw too...guess he wanted to move here to be cool like us  
face7.gif
Good morning boys. I hope you all slept real good.
BigD, I sure wish we'd live closer to each other. I've got a 12R and a 14 and I'd love to race you with either bike. I thiink it'd be fun. I'd start out with the 14, which is completly stock, and then the 12. I don't think you'd beat the 12.
Have a good day riding.

I guess you guys are talking about drag racing. Straightline acceleration is fun, but it's the twisties that I crave. My Busa fits me so well that staying with smaller bikes in the turns is a blast....absolutely addicting...that's where the fun is, IMHO
smile.gif

I've got a 12R and a 14 and I'd love to race you with either bike. I thiink it'd be fun. I'd start out with the 14, which is completly stock, and then the 12. I don't think you'd beat the 12.
Have a good day riding.
i'd have a great day riding brah-if my bike weren't broke
sad.gif

but once it is fixed, I'll be down to race some nice Foreman Grillers-can I bring some Mahi-Mahi or Ahi Tuna filets? mebbe some asparagus n broccoli? I get hungry after a race, and Im tryn to eat healthy
biggrin.gif

As for your 12R-ah, I wont even start...got too much to do today.
Just one question before I go-why are you trollin' over here on a Busa board if you OWN a ZX-14R and a ZX-12R??? u knew what this site was for-and it aint bashin' Yamaha R-6's !!!!
Sorry if i hurt your feelings-say your AOL name is 12R-something-or-other...mebbe the lil Busa voice inside is tryn to take over, huh? Should I call you Mokaw, or Tyler Durden???
"the first rule of Busa club is-we do not talk about how fast ZX-14's are!"
laugh.gif

glad I gave you fellas a good chuckle-I really seriously wanted to ride one to see for myself what the hype was all about, but EVERY experience I have had with kawai dealers and even bike owners, has been so negative that I will stop at nothing now to slam home the point that they all W-R-O-N-G!!! I researchd the pi55 outa bike mags and did searches to find THE most powerful bike that was available when I went shopping in '05 for my bike, and already mapped out some power mods that would put me even further out in front; ahead of the "stock" versions of my particular bike.
If any goof on the streets here in Milw will ever agree to a race here, Im down. I wana run heads-up with a real street-bike, and if the rider is better-o well at least I'll have some footage of me trying to take down the wanna-be bike built by kawasaki that wishes it had the same giant following that stays faithful to the king on the throne-the Busa.
IT IS STILL THE FASTEST BIKE EVER BUILT!!!
and I'll keep sreaming that at every jerk who wants to try an prove otherwise.
if you lose, you'll lose your bike, right? you said for pinks

i did say that-and if that dude at the Kawi dealer had a good rider in the back, he should have taken me up on it-if I had a shiddy launch, he would have had himself a nice Busa. Now that I broke it AGAIN, and am about to dump MORE $$ into this baby-no more slips-my bike was already worth more than some nasty-azz Grill with wheels and some Pipes and its about to have alot more money invested...so now I'll only run for cash, when the oppourtunity presents itself.

I still wana see a 14 try to pull with me on a straightaway-preferably with mods similar to my own, so I can see what the hype is about...still tryn to talk my friend into trading in his 12R....:p

Just so you guys know, I'm not a troll going on Busa boards. Has anyone here ever heard me bash a Busa? I don't think so. I highly respect the Hayabusa, which is a bike, when it came out, was eons ahead of all the competition. I enjoy reading about it.
Considering this is a motorcycle site, I figured any motorcycle enthusiast was welcome here. If I'm wrong about this, so be it. It's been real interesting
cool.gif

i did say that-and if that dude at the Kawi dealer had a good rider in the back, he should have taken me up on it-if I had a shiddy launch, he would have had himself a nice Busa. Now that I broke it AGAIN, and am about to dump MORE $$ into this baby-no more slips-my bike was already worth more than some nasty-azz Grill with wheels and some Pipes and its about to have alot more money invested...so now I'll only run for cash, when the oppourtunity presents itself.

I still wana see a 14 try to pull with me on a straightaway-preferably with mods similar to my own, so I can see what the hype is about...still tryn to talk my friend into trading in his 12R....:p
is that ALL the mods you have on your busa in your sig?

what kinda times are you running?

I never rode a 14 so I really can't comment on it.
I realize that stock it has more hp than a busa.
I also realize that it should over all be better than a
7 year old design busa but, my 2000 busa that I have since new has 170.01 bhp
and the cost of my bike and it's mods were less than if I got a new 14. Oh, and it would do over
186 mph stock. I'm not knocking the 14 at all.
I love all bikes and I'm impressed with the 14 but you couldn't give me a new 14 for my bike.

I never rode a 14 so I really can't comment on it.
I realize that stock it has more hp than a busa.
I also realize that it should over all be better than a
7 year old design busa but, my 2000 busa that I have since new has 170.01 bhp
and the cost of my bike and it's mods were less than if I got a new 14. Oh, and it would do over
186 mph  stock. I'm not knocking the 14 at all.
I love all bikes and I'm impressed with the 14 but you couldn't give me a new 14 for my bike.
for what its worth the 14 is olny 1 lb. lighter than the busa and i have a friend that had an 06 busa and 14. sold the busa and kept the 14. he said the busa had a lil vibration in it while riding where the 14 doesnt. btw he has raced both bikes.

shhhh-dont spread this around but...im still in the hi-10s....but im in the process of adding new mods for better handling/take-off.

and Mokaw is a kewl guy-we had our own chat, and I gotta say...he gets
thumbs-up.gif
from me...even tho he's a Kawa-sucki guy
biggrin.gif

just lowering the bike a lil should be runnin low 10's. what do ya weigh? my first time at the track, my 3rd pass was a 10.15 foot shifting

no-thats what happens when you forget to install the spill-tray under the grills!!
biggrin.gif

-and Im hoping for low tens when I get back on the track, but that has to wait till I find some leather pants that have a 36" inseam first
sad.gif

Back