Zx14

busaza

Registered
I had a test ride yesterday on the ZX14, looks good in red. It had some 5000kms on it so it was "run in". Not a bad ride, pulls well from 6000rpm, good brakes but would I exchange the Busa for the ZX14. No way !! If I acclerated next the 14 on the busa from 160kph I would leave it behind, staying in top gear. The 14 will have to drop a couple of gears to get the revs up and by that time I'll be a few lamp poles away.
The busa also feels more "solid" on the road. I'll be staying with mine for some time, perhaps till the new one arrives...if it does. This is my simple observation, a 52 year old who enjoys the better things in life.

Cool..
Glad someone finally told the truth about the Kawa.
I was 'considering' that particular bike but there is no way you could go wrong with a Busa. Guess there is a reason it's been the beast since 1999.

Long live the King!!!

Thanks for the info & happy riding brother !!
wink.gif

I haven't ridden one yet. I would like to take a ride on one just to see the difference. For laughs and comparison. I actually do like the front of them, the 4 light design part. But that is about it.

didn't you see 'super bikes' on speed tv, the 14 beat the busa by a MILE!!!
laugh.gif

he probably to stay consistent with what he told his wife about the size of his recreation member
cool.gif

I saw 2 at the stealership this morning and as I walked by them I was thinkin' .......Euuuuuuwww , it ought to be for free with the way it looks !

Yea that was TV, call Johnny at Exoticycle or Bob and Roaring Toyz, that was made for TV, Johnny is a hell of a drag racer and Bob is not, Johnny was told to let the 14 win, Vic the other guy form Exoticycle told me he would of never let that 14 beat him just for TV! Knowing Johnny and when i saw this show I thought it was BS and now I know it is.

I would give my opinion on a ZX-14 ride if the stealerships around here weren't such d**kheads about letting people ride one! I was haunting the local shop for 3 months, and when the y finally got one in and I stopped by to ask for a test ride, the guy hits me with "O, there wont be any test rides. You have to buy 1st." (?
rock.gif
??WTF!!!)
I came back with "You really expect someone to buy this bike, that no-one knows anything about, without ever riding one first?" i mean, c'mon!? Then the jerk got personal "Well, its the biggest motor eve put in a sportbike, and its faster and more powerful than a Busa..." I cut him off right there "Hold it! I got a Busa sitn outside RIGHT NOW-if you have ANYBODY in this shop that thinks they can beat me in the 1/4mi, or flatout-I got the slip to my bike, we can race right now, this afternoon, WHATEVER. I wanna race one of these 14s for pinkslips. THEN you can sit here and tell me what you HEARD from some watered-down magazine that has a ton of Kawasaki ads in it about the Busa getn beat by a 14."

The guy pretty much shut up at that point. "Well, I cant just give the bike to someone here to ride..." I wrote my name and phone # on the back of one of the a**hole's business cards, and handed it to him. "If ANYONE comes in here and buys one of these and wants to lose their bike-tell'em to call me and I'll take their slow-azz POS." Then I went to the parking lot, fired up the KING, and left'em with a nice cloud of smoke.

a buddy of mine is seriously considering buying a new ZX-14 next year...probably cuz I SMOKED his butt on his '00 ZX-12R
biggrin.gif
But if he does, I'll be posting up pics n vids of me, as I Layeth The Smacketh Down on his candy Azz...AGAIN!!

I'd like to test out a 14 so i can form an honest opinion for me.
I know that Kawi's are designed more with a peaky powerband that sometimes may make a bike feel faster when it's not, so the seat of the pants feel might give the wrong impression. Either way, i'd like to ride one.

I'd like to test out a 14 so i can form an honest opinion for me.
I know that Kawi's are designed more with a peaky powerband that sometimes may make a bike feel faster when it's not, so the seat of the pants feel might give the wrong impression. Either way, i'd like to ride one.
Every Kawi I've ever owned has been peaky. Kawi's way has always been to get maximum peak hp at high rpm's by giving some up down low. I never really like the lack of low end compared to other bikes but liked the top end rush. Then I got the Busa and realized you can have both. I won't own another Kawi till they start giving their machines more real world grunt.

And your right GM the transition from weak power to full power when the rpms wind up makes the bike feel faster than it is.....just like a turbo bike or car when you go from turbo lag to full boost...the transition is very deceptive.....but it does feel good
wink.gif

As of today, I have taken my buddies ZX-14 for a spin and I must say, I'd really prefer the Hayabusa now. I was in a debate with myself on which to splurge on...the Hayabusa gets my money. The engine on the ZX is nuts and it pulls like crazy reaching on top end. I could see it beating a stock Hayabusa just like the mags tested. Only thing is, the grunt isn't available low enough and that stupid power-band dip sucks. Nice bike, but as for riding and going through corners, the Hayabusa will kick it. Plus, it also won't melt your legs/body fairing, LOL.

I would give my opinion on a ZX-14 ride if the stealerships around here weren't such d**kheads about letting people ride one! I was haunting the local shop for 3 months, and when the y finally got one in and I stopped by to ask for a test ride, the guy hits me with "O, there wont be any test rides. You have to buy 1st." (?
rock.gif
??WTF!!!)
I came back with "You really expect someone to buy this bike, that no-one knows anything about, without ever riding one first?" i mean, c'mon!? Then the jerk got personal "Well, its the biggest motor eve put in a sportbike, and its faster and more powerful than a Busa..." I cut him off right there "Hold it! I got a Busa sitn outside RIGHT NOW-if you have ANYBODY in this shop that thinks they can beat me in the 1/4mi, or flatout-I got the slip to my bike, we can race right now, this afternoon, WHATEVER. I wanna race one of these 14s for pinkslips. THEN you can sit here and tell me what you HEARD from some watered-down magazine that has a ton of Kawasaki ads in it about the Busa getn beat by a 14."

The guy pretty much shut up at that point. "Well, I cant just give the bike to someone here to ride..." I wrote my name and phone # on the back of one of the a**hole's business cards, and handed it to him. "If ANYONE comes in here and buys one of these and wants to lose their bike-tell'em to call me and I'll take their slow-azz POS." Then I went to the parking lot, fired up the KING, and left'em with a nice cloud of smoke.

a buddy of mine is seriously considering buying a new ZX-14 next year...probably cuz I SMOKED his butt on his '00 ZX-12R
biggrin.gif
But if he does, I'll be posting up pics n vids of me, as I Layeth The Smacketh Down on his candy Azz...AGAIN!!
HAHAHAHA!!!!

I would have paid to have been there to see that!

Big D, Your my hero!!!
biggrin.gif

I would like to ride one too just too see!!!! But everything said here is what I have heard... cornering, and low end drag.....

Back