Front-end lowering slower speeds??

Mikefla31

Registered
Hey guys I was at a bike meet tonight. Well this guy had a zx14 there before i got there and just thought he was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Well when i pulled up he right off the bat he started comparing bikes saying how his stock 07 zx14 was faster than my 03 busa... Untill i showed him the nos tank  
corner2.png
  But anyways he was saying that because my busa is lowered that it slows the bike down? He said that at high speed bike suck down to the road and with mine being lowered it cant therefore it slows it down? Anyone ever heard of this?? or is this guy just blowing smoke??

Blowing smoke,
guns.gif
firedevil.gif
Lowering actually makes it more aerodynamic. IMO. He is just jealous he didnt buy a Busa.

yep, you can actually ride faster with more stability on a lowered bike( with properly tuned suspension). Dont let him jerk you off bro, i had it out with a ZX14 here in jersey on rt 73, and every time we ran, i ate his lunch on my mildly modded 07. then he proceeded to tell me that he had a PCIII, and a custom tune. i just laughed, and went on my merry, albeit way faster, way.
firedevil.gif

A lower bike can accelerate and brake harder.

A higher bike can corner faster.

Hey guys I was at a bike meet tonight. Well this guy had a zx14 there before i got there and just thought he was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Well when i pulled up he right off the bat he started comparing bikes saying how his stock 07 zx14 was faster than my 03 busa... Untill i showed him the nos tank
corner2.png
But anyways he was saying that because my busa is lowered that it slows the bike down? He said that at high speed bike suck down to the road and with mine being lowered it cant therefore it slows it down? Anyone ever heard of this?? or is this guy just blowing smoke??
Living example of-

"Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Insecure, ignorant bag of flatulence on wheels...

HAHA! So his bike lowers down as he gets up in higher speeds? Yet since your's is already in that position it will slow it down? Man! He def needs to think before talking.

Next time you meet up with him tell him " I figured out how to fix that problem. When racing I start out sitting up then crouch down when I get to higher speeds!"

he bought a zx14 instead of a busa. enough said.

i wonder how many zx 14 owners wish they would have waited for the new busa now?

Dumbazz got it all wrong. A lowered bike coners slower in the turns.

Obviously he's beem sippn the favorite juice of all H8trs.  
rofl.gif

1742hatorade.jpg

yep, you can actually ride faster with more stability on a lowered bike( with properly tuned suspension). Dont let him jerk you off bro, i had it out with a ZX14 here in jersey on rt 73, and every time we ran, i ate his lunch on my mildly modded 07. then he proceeded to tell me that he had a PCIII, and a custom tune. i just laughed, and went on my merry, albeit way faster, way.
firedevil.gif
A lowered bike may be more aerodynamic? More stable it is not! Lowering the bike changes the rake and trail. Depending on the amount of change made (Mostly to trail) the less stable it becomes. You can remedy that by changing the steering head/neck to maintian proper rake and trail but you don't see that very often.

I'm with the rest of you guys. The 14 gent was blowin smoke!

HAHA! So his bike lowers down as he gets up in higher speeds? Yet since your's is already in that position it will  slow it down? Man! He def needs to think before talking.

Next time you meet up with him tell him " I figured out how to fix that problem. When racing I start out sitting up then crouch down when I get to higher speeds!"
exactly!!

Only way I get her lower is to strap her!!

IMG_1402bike_front.jpg

HAHA! So his bike lowers down as he gets up in higher speeds? Yet since your's is already in that position it will  slow it down? Man! He def needs to think before talking.

lol

Back