a friend's ZX14 engine gone while riding ...

(macmode @ May 01 2007,20:03) Do you all remember the ZX11 had the bad number 2 rod go bad.
It was the number 3 rod ....
beerchug.gif

And i remember well my 1980 GS1100 when the clutch basket blew and bent rods and crank as well as the 14 stitches in my leg ... Everyone that i raced with a GS1100 had the same problem ....Point is all bikes have some kind of problems if you run them hard ...
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

How many miles did he have on it?
Getting a new bike is cool but if the problem remains. That would suk.

(macmode @ May 01 2007,20:03) Do you all remember the ZX11 had the bad number 2 rod go bad.
years years ago , i had a ZX11 , engine gone at 3000miles (no user error) , that was my last Kawa build bike ...

Re: a friend's ZX14 engine gone while riding ...

I have had several motorcycles. at 10,000 miles my 14 engine blew. Because I was over on the oil change I was thinking I would surely find a damaged crank or dropped valve. Come to find out one of the rods snapped in half. Crank is fine.
Although I admit I rode this bike like it was stolen. It had probably 10 quarter mile track passes on it, I had it near top speed probably 10 other times on the highway and it was almost 2000 miles over on the oil change.

I have a Busa an also a 14 and a GSXR1000..Like all of them...You can have problems with any of them..I know some people have problems with there Busa's just like some have trouble with there 14's...**** happen's!!

Re: a friend's ZX14 engine gone while riding ...

man that's crazy. I have a friend with a zx-14 too. I'll pass on the info

Check the head too. If its an 06 they tend to bleed oil out of the head. Seems Kawi parts binned the studs and they're a shade to long. So ive been told....

pretty sure Suzuki have updated the technology from the old srad :)

Kawakas have had some good bikes though my 04&05 ZX10 were gems not to mention the original Z9 mmm

Back