The next "busa eater?

"Honda is not known for pushing the performance envelope edge."

Try reading the '07 600 cc sport bike shoot outs...and the '08 litre bike shoot outs :laugh:

kinda off the subject, but in this issue, my favorite article just happened to be the Buell ad at the beginning of the mag...nothing about their line of bikes, but the whole ad was about sport bikes in general and those who choose to go "gear-less" namely helmets. it's good when manufactures will pay for ad space and fill it with safety while their product is in the background. I'm not a huge Buell fan, but they moved up a few notches in my book:beerchug: anyhow, back to the VFR...not bad for the price:thumbsup:

Yea--cool ad--love the part about "...you gotta wonder if they ever get out of first gear!" LOL

Well, according to what I've read the trannie will be a regular 6-speed. I'm just interested in what they come up with--I do lots of long distance riding, so the shaft drive is of interest to me--If I remember correctly, Honda had one hell of a machine in the CBR 1100XX-- BlackBird. I'm not ready to trade the 'busa--yet--but I'm definately interested in the final product!

"Honda is not known for pushing the performance envelope edge."

Try reading the '07 600 cc sport bike shoot outs...and the '08 litre bike shoot outs :laugh:

I read a lot more than you know...

Yeah I know the new cbr is newest slickest (till yami came out with the cross
spline) but they dont push the engine in the dyno hp department. They do a
great job in the sum of it's parts and quality department.

The Goldwinnabago is far from a powerhouse (imagine if Zuk made the wing)
the st1300 is weak...the vfr800 interceptor is weak...their twins are weak, etc.
They waited forever before they updated the cbr and led the back of the
pack for years. They even dropped the blackbird rather than update it because
they didn't want to push and compete with the BUS.

Honda does what Honda wants and doesn't give a crap what anyone else is
doing. They have their own vision and priorities, quality being forever ahead of
performance.

And the bottom line is your not going to push the busa without brute force (HP)
we've already got the most aerodynamic shell...and honda is just not going to
wring out a 1200cc motor to compete with zuks 1340 BUSA motor. Ain't going happen...

Last edited:

Yeah I know the new cbr is newest slickest (till yami came out with the cross
spline) but they dont push the engine in the dyno hp department. They do a
great job in the sum of it's parts and quality department.

the st1300 is weak...the vfr800 interceptor is weak...their twins are weak, etc.
They waited forever before they updated the cbr and led the back of the
pack for years. They even dropped the blackbird rather than update it because
they didn't want to push and compete with the BUS.

Honda does what Honda wants and doesn't give a crap what anyone else is
doing. They have their own vision and priorities, quality being forever ahead of
performance.

And the bottom line is your not going to push the busa without brute force (HP)
we've already got the most aerodynamic shell...and honda is just not going to
wring out a 1200cc motor to compete with zuks 1340 BUSA motor. Ain't going happen...

You're right--Honda does what it want's and doesn't cave into any kind of international pressure. I guess thye know how to do it their way! In the end--we'll see how this machine stacks up!

First off, that Buell add was pretty great. I was also very surprised by the content and Buell did move up a notch in my book as well as I have never had much respect for their products.

The new VFR just looks plain ugly to me based on the spy photos in Motorcyclist. Plus its a shafty. I won't lose any sleep over it sneaking up on the Busa.

In relation to Hondas....I have never owned a Honda motorcycle but I have owned many of their cars and they are amazing products. I love most of their bikes too but just never to the point where it was my first choice on my list....that usually goes to either a Suzuki or Yamaha. How anybody can diss their bikes though is beyond me....the CBRs have owned the crown in the 600 class for how many years? They may not be the fastest around a track every year but read the reviews and which bike the motojournalists would buy with their own cash and it is very often the most well rounded bike and that is the CBR starting with the Hurricane all the way through F2/3/4/4i and now the RR's.

This issue of Motorcyclist was a real letdown for me....the entire issue is filled up with electric bikes and alternate fuel crap that does not interest me in the least when applied to motorcycles.....cars yes but not bikes.

First off, that Buell add was pretty great. I was also very surprised by the content and Buell did move up a notch in my book as well as I have never had much respect for their products.

The new VFR just looks plain ugly to me based on the spy photos in Motorcyclist. Plus its a shafty. I won't lose any sleep over it sneaking up on the Busa.

In relation to Hondas....I have never owned a Honda motorcycle but I have owned many of their cars and they are amazing products. I love most of their bikes too but just never to the point where it was my first choice on my list....that usually goes to either a Suzuki or Yamaha. How anybody can diss their bikes though is beyond me....the CBRs have owned the crown in the 600 class for how many years? They may not be the fastest around a track every year but read the reviews and which bike the motojournalists would buy with their own cash and it is very often the most well rounded bike and that is the CBR starting with the Hurricane all the way through F2/3/4/4i and now the RR's.

This issue of Motorcyclist was a real letdown for me....the entire issue is filled up with electric bikes and alternate fuel crap that does not interest me in the least when applied to motorcycles.....cars yes but not bikes.

AMEN--to the "green" machines. Not for my bike--I want a good old piston driven machine between my legs!! LOL:thumbsup:

Where does it say that "Honda" is competing with the Busa ???

What a tool :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just interested in seeing the final product. I'd love to read a report about a match-up between the VFR, 'Busa, ZX-14 and K1300S. Any bets on who comes out first??:thumbsup:

I'm just interested in seeing the final product. I'd love to read a report about a match-up between the VFR, 'Busa, ZX-14 and K1300S. Any bets on who comes out first??:thumbsup:

This gentlemans agreement with the 300 kph cap is taking all the fun out of it! Imagine the reviews with no limiters.....:cheerleader:

Seems Honda doesn't go for the top position in any particular catagory, their bikes are more well rounded for total performance imo.
Bet it will be a nice bike........

Ok My guess iis you have not spent a day or more on a wing, They are incredible for what they are, You Winabago reference tells me me you have never had one GL1800s pegs down in the twisties or used the torque that the flat 6 provides to leave anything else near it size in the rear veiw mirror I love both of my Suzukis but Suzuki is very unlikely to have done it better than Honda has (remember the Zuki Cavalcade?)
I doubt the VFR is going to beat the Busa or any of the other Hyperbikes but it may be the ideal hyperbike for my Wife I don't know that and won't til I rie it.

Back