Advantage Busa!!

OB_Superman

Registered
If you look at the stats and potential of both bikes you might stop whining about the ZX-12.

Busa: 474 lbs
ZX-12: 476
Advantage: Busa

Busa: Suzuki has years of fuel injection experience behind them
ZX-12: First year attempting fuel injection

Busa: 1300 cc
ZX-12: 1200cc

Busa: Duel exhaust
ZX-12: Single exhaust
Advantage: Busa (able to shed 30 lbs by using aftermarket exhaust bringing its weight to 444 lbs. ZX-12 might
lose 6-7 lbs).

Busa: already has bugs worked outgoing into its second year.
ZX-12: hasn't even hit the shorelines yet

We all know that Kawasaki wouldn't put Ricky on a stock ZX-12. It HAS TO beat the Busa when it first debuts or there's no point in even trying.
Any thoughts?

I don't understand why members hate one bike and trash the other.Both bikes are Japanese sport bikes and they both fly,period.Aren't we on the same team when you think about it?
I also don't think Gadson has a "special" bike supplied by kawasaki.Some of you claim that his bike is blueprinted from the factory.Do you know what that means?"Blueprinted", does not entail having special parts.It means that a motor is assembled with greater tolerances set within the bearings. Normally, a motor will get stronger as time goes on.When you blueprint an engine,that period is greatly accelerated because bearing tolerences are looser than stock.So, even if this is true of Gadsons bike,so what.
As far as displacement concerning both bikes,I think you can throw that out the window.After all,we are not comparing a 1300 to a 1000cc bike.Its obvious Kawi has a better flowing head and its power advantage will and has been shown on the dyno and at the dragstrip(especially trap speeds).While very few riders will duplicate Gadsons numbers(Remember,he does this for a living),I think the same rider on the ZX-12 will consistantly go faster than he would on the Busa despite the 12 having a much shorter wheelbase which is a credit to the performance of this bike.When both bikes are tested on the same day for top speed,I think the 12 will once again show off its combination of power and aerodynamics beating the Busa by 3-5 mph on top.
I have a 12 on order but I still love the Busa, both for its looks and its awesome power.I am currently riding a 1993 FZR1000 which is stock,except for a Vance&Hines slip-on and one tooth down on the front sprocket(I went 10.79@131).I rode my friends Busa and I couldn't believe it.It made my FZR feel like a 600.I look at it as a privelage to be able to ride what is available today and I will ride with any Japanese bike and rider,regardless of size or speed.Can't we all just get along?

YEAH! ENOUGH WITH HE GREEN STUFF ALREADY!! I AM SICK OF IT! Sure it's a great jap bike, if I thought it was SOOooo great I would have bought one!!
Also, I would goto the Ninja forum to talk about it.
This is a Hayabusa general forum. NOT NINJA!!

(...ok, I found my pills....it's ok)

I thought your post was okay, Wronglane. Some groundrules for the rivalry might help. If the ZX-12 guys can count tricks to help overcome a short wheelbase on a drag strip, then the 'Busa guys can count tricks to help with a grabby clutch.

You can go on from there. I hear the ZX guys talking about the weight savings and power increase of the Muzzy pipe for the ZX-12 over the stock unit. Well, putting a 4-1 on the 'Busa gets rid of a whole can...how's that for weight savings? Fair enough.

The rivalry is great, as far as I'm concerned. Some guys just seem to need a change of diapers (that's not aimed at anyone who has posted on this thread so far...we all know who they are).

Boy am I glad I just got into sportsbikes. Seems that this rivalry leans more towards hate then tongue in cheek.

Way I see it is I prefer the look of the Busa to the ZX12 or any other bike out there and I know that the ZX12 will most likely be a fraction faster because it has to be for Kawasaki to keep their credibility. That's a fact. They will not let it out of the factory unless it is. Point it that the difference in the performance of the 2 is so small you wouldn't notice it between 2 Neon's never mind a couple of 200mph bikes.

I feel that both manufacturers would be better making the bike handle closer to an R1 then outdrag a fighter jet though. Make the whole thing out of carbon I say. Bare carbon at that :-)

My head hurts. I'm crawling under my desk to fix a cable in the back of my PC.. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Superman>>>Sorry,I was comparing a stock zx-12 vs a stock busa.I agree with you that once you start modifying a motor,a larger one does have more potential.

Mr Bear>>>Thanks for looking at my post in an objective way. It was only my opinion and I love both bikes for what they represent.

KawAbuser>>>I just came in from plowing Ginger in the lagoon!If you disagree with my post,thats fine,but you can make your point in a more dignified and mature manner.Tell us your age,would you please?Its obvious you know nothing about motors,let alone dragracing and the numbers a 1/4 mile run will tell you.If you were paying attention to my post,you will see that I have ridden a Busa and I loved it.I even raced it for my friend and went 9.77@144.6(bone stock except one tooth down) so I do know how fast it is.My point being,is that if a bike with a 2" shorter wheelbase can go as quick or quicker and also go about 3 mph faster in the quarter,showing its horsepower,thats impressive,thats all.
Here is what bothered me,though.You attacked me personally and you don't know me.Why must you resort to calling me a "little man" and a "dweeb"?Now,I must tell everyone how why you chose the name"KawAbuser".To all that are reading this,his name was chosen because his girl is a cow and he likes to abuse her by sticking her hooves up his *** while masturbating to playgirl magazine!!!Sorry,I couldn't let you attack me without retaliation.
When you respond to this,I will show you a maturity level that is lightyears ahead of you by not responding to you unless we can have an intelligent conversation about motorcycles.

I apologize to all members who find this offensive,but he had it coming.

Wronglane, you come here to spew about the superior ZX12 based upon Gadsons riding skills.

All in all bikes are bikes, and it does not matter what you ride as long as your having fun.

Honestly I am sick and tired of reading all the ZX12 hype (it has been spewing for a year), the points you and others make about the twelve are well taken - But their is only one problem with them. You are basing all of this on one man and one bike, not very realistic to base all comparisons on one mans effort.

We dont say the Busa is the greatest thing since sliced bread based on Turbo Rick's runs at the salt flats (new world record) do we?

All of what you present is OK, your timeing just sucks. Let's wait till the spring when there are everyday production 12's around ridden by everyday people. At that time we won't have to say look he's riding a hand built bike from the Kawasaki race shop, we will be comparing bikes built off the production line, just like the Busa's we all bought.

Take no offense but you do know what not to yell in a movie theatre. And if you want to talk **** wait till the real **** hits the Kawasaki dealers floor, and till then it is all nothing but marketing hype.

Suzuki and Kawasaki sell bikes for one reason only to make money, and with all the delays and reengineering the ZX12 has faced comming up to bat against the Busa you should be a little more humble comming to a Busa site and talking hype.

Wronglane!!
I was comparing cc's under the category of which has more potential. It's obvious that you can do more with more cc's. I do have one question for everyone. Could someone please explain to me how a bike with 100cc's less, single exhaust and a shorter wheel base weigh 3 lbs more than the Busa.

Wronglane glad to see you found your way out of Gilligans Island. Since you have missed the last year you may as well learn a few things. The production Busa is all we have, Kawasaki lets their *star Gadson* on a bike that was produced before there are any ZX12's in the rest of the market and you have the balls to come here and question it is not a one off from Kaw Central, Would you like to buy a bridge or a nice of piece of southern Florida property?

Save your BS for the spring when the Busa's stomp the production zx12's, little man. Oh yeah you will be green with envy you didn't ride the Bus dweeb.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I
bought a Busa, because I liked it. I wanted something unique in looks, mystique, handling and able to tour. I wanted to be sporty on the one day rides and have a bike that people in the rest areas on the long trips, stop, look, stare, and comment what a nice, neat or cool bike you have.
The torque, speed, brakes, handling are
just great bonuses. Suzuki makes unique
machines. Even if another comes out
that is faster. It will never replace the Busa. The Busa was the first fast, sport, tour machine.
The ole Katana 1100 I had set a trend
that started motorcycle development.
the Busa, and Suzuki has done it again.
We are are the ground floor. The new
Z-12, will look like a ZX-9R. It will look
like any Z that has been designed in the
last few years.
So if the ZX-12 is faster, so what, it will
still not be unique. It will not set a tend in
the vision of people that do not ride bikes
but can walk by my shinning in the sun
Copper Busa, smile and say - Nice Bike.
I say thanks, smile inside, and mount that
beauty to enjoy everthing about it.
We all have bought a Busa for our own
reasons. Enjoy yours. I sure enjoy mine.
That's why I chose a Busa not a Kawi.

As far as I know, blueprinting can increase power in modest ways. Further, a little port matching can also help. Building a motor by hand allows you to pick through for the best parts. The straightest crank. The squarest block. The best set of valve springs. And so on. None of this is secret information. So a blueprinted motor could/would have more power as well as better longevity.

As far as this whole ZX-12 comparison deal goes, It doesn't bother me at all. If it's a good comparison, I'm always looking to improve my knowledge of things. If some one just wants to spout off about how theZX-12 is going shred the hell out of a Hayabusa, Then it's a waist of time and they're at the wrong place.

$.02 for the dead thread

Back