Isnt it funny Suzuki VS Kawasaki

To prospective ZX12 owners:
I have it from inside sources that Kawasaki is alarmed by the incredible performance of the Busa. It is beyond the capabilities that had been designed into the ZX. They are scrambling to come up with something competetive. The ZX has existed for some time but was not released, a wise decision by Kawasaki management!
Currently, most info about it is unnofficial, and rumor, most likely seated at Kawasaki or it's supporters(spin groups). You know, someone says something, it gets repeated and suddenly, it's official.
Having had some experience at top speeds exceeding 200 mph naturally aspirated, I can state that it is not likely with the Kawasaki that has been pictured.
As to modifying the ZX from it's current form in photos, it's aerodynamics can be improved to allow it to exceed 200 for sure, but in the ultimate power war, it's displacement limits it. I would guess that it is very bore limited (narrow bore centers) and large increases in displacement will be difficult at best. Much like the ZX11.
The Suzuki will lend itself to displacements of near 1500cc with a cylinder head already capable of feeding it. No way for the ZX to match it powerwise in modified form. Also, from our initial study, the Busa engine is fairly mildly tuned and should be able to produce substantially more power. It will probably be fuel flow limited with the stock injectors though, replacements from Bosch should be an easy mod.
I am a fan of motorcycles in general, esp. Kaws and Suzukis, but if we modify a bike for ultimate performance, the Suzuki is the ONLY choice here, naturally aspirated of course. While a fine bike in their own right, R1s are not in this league. A very, very highly modified version would hardly be expected to produce the power of the Suzuki that is stock with slip-ons.
Only the facts here, no offense intended to anyone.
Regards, Billy Rohm

Why do you guys cater to these trolls,the Hayabusa needs no defending,it speaks for itself,every test I've seen has been positive in fact RAVES,these trolls don't even own one,they come on a Hayabusa board calling them ugly,don't waste your time responding to these A-holes,who cares about a ZX12 or a Blackbird,this is Hayabusa territory,so why don't you idiots go back under the rocks you crawled from under,if I wanted a ZX12 I would have WAITED for one!

Billy: Well said.

Kamikaze: You are correct even though it feels so good to flame the flamers. Check out "A Challenge Are you Faster" by originator Jamie. Pushing a fool over the edge on paper at zero miles an hour shows what kind of lack of control they have over themselves. You think they have more self control at 190?, ha yeah right.

A notice to all of you "other" bike owners, first of all this is not your website, your guests here on the Hayabusa web site and if you spout off you will be flamed.

Billy: I think your assessment of Kawasaki ZX12 situation is on the mark. In fact, Suzuki with the Busa has caught all the "performance" bike manufactures unprepared. Kawasaki just happened to get "caught" with a subpar-Busa bike ready to go into production.

The Busa is not just the "latest and fastest" stock performance bike, that only incrementally beats its predecessors. The Busa has lived up to its advertising moniker as the "Ultimate Sports Bike." The Busa has created an ultimate performance plateau, which is the ultimate performance dilemma for other manufactures - a beautiful, balanced machine whose level of performance is ultimate, performance at the practical limit of what can be offered in a stock bike. Sure refinements can be made, but Suzuki has staked the "ultimate" territory with the Busa; the other manufactures can essentially only hope to match the Busa, not beat it.

RD

C'mon guys (or gals if your here) we all know what's going on here. Why give this guy the satisfaction of a response. We are all here because we share a liking for the Busa. Someone who doesn't share this perspective shouldn't even be here. When people like this Slurpee guy come along let's just ignore them entirely. When they get a rise out of us it only encourages others to do the same.

Sp let's get this right. A sport bike the ZX-12. Can get spanked but a sport-crusier (SC)class bike, say the GSX1300 R?

So Slurpee, and I don't want to know what you've been slurping on, what if Suzuki did decide to make a 1200-1300cc sport bike? Think you're opinions would be justified?

Suzkui made the Hayabusa a (SC) calss bike for a reason. Kawasaki, Yamaha and Honda will all fall into the trap of thinking that the "busa is the end all be all of Suzkui's power designs.

Ride your ZX-12 and like it, if you have one. I'm sticking with the inovative leader.

The 1st Slurpee post is a little old, is this guy still around or moved on to the 12r boards? Guess he still has same viewpoint? Jack.

BUUUUUUUUUYAAAAAA!!!!!

Looks like the ZX12 is gonna have to find some smaller bikes to beat on... Wanna beat a Suzuki?... I recommend a 600 Katana.

Hey Slurpee, I have been wrenching on your so called "Industry Standard" ZX-11 for about 16 years now as it started life as that overly rated no bottem end, go guts, no reliability, wasn't really good at anything ZX 900 Ninja. Your ZX-11 is really a carryover of that original recipe. Your bike is good for "eating" the folowing: rod bearings, water pumps, fan blades and switches,chain and sprockets, thremostats and thermostat housings, hard to get to short lived starter clutches, and overly expensive charging systems. Cam and rockers reliability questionable, oil pump runs dry doing wheelies, Engine takes three times as much work to perform regular services, clunks, thunks and ticks loudly after about 20K miles,valves sink up in the head requiring frequent replacement and as all Kaws, the electronics in general are of totally inferior quality to all the other Jap brands. Dave Shultz before he defected to the superior "S" brand tried to race the ZX engine in the mid 80's but was faced with a totally unreliable engine. It simpy broke as he put it in its place in the history books, on the sidelines, and the rest is Pro Stock history. You see I have the advantage of seeing your bike from the inside out, not just based what it does or what you wished it would do. I have the facts and the bike to put you in your little bitty place behind me. Just let me know if yu want more, I am only half finished.

Hey guys ... Slurpee really got to our nerves didn't he .. no matter, ever heard of dat song by Texas? ... oh u can say what u want but it won't change my mind i feel the same .. about u ... haha. Anyway, rode my bike from Singapore all the way up to Sepang on Saturday the 1st of April to watch the GPs. Lots of crashes .. pity for those racers!
Anyway rode back from Sepang on Sunday, had to do about 500 plus miles to get home ... along the highway i met up with many others making their way home too ... heres approximately what bikes i encountered >>>

1. About 15 to 20 Blackbirds (XX,XXX,XXY), some modified some stock
2. 1 Ducati 996
3. 2 VFR 800s
4. about 10 ZX-11 (mostly with full systems, could only tell from the sounds)
5. a few ZX-9s /7s
6. a few ST-11s
7. a few Goldwings
8. 3 other Hayabusas .. all three were 99 models and stock
9. a few GSX 750s
10. 3 highly modified TL-1000Rs
11. 2 GSX 1100 WP
........ lots more but i'll just name those more popular ones

All of us had to weave thru a 3 lane highway that was moderate in traffic ... lots of coaches ... cars ... trucks.
Anyway my point is .... nothing ... absolutely nothing ... even those i've mentions above could keep up with me and my Busa! Well ... sometimes i let them stay in my mirrors for a few seconds when i'm conserving fuel. Funny thing was that most of the bikes had modifications that would have sent me flagging my white undies but it didn't happen ..... so guys ... it aint what bike is faster or bigger ... ultimately its the skills that count!! Am not saying my skills were the best amongst them all but it was enuff to send most of them packing ... oh ... the only bike that came close to my tail or ever overtook me for good was my buddy's xx bb ... an almost 180 BHP xx.

P/s : wondered if they'll even catch my bike's shadow if i had modified it! And oh .... to see Kenny Roberts Jr racing live was awesome!
Terence

Back