Busa vs ZX14 - Which is the better bike?

My best fried/roommate rides a ZX and I have a Busa, funny thing is, he is a member of the ZX forum and only gets on there to get his questions answered, never small talk b/c of the attitudes that the ZX guys have towards Busa's.... Who knows what their deal is, ride your bike and shut the hell up are my thoughts. But maybe I'm crazy?

repost.gif

Dealership service departments suck ass...and so do scum sucking dealer sales people. Just as bad as a jingle the keys in the pocket, fast talking, try to screw you every way they can car salesman. I hate motorized vehicle salesmen and the pathetic jokes they call techs worse than anything else on this planet. I've never had the pleasure of meeting a tech or salesman in public....but if I ever do I'm gonna kick the living **** outta there worthless....good for nothing...screw the world for money asses all over the ******* place. I've offered to do it to quit a few of those skags in their businesses...but none of them wanted to step outside and handle it...no matter how much I provoked them. Chickenshit bastards  
cursin.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

argue.gif

And I know they're not all that way, but the 95% that are have ruined it for the rest IMFO  
rant.gif

Ahhh....I feel a little better now  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif
Prolly shoulda said how I really felt tho...just trying to be proper  
laugh.gif
(in a gentle tone)

"There there, it'll be okay..."
goodboy.gif

laugh.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

My best fried/roommate rides a ZX and I have a Busa, funny thing is, he is a member of the ZX forum and only gets on there to get his questions answered, never small talk b/c of the attitudes that the ZX guys have towards Busa's.... Who knows what their deal is, ride your bike and shut the hell up are my thoughts. But maybe I'm crazy?
I read quite a few other forums....including some ZX forums, and they're pretty much the same as here....very little smack talking, except for a select few guys. Otherwise they're pretty cool
winkold.gif
You wanna see smack talking head over to LaBusas...now that place is a jungle. Not for the meek or easily insulted
wowold.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And Keaton thanks for the kind thoughts
winkold.gif
Reading the story about your TLR kinda fired me up...just a little
banghead.gif
Nobody should have to go through that kinda stuff
sad.gif
Unfortunately I learned a long time ago it was better to do my own work
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Dealership service departments suck ass...and so do scum sucking dealer sales people. Just as bad as a jingle the keys in the pocket, fast talking, try to screw you every way they can car salesman. I hate motorized vehicle salesmen and the pathetic jokes they call techs worse than anything else on this planet. I've never had the pleasure of meeting a tech or salesman in public....but if I ever do I'm gonna kick the living **** outta there worthless....good for nothing...screw the world for money asses all over the ******* place. I've offered to do it to quit a few of those skags in their businesses...but none of them wanted to step outside and handle it...no matter how much I provoked them. Chickenshit bastards  
cursin.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

argue.gif

And I know they're not all that way, but the 95% that are have ruined it for the rest IMFO  
rant.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm a service tech at a chevrolet/cadillac dealer. . . I don't screw people, nor do the other techs in my shop. I'm an honest person and would rather be able to sleep when I go home than make an extra dollar. Thank you, have a nice day.

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

laugh.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

argue.gif

rant.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
someone go find his meds, will ya?

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

laugh.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

argue.gif

rant.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm a service tech at a chevrolet/cadillac dealer. . . I don't screw people, nor do the other techs in my shop.  I'm an honest person and would rather be able to sleep when I go home than make an extra dollar.  Thank you, have a nice day.
crazy.gif
Ouch...

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

laugh.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

argue.gif

rant.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm a service tech at a chevrolet/cadillac dealer. . . I don't screw people, nor do the other techs in my shop.  I'm an honest person and would rather be able to sleep when I go home than make an extra dollar.  Thank you, have a nice day.
I didn't say service managers....I said salesmen and service techs. I have nothing but respect for the service managers, mainly because they have to try and be a go between for the techs screw-ups, and keeping the customers happy. I've liked every sm I've ever met...because they've been so nice trying to make up for the techs mistakes. but I'm not new to the whole car/bike buying and servicing game
winkold.gif
I've had vehicles of many brands (including Chevrolet) to many service departments in many states over many years and have always had probs. My local Chrysler dealership manager told me after denting my new Sebring convertible, and leaving the complete fan housing hanging loose after replacing the fan, that it was impossible to get good techs..and even harder to keep them. He said if I knew of any send them his way. I've got so many horror stories between me, friends, family ect that I'd type a book trying to describe them all. And the bike experiences are even worse
crazy.gif

Oops, I just realized your a service tech. While you may be one of the good ones, I call complete bullshit that everybody there is.....like I said earlier, the majority isn't. And even tho everyone of'ems gonna say "they" aren't like that, the majority are. As to whether you are or not I don't really give a rats ass...the rest of your professions giving you a bad name...kinda like lawyers
laugh.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

rant.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I didn't say service managers....I said salesmen and service techs. I have nothing but respect for the service managers, mainly because they have to try and be a go between for the techs screw-ups, and keeping the customers happy. I've liked every sm I've ever met...because they've been so nice trying to make up for the techs mistakes. but I'm not new to the whole car/bike buying and servicing game  
winkold.gif
 I've had vehicles of many brands (including Chevrolet) to many service departments in many states over many years and have always had probs. My local Chrysler dealership manager told me after denting my new Sebring convertible, and leaving the complete fan housing hanging loose after replacing the fan, that it was impossible to get good techs..and even harder to keep them. He said if I knew of any send them his way. I've got so many horror stories between me, friends, family ect that I'd type a book trying to describe them all. And the bike experiences are even worse  
crazy.gif

Oops, I just realized your a service tech. While you may be one of the good ones, I call complete bullshit that everybody there is.....like I said earlier, the majority isn't. And even tho everyone of'ems gonna say "they" aren't like that, the majority are. As to whether you are or not I don't really give a rats ass...the rest of your professions giving you a bad name...kinda like lawyers  
laugh.gif
Think what you want about me and the other guys I work with.  You've never met any of them and I work with them every day, so I'm pretty sure I know better than you if they're good guys or not.  But you obviously have a bad taste in your mouth about techs, so I guess you'll just have to go on believing that all of us are bad.  I know you stated that you don't think we're all bad, but you also half way contradicted that statement when you said, "I don't give a rats ass if you are or not, your profession gives you a bad name."  But to let you in on a little secret, when people like you walk in the door to the service dept. we can tell exactly what you think right away, and how you're going to act.  And we know that no matter what, you'll never be happy.  There are a lot out there that act like that and say things like "well let's go outside and we'll take care of this" and all that bs.  Don't you think that the way you're being treated might possibly be a direct result of the way you treat the service advisors/techs?  And another note.  I garuntee you that all those service managers that you say you love, hate you as soon as you walk out the door cause they had to give you some free thing to try to make you happy cause you bitched so much.  Now. . . That's it for my pointless arguing with you.  I'm sure you'll probably come back with something bad to say about me, my profession, the guys I work with, etc. but that's fine.  I understand that you can't see past your own experiences with several dealers, which I dare say were most likely not ALL as bad as you say they were.  (yes, that was me callin bs on you right there)  But anyway, I'm out.  Gotta get up early for WORK.  Takes a lot of energy screwin people all day.  Apearently that's what I do. . .  Been fun.  
shake.gif
 Oh, and sorry for the thread jackin, but I'm done now.
firedevil.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

ride what ya like. leave the haten' out of it. if you got a ninja 250 and love it good for ya. if ya got a r-1 and love it, great. cant we all just get along! (thats sarcasm) i ride with harley, honda, kawi, & yamaha guys!! we just have fun.

cursin.gif

rant.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
winkold.gif
crazy.gif

laugh.gif
Think what you want about me and the other guys I work with.  You've never met any of them and I work with them every day, so I'm pretty sure I know better than you if they're good guys or not.  But you obviously have a bad taste in your mouth about techs, so I guess you'll just have to go on believing that all of us are bad.  I know you stated that you don't think we're all bad, but you also half way contradicted that statement when you said, "I don't give a rats ass if you are or not, your profession gives you a bad name."  But to let you in on a little secret, when people like you walk in the door to the service dept. we can tell exactly what you think right away, and how you're going to act.  And we know that no matter what, you'll never be happy.  There are a lot out there that act like that and say things like "well let's go outside and we'll take care of this" and all that bs.  Don't you think that the way you're being treated might possibly be a direct result of the way you treat the service advisors/techs?  And another note.  I garuntee you that all those service managers that you say you love, hate you as soon as you walk out the door cause they had to give you some free thing to try to make you happy cause you bitched so much.  Now. . . That's it for my pointless arguing with you.  I'm sure you'll probably come back with something bad to say about me, my profession, the guys I work with, etc. but that's fine.  I understand that you can't see past your own experiences with several dealers, which I dare say were most likely not ALL as bad as you say they were.  (yes, that was me callin bs on you right there)  But anyway, I'm out.  Gotta get up early for WORK.  Takes a lot of energy screwin people all day.  Apearently that's what I do. . .  Been fun.  
shake.gif
 Oh, and sorry for the thread jackin, but I'm done now.
firedevil.gif
I'm not gonna come back and bash you at all  
winkold.gif
In fact I kinda like your sense of humour  
thumb_up.gif
 Actually I respect you for speaking your mind. The board members...and me included...need to hear something positive about the tech service industry. There's alot of negative info on here concerning service departments...I'm glad a tech is sharing his side.
That being said, I started out with no prejudice whatsoever towards service techs or dealerships. I've grown this way over years of bs. I don't get upset over little things, our brand new vehicles have got plenty of door dings...hood dents...scrapes, scratches, upholstery torn ect which I let slide. But me and my wife getting stranded numerous times in numerous brands of cars from crappy work (thank god for free roadside assistance/towing through our insurance), having techs break parts (like filler necks on $600 gas tanks) then telling us they'll only pay half till we get a lawyer ect. Or caving in fenders on BRAND new cars, then arguing with us hoping we'll go away....then finally fix it. Or creating oil leaks from improperly installed parts/gaskets on brand new cars and telling us to "live " with it? Hell when I was dating my wife the dealership forgot to put oil in her car after a change and the motor burned up. Who paid for that? She did. And believe me the list goes on, and not just with our vehicles..like I said..a book  
sad.gif
 THOSE are the things I become a prick over. What would YOU do in those situations? Bend over and take it?
This is a touchy subject for me....I knew I was being alittle harsh when I posted the first message...but I wanted to vent alittle. Sorry you guys had to pay for somebody elses screw ups  
winkold.gif

Unfortunately though, facts are facts...and the majority of times I've had dealerships work on any vehicle of mine (bike or car) there's been probs...I don't know what else to say  
dunno.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Red one, you are right, I wouldn't just bend over and take those things you mentioned. The only point that I was trying to make was that there are still some good techs out there that try to do right, that fix things if we break them, or replace if neccesary (at the shops expense, not the customer). If they're caving in fenders and ripping seats, etc. they don't need to be in the shop in the first place. Hell, a few months back we had a truck fall off of one of our guy's lifts. You know who payed for the fix? OUR insurance company. Not his. If we had made him use his insurance obviously the monthly would have gone up and all that. But no, it got messed up in our shop, so our shop fixed it. I'm sorry you've had to deal with the kinds of things that you mentioned, just know there IS still some hope of finding a good shop here and there!
beerchug.gif

cursin.gif
cursin.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
argue.gif
argue.gif

rant.gif

winkold.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I worked at a dealership for a good number of years and frankly, I saw none of this.. I did see numerous customers with unrealistic expectations of what a "warranty" should cover.. (I only hit the curb doing 40mph) or "what do you mean it is my responsibility to keep oil in the motor?"

On occasion, factory reps are called in to make "judgment" calls and yes sometimes the customer comes out on the short end of the stick. And maybe they should not have, but no system is 100% and 100% customer satisfaction is also unrealistic as are the expectations of some... I have seen people come in at a year into a warranty after running an engine completely out of oil demanding a brand new car.. (yea gimme a break)

Lumping "your" past experience into an "All of them" statement is a bit offending (not to mention the language you posted on a family friendly forum) to the many people that work their tails off (and most dealership guys work pretty hard).

Save the profanity and the slamming of a group of people for some other kind of thread...
flush.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

laugh.gif

The service manager(Pete)at Ultimate Cycle(Richmond,Virginia) is also the shop owner. I do all my own maintenance and they have been extremely helpful.
    My 08 purchase went so well, and they were so helpful (above and beyond expectations), I bought them a $50.00 Pizza Hut gift certificate. Now they all know me as that nice guy on the 08 Busa that bought us lunch. You should see them run over to help me when I walk in the door!

Facts and figures don't matter

Elvis was the KING of rock and roll
now you might be a better guitar player than Elvis was

but you will NEVER be the KING

Long live the Hayabusa
bowdown.gif

cheers
ken

Back to the orig. topic of this thread. I agree with the statements about riding what you like and feel good on. As a multiple bike owner myself, I feel that bikes are like guns inmore ways than one. You need different guns for different purposes. Bikes are the same way. You are not going to take your Harley or your Busa out to the local moto-cross track and start doing table tops and supermans and what ever else. No you are going to take yoour dirt bike. You are not going to take that same dirt bike out to the Strip and try to run 200MPH. You take the Busa. For me when I want to take back country roads and relax and listen to some tunes and smoke cigs I take my Harley Bagger. When I want to carve up those smae roads I take my Busa. WHen I want to mess around and do wheelies and stoppies and stuff I take the Buell. And just like guns all of these will kill you or someone else if used in an improper way. RIDE what you WILL and never look down on a fellow rider or what they ride. At least they ride.
2cents.gif
brave.gif

I will be devils advocate here...I hate the ZX14..i like what it accomplished though, but daaaayum its FUUGLY!! hahah...it does no scream "sex me" in anyway...not sexy at all...

Doesnt look like it will eat the road up...although it will...its a sleeper in a sense...and i kinda like a little rockstar in my bikes and things...

As far as whats faster...meh...the Hayabusa will always be king to me...just bc of what it has become...

Mainly bc its always what everyone loves to beat and bash...its the Celebrity of bikes..

When i see someone on the ZX`14 i always say to myself...ahh..poor guy...

haha..just to be mean...
smile.gif
doh!!

LONG LIVE THE BUSA U BASTARDS!!!

Back