Busa vs ZX14 - Which is the better bike?

BLACK_KNIGHTS

Registered
Guys,

I came upon a topic posted in www.zx14ninja.com. There's this guy to clobbers the busa and was wondering if he is all facts or just gas? What do you guys conclude?

The author: Lean Me

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:20 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it's gonna come down to the rider.....ok I believe it; NOT!

If some freak on an 08 Busa thinks he got a chance against the ZX he can forget about it. The ZX with it's weight advantage (24 lbs min) is gonna be first across whatever line you draw.

1.2hp more hp over the ZX equals nothing, because: that ain't $hit to begin with but also because Suzuki turned the Busa into a pig.

Why change what alot of people thought of as a 'winner' for such a long time into somehting that'll be a 'loser' by increasing weight. WTF; did Suzuki not weight a ZX before building this pig so they'd have a clue what to aim for and surpass? It makes zero sense to me if they didn't. I think Suzuki believe those who've own Busa's in the past (loyalty) are too stupid to notice the bikes gained 20 lb and will continue to buy regardless of how much weight they add or how poorly it stacks up against other brands (Kawasaki ZX-14). Surely they didn't add 20lbs of motor....

With secondary butterflies removed on a ZX, them Busa Boys don't stand a chance. Heck, even their last model was in a struggle to keep up with my ZX14 (ran with 4 or 5 of them). I've even seen 1000cc bikes run away from them as well. Even sadder is those owners will swap out parts just as we do to lessen some of that weight but we'll continue to be ahead of them by 20lb.

Power to weight ratios cannot be ignored no matter how you slice it.

Phil
__
Custom Painted 2006 ZX-14, Two Bros Carbon Slip-on Exhaust, Power Commander, Flies Removed, Power Outlet, Heli-Bar Risers, Givi Soft Luggage, Zero Gravity Double Bubble.

Happiness isn't around the corner; it IS the corner!

Both are great. Depends on teh situation. It is ALWAYS down to the rider. Drag Strip, Road course race track, street riding, twisties, when would it NOT be down to the rider?

I wonder why Kawasaki guys always have that kind of tude? I RARELY see that in here. Maybe we're not so worried about the size of our junk

Thats what I'm thinking. I bought the busa because I like the looks, like the riding position, and it fits with my style of riding I do. Plus, it fits my great big fat a$$.

if I wanted a penis extension, I'd have had the surgery and saved myself some money.

I like both bikes. Both perform great. I just can not get past that front on the 14. My stealer sells both, he says he sells busas three to one over the kawi. If they would put the concours front on the ninja it might have been a different story.

HATER!! HATER!! HATER!!
guns.gif

He'll die an early, painful death. Grand Mal coronary fueled by stratospheric high blood pressure.

Evidently "Lean Me" forgot to take his meds today.
laugh.gif

You can scrub the forums here and you wont find anyone bad mouthing the ZX or any other ride like that and this is a big part of the reason I got the Hayabusa in the first place..

If you are out there riding alone all the time, it is not going to make any difference except to you what the bike is.

I rode Harleys for a lot of years and found the vast majority of the riders to be good guys.. there was a contingent of "jap crap bike bashers" and they usually lived in trailer courts..

The guys on the Kawasaki bikes are the same way, the vast majority are top notch guys, the very few that would make a post like you copied over here are made by "mommies boys" that likely did not pay for their bike, the insurance or rent on the room in the basement at their parents house.

SO FAR (knock on wood) I have not met a rider here that even remotely resembles these guys... Seems the average Hayabusa rider respects other choices in bikes and riding styles for the most part. Heck if I had to pick a bike based on just the owners, well...

So you take a large group of riders on what has been the undisputed "King of Bikes" since 1999 and you end up with a pretty large family of people with a passion for the sport and the bike, not just a bike...

with that, I think most would be happy with either bike when it gets down to the performance issues. You sort of need to decide what kind of people you want to ride with... Me, I am happy with the bike and the people I have met riding them.

To echo what Randy has said...........look around the board and try to find haters of any bike. You will not find many if any. Sure we love the Busa, but we have members here who have both the new 14 and the Busa, we have harleys, and other brands as well. It is about the ride and people we ride with. The bike is merely the means. The comments posted above were made by a narrow minded person who is lacking something in his life. No bike will ever compare what he rides, ever.
Maybe because I have a Busa, I dont care what others ride. I really didnt care when I owned my previous bikes. I ride alone most of the time anyway, except now for my wife how has her own bike. It was not until I purchased my Busa and started seaching for information on my bike when I stumbled across this wonderful medium we call the oRg. I have found a home here, met some wonderful people that I would do anything for on a moments notice. The weakest link on any motorcycle is what joins the seat to the bars, the person riding it.

the squids always say their bike is the best no matter what.

If you read the rest of the thread you'll notice that no one else really backs up what he wrote. Everyone else knows that the rider is critical.

weight vs peak hp rating only gives you a glimmer of light to the comparison between bikes. One day he might figure things out.

wow..
wowold.gif
..wow..
wowold.gif
..wow..........Trailor courts !!
wtf.gif

What are you saying
rock.gif
?? We own a "manufactured" home as they call them thank you !!!!

and we own Busa's............(my feelings hurt)
sadnews.gif

jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

got ya !!!!

DHonneymoon_Best_Bikes.jpg

wowold.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Both are great.  Depends on teh situation.   It is ALWAYS down to the rider.  Drag Strip, Road course race track, street riding, twisties, when would it NOT be down to the rider?

I wonder why Kawasaki guys always have that kind of tude?  I RARELY see that in here.  Maybe we're not so worried about the size of our junk
It's NOT the size of your JUNK, It's how U use it.
laugh.gif

Jon(Loomis).

The only problem w/ the Busa compared to the 14 I have seen is no George Foreman grills to make burgers. It is FUGLY.

wow..
wowold.gif
..wow..
wowold.gif
..wow..........Trailor courts !!
wtf.gif

What are you saying
rock.gif
?? We own a "manufactured" home as they call them thank you !!!!

and we own Busa's............(my feelings hurt)
sadnews.gif

jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

got ya !!!!
shutup.gif
shutup.gif
shutup.gif
wasnt me wasnt me wasnt me

(I know Harley riders just look for reasons to go beat up rice riders)
rofl.gif

wowold.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

shutup.gif

shutup.gif

When I went to buy a new bike I sat on both the busa and ZX.
I just couldn't get past the looks of the ZX. The busa is just a smoother looking bike. In 2007 one of the magazines, I think it was sport rider, ran a comparision on the two. Both were bone stock except for each had a TRE. The ninja beat the busa in the 1/4 mile by like 2/10s of a second. The busa hit I think it was 192 top end. The ZX did 189. The riders said the aerodynamics of the busa were such that it made the difference for top end, even with a HP handicap. In the quarter, the larger HP ninja had a slight advantage. Both ran the quarter in the high 9s.
I probably gave the magazine away, but I will look and try to find it. The bottom line? Buy what you like. It is your money and your purchase. I will never understand why anybody would buy a harley, but I don't knock them for doing so. If it brings you joy, go for it. Just my 2 cents

With people like that it's not even worth the time to acknowledge them, insecurity and ego always breeds anger.... I find one thing tends to be universally true: the more time you spend telling me how special you are, the less likely you are to have anything to brag about. Happens in regular life too, not just with bikes.

Back