Busa vs ZX14 - Which is the better bike?

There is something all together different about riding a Harley... A big throaty American Twin with gobs of v twin torque is a thrill to ride.. The posture, attitude and feel of the bike are just as unique as the worlds fastest motorcycle is.

I just like the unique ride of most bikes.. it would really suck if all bikes rode the same
smile.gif
one bike I would like to ride is the V8 Bosshog

It's interesting that in this month's Motorcyclist one of the retorts to last months spread on the busa was - "Why don't you ever do a spread on the ZX14 ya bunch of busa-lovers!" (paraphrased.) The response from the ed was - duh - look at the issue in your hands. It has like a 6 or 7 page spread on the ZX14. I must say that the ZX14 has very impressive credentials and I would consider purchsing one if I felt comfy like I do on the Busa.

At the very end of the Ricky Gadson ZX14 article in MC, there were 40 - 1/4 mile passes submitted to MC. 20 on the busa and 20 on the ZX14. The pro rider stated that the bikes were both strapped down in front and a lowering link on the back to keep them under control. And that factory - they couldn't make a difference because they were so close in runs. They said if you looked at the time slips - you would think that they rode 40 passes on the same bike. The ZX14 best time was something like 9.24 at 150mph and the busa was something like 9.23 at 151mph. (I can't find my magazine or I'd give you the exact nums. I'll fix it later.) But it goes to show - um... they're pretty even.

Ricky loves and embraces the ZX14 and based on the feedback everywhere - I can see why. I have a ZX6RR in my garage and I gotta tell ya - the thing is as smooth as silk trans and brake-wise. But I like the feel and the ride of my Busa way better.

This guy Phil or whatever his name is, is out to generate crap - that's all it's about. Nothing he said in that post can't create an edge between these bikes with a little different rider or adjustment. Too bad he doesn't ride for fun instead of for hate. Twit.

I love both bikes and would own both. They're both - the coolest rockets on the planet - no question.

cool.gif

I have to agree. I've ridden harleys, kaws, hondas, bmws, yamahas, and even a couple ducatis and an aprilia.

There are definitely things I liked when I looked at the ZX-14 but it came down to the fact that *I* liked the busa better. Now, that being said, the ZX is still a very nice bike. Some will bash the "george foremans" on the side, etc, but guys, it's still one magnificent machine, and something that you could have only dreamed of seeing on the streets 10 years ago. It mainly comes down to taste.

I have a buddy who has an R1....he loves that bike and has said repeatedly that he has no desire to ever get anything else. Personally, I'm happy that hes found all that he wants in one bike. I feel the same about the busa - I know I'm going to keep this bike for a long time because its all *I* want.

I wont bash someone elses choice in motorcycle at all, because everyone has different tastes, and different things are important to differnt people.
beerchug.gif

Busa-02.jpg

(Source : Bike UK 2008 Jan)

Busa is absolutely a better bike , easy and cheaper solutions for engine modifications , better aerodynamic , better riding position , easy to sell , better quality (both in paint and hardware) .

Busa-02.jpg

(Source : Bike UK 2008 Jan)

Busa is absolutely a better bike , easy and cheaper solutions for engine modifications , better aerodynamic , better riding position , easy to sell , better quality (both in paint and hardware) .
Ya got it all
thumb_up.gif
, and it's big time on the, "It's easy to Sell Part", which is NOT important UNTIL you want to sell it  
laugh.gif
!!! Ya get more money $$$ for it also, no matter what the book and Kawi boys
goodboy.gif
 say  
rofl.gif

With people like that it's not even worth the time to acknowledge them, insecurity and ego always breeds anger....  I find one thing tends to be universally true: the more time you spend telling me how special you are, the less likely you are to have anything to brag about.  Happens in regular life too, not just with bikes.
+1
hello.gif

With people like that it's not even worth the time to acknowledge them, insecurity and ego always breeds anger.... I find one thing tends to be universally true: the more time you spend telling me how special you are, the less likely you are to have anything to brag about. Happens in regular life too, not just with bikes.
here here...

someone is probably gonna ban me from the board for this but IMHO i dont like the new butt of the 08 busa. im still a busa lover but "I" wouldnt get an 08 unless the tail sections are interchangeable. I WILL BE LOOKING THAT UP SOMEDAY WHEN I CAN GET A USED 08

i will ride anything but my money was spent on the busa my frinds ride all kinds of different bikes ride what u like *** women and mopeds r both fun to ride till ur friends c u!

I have to agree. I've ridden harleys, kaws, hondas, bmws, yamahas, and even a couple ducatis and an aprilia.  

There are definitely things I liked when I looked at the ZX-14 but it came down to the fact that *I* liked the busa better.  Now, that being said, the ZX is still a very nice bike.  Some will bash the "george foremans" on the side, etc, but guys, it's still one magnificent machine, and something that you could have only dreamed of seeing on the streets 10 years ago.  It mainly comes down to taste.  

I have a buddy who has an R1....he loves that bike and has said repeatedly that he has no desire to ever get anything else.  Personally, I'm happy that hes found all that he wants in one bike.  I feel the same about the busa - I know I'm going to keep this bike for a long time because its all *I* want.  

I wont bash someone elses choice in motorcycle at all, because everyone has different tastes, and different things are important to differnt people.
beerchug.gif
I have an 04 LE (red) busa and a 14. I think both bikes look good...although I personally think my busa is the better looker  
winkold.gif
  When you paint the fins on the 14 to match the bike tho, it really picks the looks up alot  
thumb_up.gif
 My 14 is by FAR the more comfy bike for my lanky frame tho, I can ride it stock all day with NO pain. My busa's making me hurt after a few hours. And stock for stock the 14 is quicker...and ALOT smoother. The busa handles better tho....much more stable  
thumb_up.gif
 When you pull the flies on the 14 it actually has more low end grunt than the busa...and feels lighter overall. They're both alot of fun and a nice change-up from riding the same bike all the time. I'm not brand loyal...I buy what I like and enjoy them all. There's smack talkers in every forum with every brand/type of bike..I kinda like it...keeps things fun  
laugh.gif

The best part is I get to stick up for both sides....basically argue with myself  
argue.gif

wowold.gif

winkold.gif

I gotta add tho..the new busa's looks just aint workin for me...especially the tail  
rock.gif

thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

A bike is a bike no matter what people say. It has 2 wheels and a throttle. I'm getting older and wiser and yes, being young has alot to do with it because when i was a lil' chap(24), I decided I wanted the R1 over an R6. Had the balls at the time but now I realize I'm not only trying to impress other people, which was stupid, but i was going over my head.

When the dealership here in North Dakota ruined my prestine TL1000R frame, I was bike-less.

http://www.tlzone.net/forums....id.html

At the time I went to my 7-level school in Wichita Falls, Texas (upgrade traing for the  military), I visited both Suzuki and Kawa shops. It came down to the ZX14 or the 07Busa. I walked into the Kawa shop and sat on the White model ZX14 with the flames for about 10 minutes... no one approached me at all. Then i walked over to the Suzuki shop across the street and saw my destiny- 2007 Brand New Black Busa in the window. I didn't even walk into the store yet and a salesman comes outside to greet me and thats all it took- signed the papers and it was shipped to Minnesota. Then when I went back to the Kawa dealer to get into my car because thats where I parked it, a salesman comes outside and asks me did I need any help... I showed him my paperwork and asked him did the price look right to him... It was the final paperwork for the busa and walked away paying $9,100 for a brand new busa. And naturally he got pissed. Dealers are the ones who make things happens and I believe that its the service and attention they give you. Thats just my opinion
beerchug.gif

Both are great. Depends on teh situation. It is ALWAYS down to the rider. Drag Strip, Road course race track, street riding, twisties, when would it NOT be down to the rider?

I wonder why Kawasaki guys always have that kind of tude? I RARELY see that in here. Maybe we're not so worried about the size of our junk
It's NOT the size of your JUNK, It's how U use it.
laugh.gif

Jon(Loomis).
See? Again, down to the rider
rofl.gif

Dealership service departments suck ass...and so do scum sucking dealer sales people. Just as bad as a jingle the keys in the pocket, fast talking, try to screw you every way they can car salesman. I hate motorized vehicle salesmen and the pathetic jokes they call techs worse than anything else on this planet. I've never had the pleasure of meeting a tech or salesman in public....but if I ever do I'm gonna kick the living **** outta there worthless....good for nothing...screw the world for money asses all over the ******* place. I've offered to do it to quit a few of those skags in their businesses...but none of them wanted to step outside and handle it...no matter how much I provoked them. Chickenshit bastards  
cursin.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

argue.gif

And I know they're not all that way, but the 95% that are have ruined it for the rest IMFO  
rant.gif

Ahhh....I feel a little better now  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif
Prolly shoulda said how I really felt tho...just trying to be proper  
laugh.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

laugh.gif

the ZX-14 is a great bike just like the BUSA. I just love the way the Busa looks hands down
+1 on that!! And honestly if those zx-14 boys want to really see what an '08 busa can do then just read the article that BROCK posted on dragbike.com about the bike in testing. The numbers that the bike put up with minimal adjustments made to it will make anyones eyes widen!!
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Dealership service departments suck ass...and so do scum sucking dealer sales people. Just as bad as a jingle the keys in the pocket, fast talking, try to screw you every way they can car salesman. I hate motorized vehicle salesmen and the pathetic jokes they call techs worse than anything else on this planet. I've never had the pleasure of meeting a tech or salesman in public....but if I ever do I'm gonna kick the living **** outta there worthless....good for nothing...screw the world for money asses all over the ******* place. I've offered to do it to quit a few of those skags in their businesses...but none of them wanted to step outside and handle it...no matter how much I provoked them. Chickenshit bastards  
cursin.gif

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

argue.gif

And I know they're not all that way, but the 95% that are have ruined it for the rest IMFO  
rant.gif

Ahhh....I feel a little better now  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif
Prolly shoulda said how I really felt tho...just trying to be proper  
laugh.gif
Need a hug buddy...

cursin.gif

pissed.gif

argue.gif

laugh.gif

My best fried/roommate rides a ZX and I have a Busa, funny thing is, he is a member of the ZX forum and only gets on there to get his questions answered, never small talk b/c of the attitudes that the ZX guys have towards Busa's.... Who knows what their deal is, ride your bike and shut the hell up are my thoughts. But maybe I'm crazy?

Back