TooBadYouSad & ZX-12Drools (wipe your chin!)

OB_shane

Registered
TooBadYouSad & ZX-12Drools (stop sloberin’ on my busa!)

I hope I have your attention. Good.

You can now extinguish your flame throwers as I only made fun of your names to tempt
you to look at this thread. I have a few questions for you pro Kawi guys concerning
my upcoming purchase of either a ZX-12R or a Hayabusa. I have already posed these
questions to OhYeah, but he was only full of *Kawi is King and Suzuki Sucks* and *I’m
a Manly Man and you are a Girly Man* as he essayed to substantiate his argument. Well, maybe those weren’t his exact words, but you have the general idea. While OhYeah’s rhetoric is quite entertaining, I found it wanting as he failed to put forth much of a
position for the 12.

Let me restate some of what I said to OhYeah (you can read the entire thread under
*OhYeah... WhatFor*).

I have a deposit on a 2000 busa. The dealership where I have my deposit is
Kawasaki/Suzuki. When I heard about the rumors of the 12, I asked him if I could switch to the 12 if it turned out to be better than the busa. He said it wouldn't be a problem, but suggested that I still get the busa. I asked him why and he said that the 12 doesn't look to be 'that' much better (pre-release busa bhp 175 to pre-release 12 bhp 180), it's the first year production (possible fixes like the busa experienced), and the busa will have more after market equipment having been out a year more than the 12. He also said the busa would be working easier (larger displacement) to put out the 150-160 rwhp. I plan on putting in a big bore kit after I run through the warranty period and I've seen posts of 3mm over for 1396cc and they claim approx 200 rwhp.

Do you think this would be easier with the 12? I am looking for a reliable 200 rwhp
running on pump gas.

I've bought all my bikes from this dealer and I trust him - so why would either of you
think I should wait and purchase the12? Why would my dealer be steering me towards
the busa?

TooBad and the Drooling One (wipe your chin buddy, your making a mess of my busa), I
am your student. Educate me as to why I should buy the 12. Bear in mind that I can take delivery of the busa this December (I’m getting anxious to own a bike again), and the 12’s release date is not even being speculated yet. Sorry, one more question. Price of the 12? Any guesses? The busa is going to cost me $10,799 (US).

[This message has been edited by shane (edited 03 October 1999).]

I know you're out there. I saw you posting on another thread. By not answering, you're telling everyone that the busa is a better ride and that all of your other posts were just a bunch of hot air.

I'm waiting...

Back