How many busa\'s here are kept stock?

OB_VegasDude

Registered
We are always talking about the zx12 and the busa, which is the fastest stock bike, ect.ect. But who actually leaves their bikes stock? I know i never have. OK, the zx12 purportedly sells for 11,999. thats alittle over 2000 grand than the busa. So the busa owners add full pipe system a power commander for less than a grand and you get approx 15 more rear wheel horse power. Then the guy with the zx12 does the same thing. Now you add the after market rims, which are lighter and better looking for about 2 grand then money wise the busa guy and the zx 12 guys are pretty much even on the money. But the busa is faster. We, busa owners have until april to get our bikes to where we want them to be and then the zx12 has to wait till the after market stuff comes out. By the time the zx12 has aftermarket stuff out, we should have all kinds of mods to make our bikes go faster. So when we do meet up with the 12 and smoke them they will be whining.........As i previoiusly posted i raced a zx11 with 2 over pistons new cams, lightened crank, under cut tranny. The dude spent 4000 on the motor. I beat him so bad that he had to call child abuse. I mean it wasnt even a race. I cant wait till I see my first zx 12.

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 23 January 2000).]

What do you mean by stock? Stock mechanically? I've added a lot of accesories but so far no performance enhance mods. I'm happy the way it performs now who knows about the future.

Steve

I don't think anybody who gets a SuperUltimateHyperBlastoWarpZone bike ever leaves it deadnuts stock.

Even if it's just slip-ons...

Stevec, with all respect, one day you will race a busa with a full exhaust, and power commader2 like i did. You will not be satisfied with your performance then. I raced the modified busa, got beat bad. I went home call star cycle and ordered the parts and with the help of Bob and others had the stuff on in a week. Raced my buddy and we were even. I am now happy with how fast this bad boy is........until next time.........I got the dymag rims and raced my buddy and pulled him by 1 bike length now im faster.........and happier.......hehe

Im ashamed to admit mine is painfully stock-
GenMar, DIDVM, Sprockets, and Zero Gravity Double Bouble coming in the mail-
I may get double pipes when they come out. ducmanic

Be not ashamed oh Ducmanic
For thy chain and thy sprockets
Redeemeth thee

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 22 October 1999).]

Mines stock. I have a PCII but it doesn't do anything I can feel. I'll get some pipes in the spring. I'm shooting for the Okra-povics. (Akrapovics?). I spent a damn fortune on leathers.

- 4" x 6" magnetic tank protector (black)
- sidestand mod
seat of the pants estimate +12 hp

next year I might get a bigger tank protector, especially if the ZX12 lives up to the hype.

[This message has been edited by sherm (edited 22 October 1999).]

when i get mine(very soon) i'll go with a full exhaust, maybe more will be ready by spring( M4 or hindle) whatever is lighter and most powerful i'll go with, with that will come remapping and airbox mod and air filter. then next year hopefully some headwork and bigbore power.

maniac

Jeff that is Oprah-Povich, with Connie tweaking the map mods.

M4 is available now, but only as a low pipe version.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 23 October 1999).]

Mine is plain stock,no aftermarket pipes no mods yet.When and if I get beat by any car or another motorcycle that is when I'll add the parts on.Question for everyone,has anyone changed their air filter yet and if so did you go stock or bought a aftermarket filter and at what mileage did you change your filter?If you did use after market filter what brand did you buy and what was the cost?Thanks for any reply

I plan on keeping the stock exhaust on my
bike. I have on my last 3 bikes, 87'FZR1000
90'FZR1000 and TLS1000. On the street, I personally don't like the loudness of an aftermarket pipe. I also feel the slight
gain in HP isn't worth the extra noise. Everyone, especially the police, can hear
you coming before you arrive. I don't
disturb my neighbors early in the morning
and I don't attract unwanted attention from the cops. But that's just me.

As for the ZX12, even if it makes the claimed
five more HP, the better rider will win on either bike. 5 HP at 180 HP is less than 3%.
It's not even worth debating.

BTW, I weighed my Bus on a scale the other day, 520 pounds with a 1/4 tank of gas. I'll
bet the weight is within 3% of the 12 too.

[This message has been edited by MagicBus (edited 24 October 1999).]

After riding another Summer day in Californias twisties, stock is definitely all I need. If I were to take the bike on a track and start racing modifications would be needed. But on the streets, you can't even use all of the stock power. I believe FC proved this to all. He definitely couldn't handle all of the Busas power. Stock is great, and costs less.

I'm mechanically stock and plan to stay that way indefinitely on the 2000. Just a few little odds and ends like risers, windscreen, tank protector, V1 ....

mine is all stock.NOW.i would like to pipe it but who makes the best power?does yosh offer the cams yet?anyone make a turbo yet?what is the best mods to do?my buddys have busa's we raced and i pulled away from both of them.one is all stock.the other has a micron full pipe and remaping done.oh yea he is a little heavier than i(50lbs).its winter up here in NY.i know they are up to modifing now.HELP i want more PPPPPPPOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEERRRRRRRR..... email..kal1100@aol.com later

Mine's all stock right now, and will remain so until I find a way to make my Bandit 400 keep up with the SV650's at the track (read: getting pummeled out there). As soon as that's taken care of, the 340hp turbo kit was looking kinda nice... Dropped it into second gear on the freeway and opened up the throttle. The power this bike has in stock form still amazes me!

Back