Isnt it funny Suzuki VS Kawasaki

OB_hiabuser

Registered
well slurpee, first of all, the zx-12, while a nice bike, has yet to prove its self. firstly, while admitadely attractive, it certainly doesn't look to have the aerodynamics to make it a 200 mph machine. my guess from info and pics i've been privy to are that this will be one incredible handling bike with mega power, but a hayabusa eater? hmmmm, well, it will be something, but i think it's a long ways from being a hayausa eater. secondly, coops, the r-1 and zx-9r, also great bikes, do not, i repeat DO NOT stand a chance against the hayabusa up to the speeds you've indicated. i've been there, done that. not even the mighty zx-11 could even come close to holding it's own against my hayabusa. while it is a heavy bike, (in terms of sporty type bikes) it still handles exceptionally well. thirdly, as far as kawasaki leading the envelope of performance for street bikes all along, gotta stop smoking that crack. in 1986 (1985 in europe) suzuki came out with the first gsxr 750. stunned the world. up until the whale of a water cooled 93 gsxr 750 came along, the comparable 750's just couldn't compete. well, kawasaki came up with the MORE EXPENSIVE zx 7rr and it was a bit better than the heavy assed 93 gixxer, however, once again, in 1996, just ten years later, zuki did it again. blew the doors off everything in it's class with the new gixxer 750. well, i think i have said enough on that matter. my main contention here is this: bikes are cool, bikes are great, bikes are fun. let's have some fun and stop this bull debating. if you can't say something nice on the message board who bears the name of the hayabusa, then go to a zx-11 board and talk the smack. obviously you have some interest in the busa or you wouldn't have been here to begin with. much less took the time to get a registry. so, as you see the tail end of that busa pulling inevitably away from you, keep this in mind, he will be thinking, "objects in mirror no longer matter" wooo hooooo
mike

Isnt it funny that you Eye-abusa owners are celebrating the 'fastest bike on the planet' when it took Suzuki over 10 years to claim the title? Suzuki couldnt compete in the 1100 market so they had to go to 1300cc to compete with bikes of lower size. I find that funny. Any way celebrate while you can...Kawasaki has unleashed the beast and it has your name stamped on the ass end! Getting dogged by a 1200 is going to be like getting your but kicked by a little brother..(humiliating)
Take care and see ya on the road. (Actually yall will see me, and I will only catch a glimpse of you in my rearview as I wave bye to you and leave you in the dust.)
Slurpee --- The PROUD owner of the bike that set the industry standard and held the record and title of WORDLS FASTEST MOTORCYCLE
for over 7 years, Monster Modified ZX-11D

we'll kick your ass with the busa stock
let alone with a few mods
the 7 year old zx11d is a has been
with no suspension whatsoever
the zx12 will be another story
so...
we'll modify again

until then
bite me
greg

Oh yeah well NEXT year you just MAY have a faster bike with the Kawasaki. But this is not next year is it. So your stuck with that 600lb dinosaur for now. So dont talk about smoking anybodys ass until then.

Then MAYBE, just MAYBE you will be equal. But I really dont think the Kaw can beat 9.82 and 200.2 MPH. It may however be close however and lighter for sure.

Until then get your rootie pootie candy ass out of my House. The DOG HOUSE Before I lay the Smack Down on you.

Don
RoadDog

Well Slurp you do have a point. Kawasaki has always been the leader in streetbike performance until now. But let us have a lttle fun for a change. We know that Kawasakis Y2K beast will probably outdo the the Bus but for now we have the fame and the title.

SLURPEE: I got to admit, that is very
childish. We are all motorcyclists,
regardless what type of bike we ride.
Do not ruin it for everyone. I myself own
zx-1000a1 and now a proud owner of a busa.
Life is made to enjoy,and everyone has
preferences. Keep your idiotic attitude
out of here.
Dave!!!

I'll keep my ZX11 for a couple of years yet. I was tempted by the Busa but if does look a bit ugly guys. Some tests have shown that the zuke is quick above 200km/h but a zx9r or R1 will basically match it up to this speed. By the way stock zx9rs have regularly seen the 9 second zone. How do you guys find the comfort. I was told it is was no good for touring. I was also told it has a wicked sounding starter motor?

Cheers

Coops

The busa is not only fast it is very comfortable and it handle great you can ride it all day and not be tired,it is finally nice owning a bike that does all, thank you suzuki great job.

I would like to know the ages and IQ of some of folks that make these silly foulmouthed posts. This is uncalled for and the moderater should not allow X-rated language here. I cant even allow my family to look in here. I respect my wife and children and cant share this site with them like I would like to. Why cant we all just get along?

As an Australian, who enjoys bikes for what they are, (I own Hondas, Kawas, had Yamies and Suzis) I now ride a ZZR. (ZX11 in US).
I enjoy it and have ridden with CBRs but not Hyabusa yet. I don't care who has the fastest bike, now, then, ever. All I know is that I can lose my license on any of these bikes for a verrrrrry long time. But do I care? NOOOOO.
Enjoy your rides and stop the petty bickering.

Hayabusa's uglee.
New ZX-12 is uglee.
Blackbird is so-so.
ZZ-R has the most style and is the most versatile. If you want a sports bike buy a ZX-9R or R1. If you like power touring buy a Blackbird or, preferrably, a ZZ-R.

Somebody tell me what's the Hayabusa then ? It's too heavy for a sportsbike and too brutal for easy touring, something the ZZ-R is very good at. Besides that, the Haya consumes fuel as a motherfucker and wears a BT56 off before you can spell it's name...

GUYS!!!! Didnt mean to get yall in an uproar. And WATCH the language! I was just razzing you, but for those who have egos that bruise easily...(ROTT) Stay out of the fast lane! Any way, Suz did a good job on the aerodynamics of the busa, and from what I have read it seems to be a pretty stout bike, BUT for those who think their stock busa will eat my ZX-11HYPERBIKE Bring on the noise. And to those who understand the importance of fast motorcycles and a little razzing, take care and keep it real....REAL FAST that is..
Slurpee

Actually, Erno (?), the Busa is pretty damn comfortable and able to be thrown into a curve very easily, belying it's weight and size. It feels every bit as capable as the TL1000R did in the curves and braking, while adding the awesome power of the Busa...mileage is tolerable and the rear tire is our fault...or maybe Suzuki's for choosing Bridgestone instead of Michelin or Dunlop.

Slurpee...

Only someone that has fallen behind would need to justify it by making the comments you're making....

This doesn't even take into account the fact that the ZX-12 has no SOUL...it's like the difference between a Miata (AND Kawi) and a BMW Z3 M-series (the Busa)...both will get you there, but good God! Get some style on that ZX-12...it looks like ass, just like the ZX-11 did.

AND, I believe that the GSXR-1100 set the standard long before Kawi brought out a ZX-11...

I have to agree that the 1300 is tops for now. The ZX12 poster is just like these guys I dust on my CBR1100. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Hey it don't matter who you are because someone is always faster than you. Run what you brung. I have to admit that the 1300 is quicker than the R1 and ZX9 especially from a roll. My XX isn't stock. But cheers to Suzuki for building a great bike. Running a 9 on anything takes a lot of skill. Joe Average just isn't going to do it. I think I hurt this guy's feelings when he lost. I'm sure I'll get beat by a good rider at the dragstrip and that's fine too. I've been losing to a lot of bikes out there. But just remember that while you can boast about being the quickest and fastest that it takes more than a machine to get the numbers. I run at Baytown (Houston) TX - hope to see some of these monsters out there soon. I only run 10.1s@137s. And bleieve it or not the XX suffers the same problem with the clutch out of the hole. Can't launch over 4000 rpm on mine. But at least you guys have a fix. The Honda clutch just sucks!

Man, what a bunch of over sensitive babys, getting on this Kawasaki dude just for being a loyal Ninja owner. This is exactly the kind of trash talking that makes owning any of these superbikes fun! We do it all the time and have a blast. Men are boys and boys will be boys. Leave you sensitive side in the bedroom, this is a war zone! have fun.

Hey slurp, will your bike idle sitting at a stop light? Can you cruise it down the street without getting arrested? I find it funny that you are comparing a highly modified zx11 to a stock busa. As for the zx12 beating the busa next year, good luck! Is it possible? Of course it is. But I'll bet there are a bunch of kawasaki engineers committing hari kari trying. Keep in mind that kawa and honda have been dawdling around mid 170's for years. Suzuki just raised the bar a whole bunch by creeping up on 200 (depending on what info you believe).

Either way, there is no way that the zx12 will be a busa killer. At least by my standards. The busa slaps everthing out there in top speed, but I don't consider mine an R1 or 9R killer. 1/4 mile times are within a coule of tenths of a second. I don't consider that a KILL. I am fully expecting the zx12 to top the busa's numbers because I don't think they will release it if it can't. (That would be admitting that they can't top suzuki.) So when the busa goes 200mph and the zx12 goes 202 WHO CARES.
Either one is still going to beat 99.99% of the other bikes out there, And probably that other .01% on a good day. We all love fast bikes here and would probably be impressed with your bike if we saw it. But to come to a busa board and start talking smack just shows low class.

Low class? I think not! I was having FUN...That is what riding a sportbike is all about! As far as comparing my modified ZX to your Busa...The busa is 1300cc's and the ZX is 1100cc's but I do believe (the numbers already show) the the ZX-12 will eat the Busa1300. Have fun, if you want to dog my bike...Fine but dont dog me. keep it real...
REAL FAST...
Slurpee

Yo bro's, both Steves and Steve Clayton are right. There's nothing wrong with some good old Suzuki/Honda/Kawa-bashing, because that's what all the fun's about-at least for me!

Maybe all of us can rendez-vous at a nice piece of highway somewhere, burn some rubber and have a few beers afterwards...

peace out!

Back