Busa vs ZX14 - Which is the better bike?

I have seen people come in at a year into a warranty after running an engine completely out of oil demanding a brand new car.. (yea gimme a break)
Not to add flame to the fire or anything, but how do you possibly run a 1 year old car out of oil?

The oldest vehicle I have that I bought new is a 2000 Tacoma (that now has about 120,000 on it). It's had a supercharger on it from new and currently has 39.5" Boggers for tires. I never even check the oil in it (even though I should) because when I change the oil in it I check it and it's exactly where I put it last time.

I think if I had a year old car that ran out of oil, I'd expect it to be fixed too. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Toyota.

I have seen people come in at a year into a warranty after running an engine completely out of oil demanding a brand new car.. (yea gimme a break)
Not to add flame to the fire or anything, but how do you possibly run a 1 year old car out of oil?

The oldest vehicle I have that I bought new is a 2000 Tacoma (that now has about 120,000 on it). It's had a supercharger on it from new and currently has 39.5" Boggers for tires. I never even check the oil in it (even though I should) because when I change the oil in it I check it and it's exactly where I put it last time.

I think if I had a year old car that ran out of oil, I'd expect it to be fixed too. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Toyota.
at the risk of stepping
offtopic.gif
again...

You should check the oil in your car "once in awhile"
you should "change" the oil in your car "once in awhile"

Arizona is a harsh environment of any vehicle (note that almost every car maker in the country along with many international companies) have test tracks in AZ.. Running a car out of oil in 20,000 miles is not hard to do. Average oil consumption is at least 1 qt in 4-6k miles due to the heat.

Compound that with any type of leak you may develop? If you "read" your owners manual or any "rational" book on "how to take care of your car" you should be checking the tires and oil at every fuel stop.. or lets make this easier, once a month, or maybe to the extreme 1 time per oil change? (3 months or 3K miles)

The "dumbing" down of America has gone way to far already... (sue McD's for hot coffee)

Red one, you are right, I wouldn't just bend over and take those things you mentioned.  The only point that I was trying to make was that there are still some good techs out there that try to do right, that fix things if we break them, or replace if neccesary (at the shops expense, not the customer).  If they're caving in fenders and ripping seats, etc. they don't need to be in the shop in the first place.  Hell, a few months back we had a truck fall off of one of our guy's lifts.  You know who payed for the fix?  OUR insurance company.  Not his.  If we had made him use his insurance obviously the monthly would have gone up and all that.  But no, it got messed up in our shop, so our shop fixed it.  I'm sorry you've had to deal with the kinds of things that you mentioned, just know there IS still some hope of finding a good shop here and there!
beerchug.gif
Thanks for the reasonable exchange of dialogue with me GM..even tho my original post was in anger and I came off a little harsh
winkold.gif
I know there's good techs out there too....unfortunately I haven't reallly got to experience as much of that as I'd like
sad.gif
Oh well. I do know of a DAMN good local bike tech that I use for the few things I don't do on my bikes
winkold.gif
laugh.gif
thumb_up.gif
I just need to find a shop I can trust for the cars...........
How come the good guys I meet on here are never local? lol

winkold.gif

Red one, you are right, I wouldn't just bend over and take those things you mentioned.  The only point that I was trying to make was that there are still some good techs out there that try to do right, that fix things if we break them, or replace if neccesary (at the shops expense, not the customer).  If they're caving in fenders and ripping seats, etc. they don't need to be in the shop in the first place.  Hell, a few months back we had a truck fall off of one of our guy's lifts.  You know who payed for the fix?  OUR insurance company.  Not his.  If we had made him use his insurance obviously the monthly would have gone up and all that.  But no, it got messed up in our shop, so our shop fixed it.  I'm sorry you've had to deal with the kinds of things that you mentioned, just know there IS still some hope of finding a good shop here and there!
beerchug.gif
Thanks for the reasonable exchange of dialogue with me GM..even tho my original post was in anger and I came off a little harsh  
winkold.gif
 I know there's good techs out there too....unfortunately I haven't reallly got to experience as much of that as I'd like  
sad.gif
 Oh well. I do know of a DAMN good local bike tech that I use for the few things I don't do on my bikes  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

thumb_up.gif
 I just need to find a shop I can trust for the cars...........
How come the good guys I meet on here are never local? lol
No problem boss. I hope you find a shop that you enjoy dealin with. As for why the good ones are never local. . . Not sure. I guess you just live in the wrong town.
laugh.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

I ride with a good friend that has a 14. We've done several roll-ons and we seem to be equal in that category. I have noticed that as I've become more familiar with my busa, I leave him behind in the corners/twisties. Even in the high speed sweepers he falls way back. About a month ago we swapped bikes on one of our favorite roads. I must say I was completely disappointed in the way the 14 handled... I know bikes can be different, however, his front end seemed a mile away and when I entered corners at 100-110 the 14 flet like it was going to hinge in the middle of the frame. I tried several different approaches but nothing helped, the 14 absolutely sucked in handleing. It had great power but only in a straight line. The brakes were excellent also.
My .02
Nick

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
stnick @ Jan. 10 2008 said:
1262961[/ATTACH] PM]
I ride with a good friend that has a 14. We've done several roll-ons and we seem to be equal in that category. I have noticed that as I've become more familiar with my busa, I leave him behind in the corners/twisties. Even in the high speed sweepers he falls way back. About a month ago we swapped bikes on one of our favorite roads. I must say I was completely disappointed in the way the 14 handled... I know bikes can be different, however, his front end seemed a mile away and when I entered corners at 100-110 the 14 flet like it was going to hinge in the middle of the frame. I tried several different approaches but nothing helped, the 14 absolutely sucked in handleing. It had great power but only in a straight line. The brakes were excellent also.
My .02
Nick
The 14's no busa in the handling department  
winkold.gif
 I stiffened my 14's suspension up and it helped alot. Its still too floaty in the corners to be as confidence inspiring for me as my busa. But for a long ride its WAYYY more comfy than the busa. They're designed for slightly diff purposes I think. The 14's more sport tourer and the busa's more sport. I'm fine with it....but if you owned just one I can see how it would be a little tougher to choose.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back