A little sad feeling

c10

Registered
No RJ ( Busa ) for 5 months now . Yesterday I searched the web again for a bit looking for him . Kick it off with my brother announced to me last week he is going to sell the 2015 ( 39xx miles ) Hayabusa , and has asked me to place it back to stock . Exhaust swap , APEX 6 wheel removal to OE wheels on new rubber .
While the Tiger 1200 is truly a awesome bike , and climbed my motorcycle ladder to the top spot it still leaves 1 thing missing .
Online prices for used Gen 2 units are ridiculous as many asking what was paid for new !
His reasoning on sale is he just does not ride it like he had planned , and with the ZX11D finished his heart is there .

I'm now kicking the proverbial can around in my head on how long do I wait to order a Gen 3 for my garage .
The Tiger has won a forever home for touring , commuting , daily riding , off road duties . So a Gen 3 will simply be the itch scratcher .
While by no means will it acquire mods like RJ did ( has many from the factory now ) Think just a Bagster tank bag , and leather covered seat for the win .
Teamed with a @Boosted Cycle Perf ECU flash as by that time he will be into the Gen 3's .

Well enough rambling on for the morning . Carry on my friends :)

Well......you poured your heart and soul into RJ and he returned that with putting a smile on your face as well as providing great advice to the rest of us.

Hard to put a price on happiness, some try, lots fail...

A gen 3 Hayabusa in your hands would be a great thing but for you to say it will mostly remain stock made me chuckle....SURE it would.....:lol:

Wow, it's 5 months already? Seems like only yesterday you shocked us all by selling RJ.
But the fact you're still looking and thinking means there's a itch that needs scratching.. Or a gap needs filling. We look forward to joining you on the journey. :beerchug:

...I got to thinking and there have been bikes I regretted selling as soon as they were loaded up and rolling out of my driveway.....I'm sure when the day comes and this yellow and black beastie waves good bye I will have that feeling...

buy-now-GIF.gif

Bryan, to me, it’s a no brainer.... forget the Gen 3, BUY YOUR BROTHERS GEN 2!!!!
It’s got all the essential stuff on it already.
Did it cross your mind?
Yeah it's been on his mind for awhile now, he made a comment awhile back about the possibility of ending up with it. @c10 I know u said u kind of looked for rj but did you actually contact where you traded it in at?? I know exactly what your feeling cause I traded my srad in when I got the busa and tried to get a few friends to go get it but they all waited too long. Thing is it really had me mad when I seen it listed for double what they have me so I wanted to send someone in to point out all the things I knew was "wrong" with it and make them do the price. After it sold i started watching Craigslist and stuff looking for it to show up and still do one in awhile but I know someone probably laid it down and scrapped it long ago.

My brothers bike has some nice Stuff , and with 38xx miles last time I turned it on is tempting being like a New gen 2 . However its booking for nearly 10K stock add the wheels he's getting more than I can just pay cash for by a good bit . My current plan is to keep saving , and let the big fan fair settle a bit on the new Gen 3's . I have a good dealer where we bought the Triumph's who won't jerk me around .
I almost put down a deposit to get the Jacket , and stuff from Suzuki , but leave the bike lol .

Yeah it's been on his mind for awhile now, he made a comment awhile back about the possibility of ending up with it. @c10 I know u said u kind of looked for rj but did you actually contact where you traded it in at?? I know exactly what your feeling cause I traded my srad in when I got the busa and tried to get a few friends to go get it but they all waited too long. Thing is it really had me mad when I seen it listed for double what they have me so I wanted to send someone in to point out all the things I knew was "wrong" with it and make them do the price. After it sold i started watching Craigslist and stuff looking for it to show up and still do one in awhile but I know someone probably laid it down and scrapped it long ago.
It's always sad when you find out a bike you owned was dropped or abused...

This happened to a couple bikes I sold off however my GSXR ended up in a museum-not because I owned it but because it came with 2 sets of fairings (race and street) and I had the presence of mind to keep both.

No RJ ( Busa ) for 5 months now . Yesterday I searched the web again for a bit looking for him . Kick it off with my brother announced to me last week he is going to sell the 2015 ( 39xx miles ) Hayabusa , and has asked me to place it back to stock . Exhaust swap , APEX 6 wheel removal to OE wheels on new rubber .
While the Tiger 1200 is truly a awesome bike , and climbed my motorcycle ladder to the top spot it still leaves 1 thing missing .
Online prices for used Gen 2 units are ridiculous as many asking what was paid for new !
His reasoning on sale is he just does not ride it like he had planned , and with the ZX11D finished his heart is there .

I'm now kicking the proverbial can around in my head on how long do I wait to order a Gen 3 for my garage .
The Tiger has won a forever home for touring , commuting , daily riding , off road duties . So a Gen 3 will simply be the itch scratcher .
While by no means will it acquire mods like RJ did ( has many from the factory now ) Think just a Bagster tank bag , and leather covered seat for the win .
Teamed with a @Boosted Cycle Perf ECU flash as by that time he will be into the Gen 3's .

Well enough rambling on for the morning . Carry on my friends :)
Buy your brothers bike.:beerchug:

Bryan, I laughed as I read this. Feel for ya, buddy. It sucks not having a Hayabusa in the garage. There's just something not right with the universe when that happens.

And this coming from a guy that bought the same bike four different times over a period of 20 years. AND, recently spent a 1000-mile weekend on the Tiger, same bike you have, same color even. Not the same.

Despite owners wanting crazy prices for their used bikes, price drops for a used 2022 have been dramatic, most recent was $14.5k for a 2022 in silver with 375 miles in SoCal. And that's dealer, not private. Prices just keep dropping for a Gen-III.

If your intent is a brand new Gen-III, bold new colors! :laugh:

1673746858834.png

Bryan, I laughed as I read this. Feel for ya, buddy. It sucks not having a Hayabusa in the garage. There's just something not right with the universe when that happens.

And this coming from a guy that bought the same bike four different times over a period of 20 years. AND, recently spent a 1000-mile weekend on the Tiger, same bike you have, same color even. Not the same.

Despite owners wanting crazy prices for their used bikes, price drops for a used 2022 have been dramatic, most recent was $14.5k for a 2022 in silver with 375 miles in SoCal. And that's dealer, not private. Prices just keep dropping for a Gen-III.

If your intent is a brand new Gen-III, bold new colors! :laugh:

View attachment 1660661
I agree, RJ needs to be reborn in a new image.....

Bryan ( @c10 ) can then guide Gen 3 owners on how to get it weighing less and going faster...same as he did with our gen 2s...

.....and I miss the videos....

I do not have the time to do another build . I sat on another Gen 3 in gun metal grey Saturday . Nice , but knees bent to much .
That would start the Snow ball effect. The Tiger 1200XCX has spoiled me on shaft drive / single sided swing arm / Center stand .
My next bike will be a BMW R1250RS . 536 lb wet , 105 Tq , 136 hp . No Busa but has the stand , arm , shaft drive .
Rode one last month , and the low boxer center of gravity is like riding a Ninja 300 that weighs nothing .
These are saved images from the net of the BMW R1250RS . I already own the SHAD cases for the BMW

shad-luggage-review-sh57-sh36-top-side-case-motorcycle-touring-bmw-r-1250-rs-9.jpg

R1250RS with top case oem.jpg

shad-luggage-review-sh57-sh36-top-side-case-motorcycle-touring-bmw-r-1250-rs-6.jpg

Back