Sad Day, Siezed Engine

I’ve considered black powder shooting. Just looks fun, and to think that was the “assault” weapon of its time. ;)

He had a few, one was a .54 cal Hawken, it sure packed a wallop and very accurate too. He had a .58 cal single pistol, I've never shot it. there are a couple .38 cal singles and the .44 cal single action army.

I recall when I was young a family friend was scoffing at the black and powder guns saying his 30-06 had a bigger kick than the .54 cal. Dad loaded it up to max grains of powder and put a conical round in it... When this guy shot it, he almost got spun around and he said his shoulder hurt for a few days...

Lots of work but fun to shoot....

The one on the wall is a .20cal silverstreak. It was my dads when he was still here. I refinished most of the stock and found pellets for it. Have to order a seal kit as it leaks down but I can hit dimes at 30 feet with it. The other was a 177 BB gun my cousin had. Took a few days to get about 15 pellets out of the barrel. Was looking into a newer style 22cal air rifle to cull the squirrels and plink with.
I used to have that very same Sheridan 5mm when I was a kid. Dispatched many a Starling with it. Sorry to derail the Mower rebuild thread!

Just got done rebuilding the Mower deck on my old lawn tractor. Had to weld in some new steel where it had gotten seriously perforated over the last 20 years. Say what you want about B&S engines, mine (18hp Intek twin) has been bulletproof for a lot of abuse in the last 20!

I’ve considered black powder shooting. Just looks fun, and to think that was the “assault” weapon of its time. ;)
I have an old .45 cal. Kentucky rifle I built from a CVA kit as a kid. Absolute tack driver from day one. 7oz Pop cans at 100 yards was nothing. Before I met my wife I used to clean the barrel in the bathtub

Well it was a good run fellas. Had her for 6 years now, always bathed, rarely abused, oil changed regularly. Evens always opted for the good gas but she quit living the dream 3 days ago. Can’t afford a new one so tore her apart to see the damage. Not as bad as I thought. Rod melted to the crank. I polished out the crank and it’s smooth now. Ordered a new rod and gasket. Hopefully she will run good afterwards.

I really liked this lawnmower

View attachment 1619392

View attachment 1619393

View attachment 1619394

View attachment 1619395

This woulda never happened had you used the best oil for it :poke::laugh::beerchug:

Back