noticed problem need advice

Kahunas

Registered
Hello org i have been busy working my tail off and just the other day i pull the bike out for some decent weather and notice that she (zora) lol didnt have any oil im only guessing on how much wasnt in there ..because i have put about 3 quarts in her and still not full ....im thinking either

A: sabotage ......only likely because there wasnt any fluids on floor

B: oil ferry needed some for the oil furnace cause she was cold over the winter or

C: i have a oil burn issue after a engine rebuild from the stealership

so my question is if im burning oil would a valve adjustment fix this or is it possible i have bigger issues
....the rebuild was a new crank one rod new bearing in said rod cam chain adjuster gaskets(of course) and i think that covers it as what i can remember... thanks guys i am:bowdown: to your greatness and wisdom

Just a question, but I have to ask, was the bike standing up right when you checked the sight glass? If she is on the side stand you wont see any oil in the glass even if it has the proper amount of oil in it.

..because i have put about 3 quarts in her and still not full

You know it takes more than 3 quarts, right? I'm not 100% sure that's even enough to show up in the glass if you have the bike level.

so my question is if im burning oil would a valve adjustment fix this or is it possible i have bigger issues
....the rebuild was a new crank one rod new bearing in said rod cam chain adjuster gaskets(of course) and i think that covers it as what i can remember... thanks guys i am:bowdown: to your greatness and wisdom

Put the bike on a stand and see what it looks like or have someone sit on the bike holding it straight up while you look at it.

Valves have nothing to do with oil loss. You have no leaks. If you still have an oil issue, pull the plugs and see what they look like. I'm thinking you won't get that far.

ok sorry my post makes me look stupid sorry ...yes i know how to check the oil :laugh: sight glass ok no valves ok i will check the plugs and get back to you as soon as i find the guy that stole them from my shed .......thanks guys and just to say it takes 4 and a half quarts according to suzuki i just dont know how 4and a half quarts would go over the winter ...oil change was done before i put her up for the winter.
just odd

Can you check the oil on a stand? I always thought it should be "flat footed"....

...ie bad rings maybe

Oil shouldn't be getting to the valves unless your rings are bad.... :down:

Can you check the oil on a stand? I always thought it should be "flat footed"....
I do after every change. It might make a slight difference but not enough to matter. Remember most stands only bring the tire two to three inches off the floor

Sabotage. You said you changed the oil and put her up. After checking and making sure the bike has oil take her around the block and check her again. You might not notice a quart every oil change but 4 quarts in a few miles will definitely be noticeable. You'll look like you're spraying for bugs. And yes that would be rings.

It's hard to imagine someone repaired the motor and let it go out the door like that.

It's hard to imagine someone repaired the motor and let it go out the door like that.

well its not suprising we have one dealership and i bought the bike and it blew a rod ...the bearing was shot bent the crank ...sorry bent rod ...and they wanted me to pay for it ....it was out of the thirty days because they took thier sweet time diagnosing it when i told them it was a rod ...they said oh no its just your cam chain tensioner ...but by the end of it the owner made it right .....fact i learned is the guy that did the work no longer works there so idk if he was that good of a mechanic ...so i want to do as much work myself from now on ...i know this is a long post ...i have alot of friends that are mechanicly inclined but not on bikes ..so i come to you guys lol for advice :please: thnks guys

Back