Engine torn down...damage assessed...have questions

Yeah...after looking into cost to replace vs. repair it wouldn't make any sense to repair it. I just picked up a crank with rods for $130 shipped to my door. It'd cost almost $400 to repair the crank I've got.

Next items on the list are a case and piston rings...I think I've found the cheapest resource for bearings:

Factory Main Bearings GSXR 1000 or Hayabusa
Factory Rod Bearings GSXR 1000 or Hayabusa

If anyone can find them any cheaper let me know.

Are the bolts on the crank end of the connecting rod one time use?

Yeah...after looking into cost to replace vs. repair it wouldn't make any sense to repair it. I just picked up a crank with rods for $130 shipped to my door. It'd cost almost $400 to repair the crank I've got.

Next items on the list are a case and piston rings...I think I've found the cheapest resource for bearings:

Factory Main Bearings GSXR 1000 or Hayabusa
Factory Rod Bearings GSXR 1000 or Hayabusa

If anyone can find them any cheaper let me know.

Are the bolts on the crank end of the connecting rod one time use?

That's good pricing on the bearings! Just remember that main are sold as each, not in pairs!

As for the rods they are re usable!

But what abou the damage to the case, from the spun bearing?

And are you going to size the bearings your self, or is a machine shop doing it?

GIXERHP - I plan to size them myself. Anything special I should take into consideration?

As for the case I'll be replacing it.

Slatroni - I saw some good deals but I've got an undercut transmission so not looking to do a complete teardown on a low mileage motor to swap gear sets.

Just follow the manual!

As for sizing go with the rule mains tight, and rods loose!

Back