I need a recommended shop for engine build

alexander66

Registered
I am in the Reno Nevada area; I need a recommended shop for engine build. I have a 05 Busa with 36,000 miles on it and I ready for an engine build; I will be mainly running the bike of the street with the occasional track outing. My plan is to go with a 1397 kit and Gen 2 crank. :banghead:

I am in the Reno Nevada area; I need a recommended shop for engine build. I have a 05 Busa with 36,000 miles on it and I ready for an engine build; I will be mainly running the bike of the street with the occasional track outing. My plan is to go with a 1397 kit and Gen 2 crank. :banghead:

To bad I haven't moved up that way yet or I would help you out..........w

Scoot Horner isn't too far away from you.

Heads up Performance (Scott Horner)
270 West Cottage Dr
Sandy, Utah 84070
(702) 204-4505

He builds mostly Turbo Busas for LSR & sand rails. Definitely knows his way around Hayabusas plus he has an in house dyno so he can finish it up with a super tune!

Sorry. It's "Scott" Horner

270 West Cottage Dr
Sandy, Utah 84070
(702) 204-4505

He builds mostly Turbo Busas for LSR & sand rails. Definitely knows his way around Hayabusas plus he has an in house dyno so he can finish it up with a super tune!

Sorry. It's "Scott" Horner

270 West Cottage Dr
Sandy, Utah 84070
(702) 204-4505

This is true, Scott is an excellent builder.

I have asked around in the Reno area with no good results, my next step would be Sacramento California or Las Vegas area, I am willing to ship the bike to get it done.

I have asked around in the Reno area with no good results, my next step would be Sacramento California or Las Vegas area, I am willing to ship the bike to get it done.

Reno to Vegas and Reno to Salt Lake are about the same distance wise and again Scott Horner is in Salt Lake. Several members here have already said what a good guy and builder he is, not to mention all of his racing success in drag and land speed racing.

Good luck with your search

Goldenchild of cloud nine motorsports. he's in Portland like he said above 450 miles away , but he did a heck of job on mine !

enginekit.jpg

Hayabusazone - Pistons, Blocks, Engine Kits

I have cases here and if you don't need motor tomorrow we can build you one. I can let you ride your bike while it's being built and we can either have you come up when done and swap and dyno inhouse or ship motor there and you have tuned there..

Back