Engine Builder/Hayabuse shop on the east coast

That looks like a blast and you did pass some Porche's. Your HP loss is only about 25 from what the motor being in the bike would have produced. Before I went horsepower modifications, I would fix the handling and shifting. I think those modifications alone would help tons.

Unfortunately the car is retired at this point. It was so far off the pace we needed, and has so many reliability/mechanical issues that there's just no point wasting money on developing it. Although honestly it is horribly underpowered. Basically it was supposed to be 900lbs and 170hp. In actuallity it's about 1200lbs and 170hp... when you work it out it's about 40% down on power compared to the performance figures the manufacturer claimed. I truly think another 50hp would really bring the car to life, but... as I said, it's retired.

We're just using it as a display and for things like auto shows. The shifting is actually fine, it just took some getting used to. The handling on the other hand... is a mystery to a lot of people. Honestly I think the fix basically involves re-engineering the whole car.

Still, as I said, it did what we needed, high school kids built it from the ground up and learned about every automotive system involved, and it runs and drives, so it's a success... we're just VERY disappointed that the actual performance is so far off what the manufacturer claimed.

Unfortunately the car is retired at this point. It was so far off the pace we needed, and has so many reliability/mechanical issues that there's just no point wasting money on developing it. Although honestly it is horribly underpowered. Basically it was supposed to be 900lbs and 170hp. In actuallity it's about 1200lbs and 170hp... when you work it out it's about 40% down on power compared to the performance figures the manufacturer claimed. I truly think another 50hp would really bring the car to life, but... as I said, it's retired.

We're just using it as a display and for things like auto shows. The shifting is actually fine, it just took some getting used to. The handling on the other hand... is a mystery to a lot of people. Honestly I think the fix basically involves re-engineering the whole car.

Still, as I said, it did what we needed, high school kids built it from the ground up and learned about every automotive system involved, and it runs and drives, so it's a success... we're just VERY disappointed that the actual performance is so far off what the manufacturer claimed.
Let's take it out of retirement and let the .org have some fun with it!

Back