help with motor build

dolilind

Registered
While my bike in the shop getting the second gear looked at, im gonna do some motor work.

Here's the deal and what im looking to do. Everyone builds motors looks for stroked and big bores and all that other stuff. Im really dont care. Im looking for the most effective power for what riding i do. I really dont want to build a straight line bike. I LOVE CURVES, dragging knees and destroy'n tires. The stock motor with what all the bolts ons is nive but more is better.
I want a motor that is lighter, faster to build the rpms and higher in the r's, almost looking for a GP motor for the busa.
OK how do i get this without making a slow torque monster of a motor that your stuck going 1/4's on.

I was going to suggest cams and pistons; been told 2K for 200 ponies, but your last sentence kinda does that in maybe.

A good pipe runs 1 to 2K and delivers maybe 10 pony, cams and pistons seem to be a good option IMHO. If you need more Turbo or NOS. I lean toward the compressor :laugh:

I have all the goodies so far. Yosh full race system, with gutted shortend and repacked pipe. PC3, TRE, velocity stack, full air box mod,k&n, pair valve mod, ram air tubes modded, synced throttle bodies, dyno tuned (which needs redone since sync).
Now for the internals

if you build a torque monster it wont be lazy. Head and cam work will wake things up more without a torque sacrafice.

Headwork is key, talk to carpenter racing on that. big $ but killer results. Cams are tricky, you get some but you lose some if you go to radical of a profile. big pistons will help the big end. the key is to know what parts you are going to install before you do the port work. good luck

Hi Dolilind, YoU didn't specify what generation Busa you had. If it is a Gen 1, a Brock exhaust cam, index sprockets, bump the compression up one point, a a Power Comander and a good exhaust system and a dyno run. If it is a Gen 2, a good exhaust system, Power Comander and a run on the Dyno should get you abt. 190 HP

Back