Debore a busa motor

Registered
anybody try debore a busa motor. i'm looking to debore bore it down to 1204cc. looks like it mite be close with the valves. i would need to run 78mm pistons. i know why would i what to debore a busa motor. my class rules limit 1206cc.

Just get an old 1100 and bore it out. A lot more parts availeable that way.

that will work better than a de-bore.

Part are probably cheaper too.

i what a efi motor. and a newer design motor.

what kind of hp are they getting out of a 1100 bored to a 1200.

i what a efi motor. and a newer design motor.

what kind of hp are they getting out of a 1100 bored to a 1200.
That I don't know. I imagine you could get as much as you can afford. I have seen some 1100's at the track doing some incredible passes.

I had a 93 Gixxer 1100 bored to an 1127 with all the goodies and stretched 8 inches. That beast would run 5's in the eigth on the motor. Believe me, there is plenty of power to be had on the ole water cooled 1100.

i"m think about having APE destroke my crank. what other mods should i do. this will be a winter project. should i get these parts for it.
aftermarket rods
pistons, what compression ratio
cams or stock intake cam mod
full exhaust ?
air box mods

Thats a good question, I have never heard of anyone doing this. Lemme know how it turns out for ya and good luck.

Now people are going to think that busa motors are slower than they already are.
wink.gif

there are guys using that motor right now. but the price for a used 12r motor is high. you can buy a busa motor alot cheaper then a 12r motor. and since the 14r came of alot of company will drop there products with the 12r motor. and there are alot of engine builders for the busa motor. there are alot more aftermarket motor parts for the busa the the 12r period. the plans is to build 2 motors and parts for a third one.

Thats a hell of a ?? ! You can try to ask Goldenchild or Johnny Cheese. Send them a PM or , you can go over to the suzukihayabusa.org board (be prepared to get some s@#$) but there are alot of draggers over there. Ask Motorhead.

you might be able to resleeve the busa jugs ...there is only a 3mm difference in bore between the 95 1100 and the busa. I haven't had the head off yet ..... but 1.5mm doesn't sound like too much to give up.
just for reference the 1100s had a stroke 5.5mm shorter
You'ld prolly have to run flat top piston though to avoid valve clearance issues.

I ran a 90 1100 @ 1127cc/up 1mm valves/degreed cams/41mm kehins....and some other tweaks....with 152 rwhp. 1/4@9.40s

some comparisons.....busa on the right obviously.

Displacement: 1074 cc / Displacement: 1298 cc
Bore x stroke: 75.5 x 60.0 mm / Bore x stroke: 81.0 x 63.0 mm
Compression ratio: 11.2:1 / Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Wheelbase: 58.5 in. / Wheelbase: 58.5 in.
Seat height: 32.1 in. / Seat height: 31.7 in.
Fuel capacity: 5.5 gal. / Fuel capacity: 5.8 gal.
Fuel consumption (Hi/Low/Ave): 49/32/43 mi. / Fuel consumption (Hi/Low/Ave): 41/35/37 mi
Weight: 521 lb. dry; 554 lb. wet / Weight: 515 lb. dry; 550 lb. wet
Quarter mile: 10.50 @ 129.53 mph / Quarter mile: 9.86 @ 145.80 mph
Measured top speed: 164.00 mph / Measured top speed: 194.00 mph

funny that as far as we have come...it really isn't that far at all... except for that top speed thing.
wink.gif

there are guys using that motor right now. but the price for a used 12r motor is high. you can buy a busa motor alot cheaper then a 12r motor. and since the 14r came of alot of company will drop there products with the 12r motor. and there are alot of engine builders for the busa motor. there are alot more aftermarket motor parts for the busa the the 12r period. the plans is to build 2 motors and parts for a third one.
You can find tons of zx12 motors for less than busa motors. Another option is the GSXR1000 motor.

BTW...basic logic would tell you that buying exactly what you need as a base is tons cheaper than trying to reinvent the horse. And the zx12 base is already set. Will they set out to make new and improved advancements over what is already available? Maybe but doubt it. BUT at 1206cc.....you're already pretty well maxed HP wise with a slightly modded zx12r anyway.

have Falicon de-stroke crank and shave cylinders down to restore compression...and new JE pistons of course

<!--EDIT|NiTrowood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155244714 -->

have Falicon de-stroke crank and shave cylinders down to restore compression...and new JE pistons of course
+1 on the destroke crank. I'd leave the cylinders where they are at and buy rods (1st choice) or custom pistons.

You are going to have to buy custom pistons or rods anyhow.
1) A over square bore works better for most racing apps

2) It will be easier to get pistons with a custom pin or rods with the pin height moved than getting smaller bore pistons mathcing the chamber.

3) you are going to have a huge performance issue if with the small bore because of the shrouding of the intake valve. The smaller bore is going to greatly impact the intake flow.

4) having a longer rod will make the piston spend more time at TDC making more cylinder pressure.

Be sure and bump the compression. You are going to loose between 1 to 1.5 points of compression. O and see DaveO about bumping the rev limiter, it is going to want to rev a bit. If you change cams, remember you are down about 7% on engine size. It is going to want a smaller cam than a 1300-1397- motor.

Back