Wanting to do a 1441 build

And if I go just turbo instead of big motor what else besides rods would need to be replaced to support power above 300?

And if I go just turbo instead of big motor what else besides rods would need to be replaced to support power above 300?

If you open it up to do rods, you should throw in pistons, studs, as well. It's already open, do everything while youre in there once.

But again if you are throwing 300+ hp on it, you need a bunch of other stuff to put the power down. Extended swingarm, properly set up suspension for you, and lowered. HP is great, but if you can't put it down to the ground, it means nothing. Watch this video. Over 300HP but couldn't put it down and his first race was against a perfectly setup liter bike with a very experience rider.

If you open it up to do rods, you should throw in pistons, studs, as well. It's already open, do everything while youre in there once.

But again if you are throwing 300+ hp on it, you need a bunch of other stuff to put the power down. Extended swingarm, properly set up suspension for you, and lowered. HP is great, but if you can't put it down to the ground, it means nothing. Watch this video. Over 300HP but couldn't put it down and his first race was against a perfectly setup liter bike with a very experience rider.

It’s already stretched and lowered with a heavy duty shock on it

I build all my own engines , and quiet a few for friends , and could do a 1441 on my Gen 2 . However it would never be ZX14R 1441 reliable or cool running . Cylinder bore spacing is why . the meat between 1/2 cylinders 2/3 /3/4 is to thin when you start going overbore . An increase in compression adds heat to the mix as well .
The ZX based 1441 motor has been widened to allow meat between cylinders that the Hayabusa does not have to spare .
Example ZRX1100 engine is 1052 cc's while the ZRX1200 is 1164 cc's . Kawasaki had to widen the 1200 engine 5 mm to get the larger bore , and stay cool . Cams / crank / cases / head / will not exchange between these two models .

You can build a 1441 Hayabusa , but do not ever expect it to last like a stock bore motor .
It is a race motor at that point , and we all know the cost of racing parts / builds . You could make one run , and boom its done .

The only benefit of big bore is no spool up time in the lower rev range . Its just there .

The real way to go is simply sleeper turbo, or buy a ZX14R your choice .

I build all my own engines , and quiet a few for friends , and could do a 1441 on my Gen 2 . However it would never be ZX14R 1441 reliable or cool running . Cylinder bore spacing is why . the meat between 1/2 cylinders 2/3 /3/4 is to thin when you start going overbore . An increase in compression adds heat to the mix as well .
The ZX based 1441 motor has been widened to allow meat between cylinders that the Hayabusa does not have to spare .
Example ZRX1100 engine is 1052 cc's while the ZRX1200 is 1164 cc's . Kawasaki had to widen the 1200 engine 5 mm to get the larger bore , and stay cool . Cams / crank / cases / head / will not exchange between these two models .

You can build a 1441 Hayabusa , but do not ever expect it to last like a stock bore motor .
It is a race motor at that point , and we all know the cost of racing parts / builds . You could make one run , and boom its done .

The only benefit of big bore is no spool up time in the lower rev range . Its just there .

The real way to go is simply sleeper turbo, or buy a ZX14R your choice .
Hi. You saw some of the $ in mine I will have over $80,000.00 in mine when done. My turbo kit $15,000,00 +.

Back