Where is a good engine shop for mods?

busa quad

Registered
I'm looking for some engine shops in the orange county area (or some where near) to do some mods for me. Them bingeing reliable and there work has been proven on the drag strip would be a positive.

I'm looking to add some more ponies to engine and I'm not to sure what direction to go.

In general how much HP (if you know a HP range) would a good porting job, cams and lightning the crank bring (maybe a thinner head gasket), would this wake the engine up a little.

I really don't want to boring and stroke the engine if I can sufficiently wake the motor up with the mods I listed.

Any other mods in mind?

thanks

Orange county in which state?
Probably pick up 20 hp with what you mentioned, maybe a little more with full exhaust and a good map.
And :welcome:

I'm not familiar with builders out that way, but there is a good group of guys on here from SoCal that will let you know whats up.....

Not sure they do engine custom building - but I'd give Jim Summers a call at Mach1 in Costa Mesa - I've had them do a lot of work for me (dyno tune, PCV, etc) but all outside the engine - been pleased with their work and they are competitive in pricing - if they don't do it they might recommend someone good - 949-642-3084 (they also have a website)

JOE SILVA...he is one of the best builders.....its a lil drive (Escondido) but WELL WORTH it..........racer's machine is his shop...he does everything himself..him and his wife cathy are racers...his bikes are FASTsome of the fastest on the strip here.
(760) 741-2673

Also....Glen Castro in Oceanside... 760-722-8863 one of the best Tuners ive seen work and he'll get you dialed in in the correct direction and not BS you or overprice....he does all Kinds of work so he will be able to suggest something towards your goal and get you the Head ported and cleaned up if you want that..he knows the busa inside out (takes them to boneville)

If your looking into some good porting then I would suggest Carpenter..but its pricey although you get more than your money's worth....APE is pretty good and they are in CA

Last edited:
Back