Engine setup for a sandrail with a busa

feedmelies

Registered
100_1227.jpg

Hey guys. I've tried searching and looking around myself, but it seems like asking some questions would be easier.

I have a sandrail with a stock 2001 busa engine in it. It's tremendously fun. But you all know about the itch for more power. The only things that are different on the engine is a K&N filter, a custom pipe and a TRE.

I was wondering what you guys would recommend for good, reliable horsepower on pump gas. A lot of guys with cars like mine run turbos and race gas, but I want to stay on pump. I've read on here that guys are doing turbo setups on pump gas that push 400 horsepower. Is that reliable? Or would I have to keep doing little (or big) things to maintain the engine? All I do now (for the most part) is clean my filter and change my oil.

Another question is would a naturally aspirated setup with engine work (cams, porting, big bore, stroked, etc.) be more cost efficient than a turbo setup? Can I get good horsepower this way? Would it still be reliable? Remember I'm going to be in the middle of the desert if my car breaks down. LOL.

Feel free to offer any suggestions and give any input.

Thanks a lot guys.

myrail.jpg

If your stock now, your in the 150/160 HP range. with the proper cams and head work on a 1397 kit, you could jump up to the 200+ range. the cost will be about the same as a turbo kit. The turbos open up another can of worms!
blownmotor013.jpg

to make big power turbo is the so to say cheapest route. 400 on pump gas is really beyond the limit.

A good pump gas turbo kit can run 300hp all day long if the right components are used and the tune is right. :thumbsup:

how much you looking to spend as I have a complete custom one off sandrail kit I would sell before I start to mock up for a bike made over 400 plus in a rail before..I have a custom built motor to go with it also if you wanting to go all out..

Back